Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 7:51 am
"Could be fun if there were a few of us though?" L'ux suggested, trying the idea out inside his own head even as he said it. "I mean, the local Holders'd probably be happy to have some riders move in, make 'em feel like a priority or whatever. I guess the big-knots will be planning to move back in there and make a proper Weyr again some day but," he waved a hand vaguely - not the hand holding his cards, "that'd be ages from now probably. Dunno, probably wouldn't work out in the end but it's a fun thought right? Nobody telling us what to do all day, we could easy earn out keep taking jobs from Holders and just hunting and stuff I expect." Humm... Na, probably a bad idea. But then again....

Contrarath's wheeze distracted him from going any further down that line of thought, and S'yn's totally innocent explanation of hi-po-thet-ikles that he definitely didn't do pushed his mind further away from the idea again. "Aww, well, guess we can't be good at everything right?" he laughed. "I mean, if she did try to do it that is of course. But maybe one of your new little 'uns would be good at it if they ever tried?"

I think we should have Freckle try too, just for interest, we'd never actually ask her to help us cheat at anything, Cochith hummed cheerfully, giving Contrarath a nudge as the tips of his tail flicked playfully. It would just be good to know, so we can warn people that firelizards might do things like that, right?  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 9:59 pm
“Hmm, a few of us?” S’yn echoed, tapping a card against his chin for a moment before laying down a trio of sixes. “D’you mean a few of us visiting together for a kind of beach party or d’you mean a few of us moving there?” Both sounded like fun to him, and both had their pros and cons, but one was kind of quite different from the other; rather more permanent.

When L’ux mentioned his two newest firelizards S’yn couldn’t help but glance back over to his cot, but thankfully Lacey and the pair of them were still curled up, sleeping peacefully. “I hadn’t thought of that,” he admitted with a roguish grin and sarcastic tone that hinted he absolutely had thought of it, at length, several times, despite his words, “but if I ever did decide to try and train them for it, it’d be fun to see if either of them would be any better than Lacey is - theoretically is, of course - or if they’d be just as bad.”

Contrarath scoffed at the notion and settled more comfortably, thankful he didn’t start coughing or wheezing again.
Where’s the fun in teaching them and then not utilizing it? And where’s the fun in warning them first?

“Dragon after my own heart,” S’yn said with a fond sigh as he laid a hand over his chest and flopped back against Contrarath again. “Freckle is your new firelizard, right? You should try to train her for it too, see how she does. Not to cheat though, of course,” he added, twisting to aim a smirk over at Cochith too. No, he’d never encourage others to cheat, because he definitely never cheated himself! Nope, never!  

BlackFireKitsune

Tiny Lunatic

Fort Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas