Submit

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:53 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mene
Anxo, newly minted courier between Alu Spring and Sunrise Terrace, was making his first delivery today. It was mostly boring scrolls like trade stuff, but there looked to be a couple personal letters. Gran had insisted on sending one to Dysmas, just for fun. He adjusted his kelp bag as he approached the docks, then hauled himself out. Now to find his brother.

He'd visited Sunrise Terrace a handful of times, now, so he was....reasonably familiar with the layout. It always took him a moment to adjust to the gravity on land, so he walked slowly from the docks up to where he thought he remembered Dysmas' house being. Now, whether or not he'd actually be there was another thing.

Wolf
Dysmas was taking a moment to rest in his cottage, Sweetie Drops, his girlfriend, was out at the moment. Now that he had gotten used to the duties in running a village that his mom had left to him, he wasn't feeling so frazzled all the time. He had learned to delegate. He no longer walked up and down the village a million times paying a visit to every pae on the council, now they came to him for a daily meeting which was still a few hours off unless there was something more pressing. Dysmas almost felt like he could maybe go for a long swim. That sounded overdue.

He quickly sat up to jot down a note of where he could be found in case he was needed. Dysmas stepped out from his hut and was about to turn back around to hang up his note when he spotted his brother. "Anxo!" He said happily. He loved that his brother had decided to help out around the village too, it meant that they got to see each other more.

Mene
"Hey!" called Anxo in greeting, jogging over to Dysmas and giving him a hug. "Look at you, you look like you've actually slept!" he teased. After a brief moment of catching up, he looked in his bag. "So actually like, most of this is for you, man," he said. "D'you want me to drop it at your place, or...?" He left the question hanging.

"I've also got a couple letters. One's for you, surprise, it's from Gran. The other two are names I don't recognize, could use your help with that." He was still definitely finding his footing, so to speak, as the go-between for the two cities. And, he figured, once more pae realized that they could easily get a message between Sunrise Terrace and Alu Spring, he'd just keep getting busier.

Wolf
Dysmas laughed as his brother teased him about getting some sleep, "Shhhh, not so loud. They'll find something for me to do." He joked in a hushed voice. The water angel looked at Anxo's bag and nodded his head. "Yeah, best to leave that stuff here and I'll sort through it later," he agreed, wondering if there was anything exciting in there, but presuming it was only business.

"Aw, from Gran? That's sweet." He smiled at the thought. "Oh yeah, I can help with the other pae, lots of new faces coming around it can be hard to keep up with them. Maybe I should find someone to take care of the delivery on this end so you're not having to trek up and down the entire village." He thought about if there might be any good candidates for something like that. "There's actually a letter in the stores hut waiting to go back down with you. From a faun, Calais' son actually, I'm not sure if you remember mom talking about her at all." Calais was long grown when Anxo and Dysmas were growing up, and rarely visited due to life in the tree. "It's for Aunt Moana, actually." Dysmas quirked his eyebrows at Anxo.

Mene
"That's a thought," agreed Anxo, nodding. "Have one pae who can collect mail from the other villagers to pass off to me, and then when I get here I'll leave everything with them and they can deliver around the village. There might not be much now, but I'm sure it'll pick up."

"Really?" he commented dryly, with a bit of a smirk. "What'd'you know. Small world, huh?" Aunt Moana with a land pae.... Anxo wondered how that'd work out. Through letter writing, apparently. "D'you want me to walk with you for the letter?" he asked. "Could use a bit of land exercise," he joked.

Wolf
Dysmas nodded his head, "I think so too, it's a great way to coordinate meet ups." Dysmas took the items that were for him from Anxo. "Let me throw this stuff inside real quick and then we can walk over there." Dysmas disappeared into his hut, but was quick to return as he just set everything down on his desk without looking. "You need the land exercise, and I could use a good swim," he laughed as he began walking towards the stores hut. Though it wasn't a very far walk due to Dysmas' hut and the stores hut needing to be central locations. "Speaking of, how's dad doing?" Dysmas thought he should consider sending a letter to Toli, but maybe a visit would be better.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:54 am
Mene
"Hey, what do you say we go for a swim after this?" Anxo asked, elbowing Dysmas gently as they walked. "You gotta use those muscles or they get all squishy," he added.

"And you know dad," he continued with a shrug. "My guess is that he thinks he's giving us space or whatever, but it'd be nice if he came to visit. Last I heard he and Lala had broken it off. Mutual thing, to my knowledge. So you know he's thrown himself back into his job, pretending he likes it and it's his life purpose or whatever." He rolled his eyes. Adulthood, and more specifically parenthood, had given Anxo a lot of perspective on his own upbringing. While he didn't fault his parents for not staying together--how could they have?--he was glad that he'd been able to give his own girls the two-parent experience.

Wolf
"Yeah, that would be great. I had actually already been considering it when I saw you, I have an 'away' note written out and everything." At the stores hut, Dysmas stepped in and grabbed a pile of letters. "Looks like there's some other ones too."

Thinking back on dad, Dysmas shook his head sadly. "Space is overrated, maybe I should go give him a visit." It was sad for him to hear that things hadn't worked out with the latest girlfriend.

Mene
"Yeah, I doubt he's too excited about visiting the surface anytime soon," agreed Anxo, tucking the letters into his bag, then adjusting it on his shoulder for comfort. "Although, like, maybe it'd be good for him or something. Get out of his little box."

"How's Sweetie?" asked Anxo as they started to head toward the docks.

Wolf
"Oh, she's well," Dysmas responded as they walked. "She's happy I have been home more. While I was getting used to everything, it was pretty hard on our relationship with me not being around so much. I can't blame her, I really needed to make some changes for myself." He smiled before taking a deep breath of moist air as they got closer to the dock. He looked over to his side at his brother with a playful look on his face. "Last one in the water is a rotten fish!" Dysmas called out, he immediately took off running down the dock.

Mene
"That's cheating!" bellowed Anxo after him. He took off running as well, though his "land legs" were still pretty wobbly. As soon as there looked like there was enough water to accommodate him, he jumped off the side off the dock, then pushed off the bottom to swim alongside the dock to where Dysmas had just jumped off the end. One thing about not having a tail, he supposed, he could actually swim in the shallows. He flipped over onto his back and swam casually over to his brother. "Rotten fish, huh? That what happens when you stay out of water too long?" he teased. It was good to spend this time with Dysmas. He missed seahorsing around with him.

Wolf
Dysmas laughed as Anxo yelled after him, the moment was freeing, He hadn't done anything like this in so long. With sheer joy, expecting that he had defeated his brother, Dysmas cannonballed into the lake only to surface and find that Anxo had already beaten him to the punch. "Clever." Dysmas praised his brother with a flat voice, before splashing at him in mock-frustration.

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:56 am
Mene
Anxo laughed and splashed him back. "Well, I've got to have something going for me, you got the good looks," he joked. "C'mon, let's get out of the shallows." He started swimming away from the dock. "Anyway, glad things are on the up for you two, and that you're working less. Seems more functional that way."

Wolf
Dysmas looked up, a confident expression crossing his face as the water from his brother's splash dripped down it. "That's true." He followed Anxo away from the shallows of the docks. The water felt amazing, just what he had wanted. "Yes, far more functional. Any of the girls working on making you a grandpa yet, old clam?"

Mene
Anxo chuckled. "Well, Xoana and Beltan have gotten pretty serious. Moved in and everything. They haven't said anything about kids yet, but from what I know about Beltan, he's a family sort of guy, so I can't imagine it's far off." He made an open gesture. "I'm not gonna press, though, y'know?"

"What about you? You and Sweetie thinkin' about kids?"

Wolf
Dysmas laughed, he couldn't wait for the day that he could call Anxo, grandpa. As long as it didn't happen to him first with that Gray boy that Monroe was seeing. "I think its probably best to let things simmer down a bit before we throw kids into the equation." He responded to the idea of him and Sweetie having kids of their own. "It all seems a bit complicated too, what if our kids take more to the water than land?" Dysmas couldn't claim to know how it all worked, but he recognized there was a possibility that their kids could need to be raised in the water. At least there was the alcoves nearby so there family wouldn't have to be completely separated, but it would still require a juggling act.

Mene
"Mm, that makes sense," said Anxo, nodding along while he listened. "And, you know, there's always adopting a couple of pearls. Or whatever fauns call their pearls? Seeds maybe? You know, if it's a concern."

Wolf
"Hmm," Dysmas said thoughtfully as he moved gracefully through the water. "That's not something I had thought of, it's a good idea." He wondered if the tree would take issue with someone like him being the father of its seeds or whatever they were, but it was something he would need to look more into another time.

Mene
Anxo and Dysmas swam and chatted together for a good long while, until it was time for Anxo to head back. He gathered up his satchel and bid farewell to Dysmas before diving back down to Alu Spring to finish delivering the mail. This was definitely a role he could see himself really settling into; making use of his "dual" nature, and the ease with which he could transition from water to land and back. It was nice, he thought, feeling like he had a place in larger society, rather than just being a hermit with his family.

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games