Submit

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:41 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dai
Coracias had taken the day off from her not-so-recent-actually job working as a sommelier to pre-emptively reorganize and clean up the few belongings she had in her little home. The front door was cracked open due to a well-placed potted plant of some sorts, though besides physically removing the need to turn a doorknob to enter, had no addition effect to the inside. After all, the windows were opened to let the light breeze from outside keep the interior nice and cool.

If she hadn't gotten the date wrong (and she knew she hadn't), today should be the day that Masozi would be moving in. Perhaps, to some, it would have made more sense for the reverse to happen, but then they'd be spending too much time with his children and grandchild. And that... would be a problem... Hell, they liked to make themselves -quite- known even when she occasionally stayed the night, and the boys had even started expecting that she made enough coffee for everyone come the morning after.

Combined with the reality that their so-called 'curse' was, ahem..., more and more broken recently, and this change in scenery made all the more sense.

Mene
Masozi had been worried about how this transition was going to go, but as it turned out, everyone had been...surprisingly cool. Maybe it was just that they were all adults now, but it really seemed like Cari and Kasmai, especially, were really rooting for him. Cosme had even helped him pack. Although, the act of packing itself had proved to be somewhat challenging. They'd all lived together for so long it had been difficult to suss out exactly what, besides his personal effects, actually belonged to Masozi. They shared pretty much everything. And so, as far as things like dishes, glasses, furniture was concerned, they'd all agreed that Masozi would figure it out with Coracias what sorts of things she already had, and what the two of them could use more of, then return to that topic later.

As it was, Masozi had borrowed a dolly from the winery, normally used for moving barrels of wine around, to easily move his two trunks to Coracias' house. Their house. Wow. Sometimes the idea still stunned Masozi.

Masozi knocked twice on Cora's door, then, noticing the plant propping the door open, swung it open and held it with his foot while he wheeled the dolly in front of the door. The weight of the trunks would certainly hold it open. Moving the little plant out of the way so it wouldn't get damaged, he walked in, looking for Coracias. "Cora?"

Dai
Focused on cleaning as she was, it took a moment for the sound of the opening door and Masozi's voice to catch her attention. She whipped around on her heel and turned to face him with a lighthearted, "Heyo!" as she set her little dusting stick (or whatever) on the counter. She glanced out a window to see where abouts the sun was in the sky before looking back at him with a self-satisfied smirk. "It's not even midday yet - I see you were quite excited to move."

Mene
Masozi rubbed the back of his neck and chuckled. It had taken quite a while, but Masozi thought he finally had Cora more-or-less figured out. She teased not necessarily for the banter, though they did a fair amount of that as well, but to get a rise out of him. Once he'd realized that, it took some of the sting out of her comments, and he could give her the reaction she wanted without his own feelings actually getting hurt. And while they'd had to have a frank conversation once or twice about her not doing it so much in public, it seemed they'd mostly fallen into a rhythm that suited them both. On occasion, however, he intentionally responded to her needling with earnestness: "How could I not be?" he answered, with a grin and a cocked eyebrow.

Dai
A light flush spread on Cora's cheeks as she bit her lip and glanced away, embarrassed by how he'd just said that with a straight face. It only took a moment for her to regain her composure (or pretend to) by laughing and skipping on over. "Well, come in, come in. Let me grab some of your stuff - oh wow, you didn't bring much, huh?"

Mene
Masozi smiled almost smugly. Got her. But she was right, he was excited.

"Ah, yeah, I was going to talk to you about that," he said, going to the door where his trunks were. "Most of the like, household stuff I wanted to wait on. No sense bringing a bunch of stuff that you might already have if all them could still use it." He waved a hand in the direction of his old house. "I thought maybe after the midday meal we could take a bit of 'inventory' and see what we'd need., then I can go back over and pack that. Hopefully be back by the evening meal?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:43 am
Dai
"Ah, that's quite practical." Cora nodded before holding her arms out to receive the first box he'd hand her. "So what's in this one? I'll go ahead and place it in the right spot." A smirk. "No need for an inventory though, I've got everything memorized already. Just let me know what you were concerned about."

Mene
Masozi chuckled. "Of course you do," he said fondly. Her memory was always so impressive to him, even still. "It's mostly dishes, I guess," he responded. "Wine glasses, plates, utensils, and the like. I just wasn't sure what you had, being just yourself." He ran through a mental list of what else he wanted to ask about. "Mm, yeah, some cooking dishes as well." He couldn't wait to start cooking for her regularly.

"This top one's mostly clothes and knickknacks, sentimental stuff, wrapped up in them. Bottom one is heavier, books and such."

Dai
"Ah, dishware? I have two of everything." Exactly two - no more, no less. "Feel free to look through my cupboards. That's probably better than if I just listed off a catalogue for you." She brought the first box closer to her for a better hold before walking to set it in the bedroom - that's where he'd want such stuff, yeah?

Mene
"That's a good idea; I'll do that now," said Masozi, heading for the kitchen. This way he'd also get a sense for where things were stored. He hummed to himself as he methodically opened and closed cupboards and drawers, taking note of what Cora had and where she kept it. Two of everything, as promised. He made a mental note to bring two more of everything from home--er, his old home. That way they wouldn't need to wash dishes after every meal. He also noted which cooking dishes and utensils she had and which he could bring (he doubted the kids would miss them).

After completing this task, he got the second trunk from the doorway and brought it into the bedroom also, leaving the dolly outside and letting the door close behind him. He set the trunk down and then stretched his back, then looked around. He hadn't really thought past packing up his things and bringing them here. Now how to unpack into a home Cora had already made? He didn't want to intrude on her space, but on the other hand, it was their space now, wasn't it? "How d'you want to do this?" he asked.

Dai
Cora came to be leaning against the doorway after this and that was Maso spoke to her, arms crossed. "However you want I guess? There's plenty of space." True to this comment, the room was very sparsely decorated with only the minimum practical furniture required.

Mene
Masozi shrugged amiably. "Fair enough," he agreed. "I don't have much either," he chuckled. He opened the one trunk and carefully unpacked clothing from it. Many of the garments were acting as protection for small things he'd wrapped up. A small pig made of clay, a parchment drawing of a family framed with twigs, a handkerchief with a large knot in one corner, a purple sphere made of an odd material with a seam around the middle. He set the things on the dresser, almost reverently, then laid the clothes out on the bed. The clothes were mainly protective wear; linen shirts to keep the sun off and the like. Though he did have a snappy-looking bow tie. In the bottom of the trunk were a pair of boots, each with a wine bottle inside. He took those out and set them on the dresser as well, then tucked the boots under the bed, out of the way. "That's it for this one," he said. "D'you have some extra hangers for these shirts, or should I fold them and put them in the drawers?"

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:44 am
Dai
Cora shrugged at his question and shook her head. "No, I really only have one or two shirts at a time, so never needed to make a space for hanging them in the closet. You can just toss them in an empty drawer for now - we can see about getting a rack and hangers later if you still want that."

Mene
Masozi got the rest of his things put away without much incident. Eventually he stopped asking what Cora thought he should do and trusted that if she had an opinion, she'd make it known. They had the midday meal together, then Masozi took the trunks and dolly back to pack up some kitchen, dining, and linen things. He did so fairly quickly and made it back in time to cook dinner for himself and Cora in their home.

The only real hiccup came around bedtime. Cora's bed wasn't exactly big enough for two, comfortably. He raised his eyebrows and gestured toward it. "I'm good for getting cozy if you are," he said playfully, when it was time to head for sleep.

Dai
y the time night rolled around, Cora found that her house had become quite a bit more homey in such a short time. Dinner had been great, and they'd already washed up and were ready to head over to bed.

She glanced over at him with a smirk. "Bet you get all flustered though." And, without missing a beat, headed on over to get nice and comfy under the blankets.

She glanced over at him, smile hidden under the blanket, as she gauged his reaction.

Mene
Masozi laughed with a quiet snrk, blushed, and rubbed the back of his neck with a little "you got me" shrug. Truthfully, though, he was too tired for any sort of amorous activity tonight. He yawned and stretched rather dramatically, then climbed into bed with Cora, simultaneously scooting close and gathering her into him with one arm. "Hard not to get flustered in bed with such a beauty," he commented, snuggling up. "But unfortunately sleep is calling my name. Maybe I'll be more flustered in the morning," he joked.

Dai
Oho? Was that a challenge?

Cora took that as a challenge.

Perhaps he'd realize what he'd done as he noticed the decidedly-mischevious glint in her eyes as she was pulled closer... But for now, she conceded with a yawn. "Sounds good - toodle-oo." It only took a few moments for her to drift off into a deep slumber, her breath coming in a gentle rhythm and a small strand of drool pretty rapidly falling from the lowest side of her mouth.

Godspeed Masozi.

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff