Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [OOC] Player-run Events
[CONTEST] My Big Fat Doman Giveaway - Open!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:52 pm
My Big Fat Doma Giveaway

So.... I got a bunch of SoA really suddenly, because apparently, rainbows in my life more often than not lead to good things (go figure), and I wanna give EVERYONE* a chance at a SoA for Doma. I know a lot of folks might like a Japanese flavored pride but might lack a free ropgue with the interest, and I'd like to see the pride get more LIFE in it.

So this event is a crappy attempt to give out some free pride SoA! All SoA in this giveaway were born in Doma before the plague and survived.

So this means POSSIBILITY.

Event begins: Right here. Right now.

Giveaway ends: August 11th, 11:59 MDT - Distribution of prizes will occur sometyime shortly after this dsy/time; this is the cut off for new entries!

* Pride owners arte not eligible for this giveaway. Sorry guys, I'm playing favorites and opening this up like normal pride customs, so. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:29 pm
size=18]Dem Rules tho

So everything ever with prizes has rules. These are mine.

• Be kind and respectful. I hate asking this but I'm legitimately sick of drama. Not in my house, people. >/
  • My word is law. Das Tor, being a co-owner and my spouse, is also law. MangoMeow is also allowed to come in and lay down THE LAW if neither of us are available. RESPECT THE LAW. :3
  • Shop staff ARE welcome! Don't be shy, don't be shy, you aren't getting special treatment I just want everyone to feel welcome. Only Pride owners aren't allowed to try for one of these pretties.
  • Please keep entries PG-13! Profanity does not follow this because my mouth is a sewer (Sorry-not sorry?)
    [&] These are old blooded Domans! So restricted ranks are allowed: This means you can be any rank between Samurai and Kuraido! Let's make this special! This does not include Geiko -- as these delicate flowers are earned in RP events for now ONLY.
  • Enter for al, but you can only win one.
  • Names should be: Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese, or Vietnamese, to fit into the culture's naming trends.
  • I must apologize for all the Final Fantasy jokes, see Final Fantyasy XIV had a new expansion come out so I've turned into a complete lost cause...

Helpful Links for you!

I'm not a monster, I know people might be lost... Or not find names in bloody english characters.... And I'm not abasndoning people to try using google translate for names ETC Here's my helpful link quickguide to get to derishus informations!

Pride ranks! || Pride Info || 20, 000 Names

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:58 pm
Healer's Salt!

User Image

So this girl has a unique challenge to present to everyone who wants her.

See, my spouse, Das Tor, is the healer. A lot. Not just in Final Fantasy XIV but in tabletop, ETC, and they're usually the 'Con Parent' when allowed, and being a healer is NOT EASY. You have to deal with idiot strength tanks, the risk of chaotic evil party members, that idiot dragoon going floor t-- oh, wait, that's me. AND YE$S THEY NEED TO PUT UP WITH MY s**t. DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD THAT MUST BE? THEY DESERVE A MEDAL.

So, you know what? I'm gonna get ya'll to help alleviate some of dat healing salt (trust me, healers are salty as heeeeeell).

For this contest, you're gonna make my spouse come home from work, and walk away feeling a lot better than they do coming in. This is being judged BY THEM, not me.

I can drop the following hints, thoughj!

What Das Likes:
Cute images!
CRIWS, and corvidsd. Das loves them some corvids.
Music. Abney Park, Macklemore, ETC. Gothic Industrial, Rammstein, also all good. Maybe see if there's a new group to introduce!
Rockabilly, and gothic fashion, especially gothic victorian.
Look Positive! Things! They also love Card Captor, so cute screen caps = bueno. Or Dante from Devil May cry, OG style, or something. Please don't nick fanart though.
My spouse is a crazy eevee herder. They love every eevee and eeveelution so pictures of eevees and eeveelutions are always a good choice. Especially Sylveon.

[size=15][b][color="darkpink"]It's ok Das! This will cheer you up![/b][/size]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]SoA name:[/b]
[b]SoA Rank:[/b]
[b]Oh man Nova made you work? This should cheer you up![/b]

[spoiler]Imsgr ;ink, video link, feel-good story, or anything else to cheer them up under the spoiler! BE FRREEEEE[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:16 pm
You... you... Spoony Bard!!

User Image

So both Das and Mango run bards, and I'm.... OK I like music, but I also like thought put into a character. So here's the way to win this guy.

Fill out the form, and link over one (1) main song to reflect him. This can be lyrical or instrumental, as long as it's not Rap music (This is for my sake more than yours... Sorry, I only like Macklemore.) The entry I like most wins. And if I need a tiebreaker, well, there be Das to bug, or someone. >>;; Put the bow down, Das. Mango.

[b]SoA Name:[/b]
[b]SA Rank:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b] (600 words or less, please)
[b]Theme:[/b] [url=LINKTOYOUTUBEHERE]Song titler - artist[/url] (Remember, NO RTAP[/url]

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:45 pm
Dragoons are not floor tanks, usually.

User Image

Yeah I'm a dragoon main. The horror screams the former Final Fantasy XI players. Oh the humanity! Not a flkoor tank! they scream. AND you buggers got other XIV players in on your bias. WELL YOU CAN SUFFER THIS DRAGOON.

Why?

This lady's a twin -- I got to pick a lion to keeps, and I chose her here to love and adore.

And because of that, I'm being a touch fgussy. Being made fun of for maining dragoon really hurts, yeah? I admire dragoons! OK it's because of Final Fantasy IV but still.

This contest is a tiny bit like Healer's Salt, only I want a little more because I'm in a Mood. I want you to convince me to give you my pretty girl's sister. YOU GONNA WORK-- ok no I'm actually easy. Drip the usual name and rank -- I'll match my lady's rank to yours -- and then some plot ideas and some convincing. I mean, I'm hoping to RP with you, but I want convincing, damnit. So for this girl I'm asking for this.

Wait, stuff I like?

Well I've been playing Shadowbringer lately so Emet-Selch screenshots are divine. So divine.
I like swords. And lances. And most pictures of stabbing implements, actually.
Music? Let's gosynthwave, retrowave, showtunes, pop rock, heavy metal, power metal, gothic industrial, classics.... for exampole groups I'm in love with are Guns 'n' Roses, or Gunship, and I'm a bit used to Com Truise. Or The Aviators. Look, hit me with something good okay. I'm usually into any non-rap.
Aesthetics? Celtic, forests, water, space, sci fi, and RETRO-ARSE COMPUTERS. yeah yeah I know.
FERRETS ARE MY JAM. Black footed or domestic ferrets!

pcolor=Purple][b][size=14]...Y' jump good.[/size][/b]
[b]SoA Name:[/b]
[b]SA Rank:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b] (600 words or less, please)
[b]Plot ideas?:[/b] With or without me!
[b]"Convincing"[/b]
[spoiler]CONVINCING HERE.[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:58 pm
This is open!  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:47 pm
It's ok Das! This will cheer you up!
Username: Andranis
SoA name: Makoto
SoA Rank: Saishi
Oh man Nova made you work? This should cheer you up!

Hi there >>  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:42 pm
wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance WARNING![

Due to unexpected circumstances, I need to close this on SUNDFAY, AUHGUST 4th for judghing.

Why?

I'll be going into surgery on August 14th and I'd like one less thing hanging over my head until then. Ilike giving out presents and happiness, and I don't want the wait to suffer because of an unplanned operation, but this is, basically, energency in a sense.

I am a gluacoma patient. My eye pressures are too high to be healthy and my medicines no longer work... Leaving laser surgery my best option for saving my eyesight. If any SoiA go unhomed, I'll do a make-up contest once I'm over the procedure. Thank you for being understanding!  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Keantha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:42 pm
pcolor=Purple]...Y' jump good.
Username: Keantha
SoA Name: Hai Chau (two pearls)
SA Rank: Samurai
Personality: Hai is the more gruff of the two sisters, very stoic and silent...unless she's around cubs then she's just a big ball of goofness.
Plot ideas?: With you of course!! Whenever you get better I would love for them to maybe take on one of the younsters in the pride determined to teach them how to be warriors!
"Convincing"
Have some doodles I found (properly linked of course!!) Number 1, and Number 2.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:26 am
Username: Zaikt
SoA Name: Kichirou.
SA Rank: Shokunin.
Personality: Kichirou is dedicated to the preservation of the stories of those around him--he finds the reasons why others have gotten to where they are to be a deeply fascinating web, and thinks that these personal histories are some of the most important things to record. He's liable to get completely lost in these tales, however, and over-empathizes to the point where he feels as though he's lived their lives with them; sometimes, this allows him to form a deeper personal connection with the subject of his interviews, but it's just as likely to rub someone the wrong way. Kichirou genuinely doesn't mean any harm by this, but can fail to understand just where he's overstepped without explicitly being told, and until he's clear on that, he can and will get offended. He's simply trying to understand them, after all--what's the harm in that?
He loves the sheer variety of life, and is highly prone to hounding any new faces for any details they're willing to give him--while he'd love to get the full story, he can be placated for a time by giving him a perplexing anecdote or particularly juicy piece of gossip. While he's busy picking that apart, it may be best to find a better spot to hide if you don't want to have your ears talked off.
Theme: Of A Lifetime - Crippled Black Phoenix

Username: Zaikt
SoA name: Noriko.
SoA Rank: Saishi.

i have caught for you.....an Exotic Pokemon to brighten your day
all it took was some fries in the parking lot!
User Image

(i drew this dw)

Zaikt

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:28 pm
Username: MiddyGlow
SoA name: Kaori
SoA Rank: Saishi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:30 am
...Y' jump good.
Username: Redbud-Tree
SoA Name: Himari
SA Rank: Shokunin
Personality: A quieter sort who prefers her work --- primarily with ink --- than socializing with others, she nonetheless has a good sense of humor and a playful streak, and has been known to joke that her spots are actually ink, or even that her sister stole all of her colors (and that one day she means to get them back!) She's very attached to her twin and at the end of the day trusts no-one more than her.
Plot ideas?: Shenanigans. Actually convincing someone of the ink thing, you never know when someone might believe it. Getting her to see that she doesn't need to lean so hard on her sister. Maybe lurve in the air with someone eventually I mean what.
"Convincing"
NIDHOGG THE MAGIC DRAGON SAYS SO

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:44 am
Sorry for the delay folks, but we have winners!

I am making this announcement on Nova's behalf, as a pride owner and as basically their 'Seeing Eye Crow' right now. Thank you everyone for participating!

Andranis
You win Miss Healer Salt!

Zaikt
You win the Spoony Bard!

Keantha
You win the Floor Tank!

Thank you again, everyone, and look forward to more things after Nova recovers from surgery!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:30 pm
*hugs Hai* Give Nova our love!! We'll be waiting for them to return  

Keantha

[OOC] Player-run Events

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas