Submit

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:45 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mene
The day after her date(!!) with Sindri, Dulce was awash with nervous energy. She replayed the entire evening in her head as many times as she could, recalling every detail she could. The instance where she'd tried to touch his hand and he'd practically recoiled....well, it wasn't better on the replay.

She fussed around her house while she ruminated, and it wasn't until she'd put it into the oven that she realized she'd made an entire loaf of bread without thinking. "Oh spirits, I do need help."

Once the bread was out of the oven she put it into a cloth-lined basket and walked briskly to her friend Cocoa's house. Brulee, her familiar, nipped along at her heels, hoping for a treat. She knocked impatiently on the door. "Cocoa?" she called. "Cocoa it's Dulce, are you home?"

Fable
Thankfully Cocoa had finally gotten a break from all her work projects and was home for once. It was insane how many home projects of their own piled up if you didn’t manage them day to day.

At the urgent sound of the knock on her door Cocoa almost sighed annoyed at being interrupted until she heard Dulce’s voice. She didn’t hesitate to answer for her friend. “What’s wrong, Dulce?” She asked without the usual proper greetings. It didn’t seem the time.

Cocoa held the door open to her and Brulee if she so thought it necessary to sit down for whatever it was she needed to share. She knew Dulce by now and it definitely wasn’t because the Village was on fire or something of that nature. Still, it was enough to bring Dulce to her doorstep so it was worth Cocoa’s time as far as she was concerned.

Mene
"I went on a date last night," said Dulce, looking just a little panicked. She went into Cocoa's home and sat down in a chair. Brulee rubbed her head against Cocoa's leg before following Dulce, settling between her feet as she sat. "It's that Sindri, the guy I get eggs from? I don't know what made me do it but I invited him to dinner and he said yes, and then we had dinner, and I was a complete idiot, I asked too many questions and tried to take his hand??" She groaned and put her face in her hands. "And then this morning I was just trying to tidy my house while I thought about everything and then I made this entirely without thinking about it." She flipped off the cloth from the bread dramatically. She slumped in the chair. "So like, what do I even do now?"

Fable
Cocoa perked up at her words. A date? Ok this was an interesting development, “I didn’t realize you had eyes on anyone.”

She patted Brulee’s head before following after Dulce. It a small home, but perfect for her. It especially made it nice for these encounters because she was only a few steps away from Dulce as she started some tea for them so she could continue the conversation, “Sindri?” She paused before she caught up with the other, “Oh, right, I remember him now.” Had she mentioned him deeper than that though? Was Cocoa a bad listener!?

She held back a snort at the dramatic way she revealed the bread, turning back into her little kitchen to grab them some wooden plates. She brought it all over to a small side table next to the chair Dulce was sitting in and started to slice them up some of it.

“Do you like him?” Cocoa asked simply. She apparently wasn’t as faint at all this information like Dulce was. She set a plate on the ground for Brulee and took the seat on the other side of the table from Dulce. “Don’t think about what happened, how did it feel? Did you have fun? Did it make those emotions stronger?”

Mene
Dulce peeked out from between her fingers. "I had a really good time," she squeaked. "And I don't know if I like him or not, I barely know him, but I really liked talking with him, and whenever I see him or think about him I feel sort of faint?" She picked up her slice of bread and munched on it. "I've never been on a date before, how was I supposed to know what to do? Uuuuuuugh, I'm afraid I messed everything up and made it awkward, though." She looked as if she might ooze out of the chair completely. The plate was sitting on her stomach and her neck was bunched up against the back of the chair.

Brulee made a cheerful yipping noise and eagerly nommed on the bread.

Fable
Cocoa chuckled at the other as she took a bite, “Hey, you had a good time, that’s what matters.” She was actually impressed at the other. This was a huge social breakthrough for her. “What you do now is see him again.” She said matter of factly. “See if you feel those faint feelings again. If so, ask him if he wants to go out again. Simple as that.” She said with a firm nod.

“If he doesn’t, it’s no skin off your back. We all flub up and make mistakes from time to time, but that’s what makes a Pae charming. You’re charming, Dulce, and if he would like more of that charm in his life he will be smart and see you again.”

Oh gosh she totally likes him. This would be interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:48 am
Mene
Dulce sighed. Cocoa was right, of course. She was charming. And beautiful. Sindri should be thrilled to go on a date with her! She straightened up in the chair and took another bite of her bread. "So, what, do I just...invite him out again?" she asked. "Do we go have dinner again? That seems sort of boring, doesn't it?"

Should she bring up the other thing? Maybe Cocoa would understand.

"I also..." she rubbed her forehead and grimaced. "Apparently he's a Naiad? I had no idea. I didn't think they could live out of water for so long." She chewed on a thumbnail thoughtfully. "But like, is that a problem? Should that be a problem?"

Fable
Cocoa grinned at the other seeing her perk up at the compliment, “Be creative. Some times a walk or a picnic is just as nice. Gives you a chance to chat and get to know each other better.”

She waved the other off, “Not a problem, complicated maybe, but you won’t know unless you give it a shot, if you’re willing. Yeah, there are others out there that it might be easier…” she shrugged “But doesn’t mean you have to give up on it if you don’t wanna.”

She got back up to get their tea all situated before returning. Now that Dulce seemed calm enough, “So, tell me again what happened that meant the world ended?”

Mene
Dulce groaned again and leaned forward with her face in her hands. "I dunno, we were talking, and I thought we were having like a connection, like I definitely felt like a spark? And I said I was glad our paths crossed here in Breeheart, since we both moved here from somewhere else? And he said he was glad too, and I like, reached across the table and just like, softly touched his hand?" She reached out with her hand to demonstrate. "And I thought it was gonna be like, sweet? But he just like, jerked away!" She pulled her hand back toward her body as she talked.

Fable
A look came over Cocoa's face as she gently set her tea down, "He did what now?" Her complexion was becoming dark and broody and you could tell that she didn't like that this had happened to her friend, "Did he say anything? Really try to push the emotions aside as you think back like was he just shocked and it was a natural reaction or...?" Her wings were lightly fluttering like she did when she got irritated. She seriously looked like she was about to cut a male.

Mene
"I dunnoooo," Dulce groaned. "I guess maybe I surprised him?" She sighed. "I mean, I also got the feeling it was too soon, but it also felt right?" She tapped her chin. "We didn't bring it up again."

Fable
"So it happened and he stuck around then?" she questioned, trying to keep her tone even and not like she was ready to hurt a Pae. She took some time to keep munching and sipping her tea, calming herself down. "Next time, why don't you ask him? Its always good to be upfront and have communication... and you want to know what you're getting yourself into. Learning each other's comfort levels is important." she was sounding like herself again, "I want you to know you did nothing wrong, though. You were following the moment and what you were feeling. These things are all about testing the waters. Eventually you'll get to know what he's comfortable with and it'll get easier."

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:50 am
Mene
Dulce grumpily sat up again and sipped her tea. It was pretty calming. "Yeah, it was lucky timing that our food came just then...gave us a convenient change of subject. But then like, I guess thinks kinda went back to normal? Like the rest of the time we just chatted about stuff, nothing too deep or anything."

Frankly the idea of talking to him about any of this was terrifying. But Cocoa was always right about this stuff, and Dulce trusted her. "I guess he is kinda flighty," she admitted, finishing her piece of bread.

Fable
“Hmmm…” Cocoa replied as she took another sip. “I say give it another chance, but if he keeps that up,” she started to shake a piece of bread at her friend “You drop his a** in the lake and don’t look back, you hear? You’re worth more than that.”

She nodded firmly at the other before grinning playfully, “So when do you see him again?” She sounded almost crazy going back and forth, but she really did want to believe in her friend and the situation while also being cautious. There wasn’t enough to say he was necessarily incompatible with the other…

Mene
Dulce giggled. "If he's a Naiad I'm not sure that's much of a threat." She sipped her tea. "But I'll keep that in mind." Brulee jumped into her lap and settled happily.

"I don't know," she admitted to the question. "We didn't like, set anything? But I'm supposed to get eggs this time next week."

Fable
Cocoa snorted, “Well, I wasn’t gonna tell you till kill him by sending him into the mountains or something.” A smile actually turned up her face at the other. She was feeling good that she helped her friend find her head space again.

“Perfect. Feel it out, see if you wanna deal with the memories forever popping into your head when you see him.” She tossed her a teasing grin, “I’m teasing. You’ll know what you want when you see him. Then you’re allowed back if you go making some more bread.”

Mene
Dulce laughed, a more genuine and less nervous one, and relaxed into her chair a little bit. "Thanks, I'll keep that in mind." She sighed deeply. "Thanks for helping me talk through this, Cocoa. I dunno what I would've done today if you hadn't been home."

Fable
Cocoa watched as Macaroon finally made an appearance, stretching and yawning like it had been sunning itself in the back room. It waltzed over and put its paws up on Dulce's knees in order to sniff out Brulee, wagging its wail excitedly.

"Of course, you know I am always here for you. I am just honored that I was the first one you thought of." she set her tea aside, shooing Macaroon from her legs to give her space. "How about I walk you back? Some fresh air may help us both."

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games