Note: Takes place shortly after Tau's introduction to the Pridelands as the heir... Yes, 9 years late on that

As they wandered away from the expansive crowd and the multitude of relatives, Madaha stared up at the sky. After a moment, she looked at Kushindwa. "Hey, uh... Did you... Mean it? Asking me to be your mate?"

One ear twitched before Kushindwa looked at Madaha, smiling at her. "Yeah." He leaned closer, nuzzling the lioness. "You've been my best friend growing up, and..." He looked sheepish at this part. "You're the only lioness to put up with me crashing into everything for so long..."

If that wasn't the saddest confession... Madaha sighed, looking back at the sky. "Great kings.." Turning, she headbutted his mane. "You big doof. SOMEBODY needs to keep an eye on you!"

"You mean...?" He got a hopeful look on his face, ears up.

"Yes I'll be your mate." She then grinned. "You gotta succeed at something, right?"

Absolute delight filled Kushindwa's face before he started bouncing around in joy. When he landed in a bush, he smiled sheepishly at Madaha, who only laughed and licked his forehead.

"Oh, my silly fail lion..." She smiled, then helped push him out of the bush. "Come on, let's go find somewhere to just... Relax."