Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

who are you
  ******** off who are you
View Results

melikefood

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:00 pm
It's Miles

I was here in like high school -- 2007 -2009 i think?, I looked up to meta_fish's sense of non-competitive video gaming. We did MarioKart DS one time and I remember being absolutely destroyed by him. It made me feel like I could learn a TON from this group. I did. It was tons of fun playing all sorts of games.

I ended up playing lots of Mafia and then starting a shitty Mafia guild that is empty now. I remember saving that 20K gold and finally getting it... lol it seems really silly now.

I ended up quitting most video game communities around when Gamer Gate gained traction. Turns out I have lots of friends in the indie game industry and it broke me out of my high school libertarianism and now I'm one of those evil SJW's you hear about now.

I got my degree in Vocal Music at my local CSU, I'm gay AF and have dates with men all the time. I got back on this account to do some research for this internet podcast I'm making with a friend. Hope to have that up later in the year.

I'm on twitter mostly @Woah_Milo
I have some music on Spotify under Woah_Milo but most of my music money is still church choir.

If you're in the East Bay of California let me know and I'll try to make the hang.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:29 am
RIP shitty mafia guilds
i'll never forget the blood, salt, and mental gymnastics  

Bulbadoof

Grumpy Misfit

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:03 pm
dramallama dramallama
melikefood
It's Miles

I was here in like high school -- 2007 -2009 i think?, I looked up to meta_fish's sense of non-competitive video gaming. We did MarioKart DS one time and I remember being absolutely destroyed by him. It made me feel like I could learn a TON from this group. I did. It was tons of fun playing all sorts of games.

I ended up playing lots of Mafia and then starting a shitty Mafia guild that is empty now. I remember saving that 20K gold and finally getting it... lol it seems really silly now.

I ended up quitting most video game communities around when Gamer Gate gained traction. Turns out I have lots of friends in the indie game industry and it broke me out of my high school libertarianism and now I'm one of those evil SJW's you hear about now.

I got my degree in Vocal Music at my local CSU, I'm gay AF and have dates with men all the time. I got back on this account to do some research for this internet podcast I'm making with a friend. Hope to have that up later in the year.

I'm on twitter mostly @Woah_Milo
I have some music on Spotify under Woah_Milo but most of my music money is still church choir.

If you're in the East Bay of California let me know and I'll try to make the hang.

Shout out to the gay musicians dramallama dramallama dramallama  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:47 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
nwo & forever baybee  

Bulbadoof

Grumpy Misfit

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:55 am
Yo, I'm a dad now. My daughter was born September 12th. Go me!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:30 am
Joined in 2007.

Haven't really done that much in the past 11 year since. Mostly graduated college, finding jobs wherever I can, and developed a sort-of drinking problem due to my irritation with modern politics and depression.

But I still like sticking around because of the video games.

If you wanna chat or catch up on old times, hit me up on twitter @Sir_Codin

Or search Sir Codin on Steam.  

Sir Codin

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 2:02 pm
I joined this website in late 2004. Damn near 15 years ago. I was 14 at the time. And this ********' Gaia Guild is still the second quick-tab on my book marks bar on my laptop I got in 2012.

I remember being at a birthday party at Tom's parents' cabin on a lake with Fish, Tom, and Nate. Nate had shown us all how to use an auto-refresher to get the "max amount of gold possible". This is back when it took weeks of posting to get items from the Barton Boutique. (I just got 500,000,000 gold for a daily bonus when I logged in today lmao)

At some point I connected with one of my friends, Fish, in freshman year of high school. He told me he had started a guild on gaia. I used to go over to Fish's house, more times through inviting myself over than not. I was introduced to Melee through Fish and Lucas. I remember my first "main" was red Kirby so I could specifically be "Commie Kirby". I was interested in smash bros, but not much else Nintendo.

I had started to try and sell my art for gold on Gaia under the account name Goldriff at this time. Fish had permitted me to join the cult to allow me to try and sell my art on the website. At this point I became known as "Goldy" for short. This is when I started to become far more active in the Cult than ever before. After a while, that faded and I returned to my original account of Kuzodav.

I would say the biggest pivot came with the release of the Wii. Then it was just going over to Fish's after school to play virtual bowling (largely) and baseball. Then. The Super Smash Bros. Brawl trailer dropped. At the very end, Solid Snake. By this point, Fish knew what a large fan of MGS I was, and when he sent that trailer to me, I lost my MIND. I was all on board the hype train from there. And that's where my regular posting in this guild truly began. Simultaneously, as I remember, this guild was spotlighted and membership went through the ROOF.

At this point in the guild's history, the four main discussion threads were: SPAM CAN, PYP, Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion, and the ever infamous N-Cult Art Contest.
The last one, oft forgotten, is where I truly started to form my internet identity.

And it was awful.

After a string of posts and submissions (and having to use Fish's scanner to upload my art. Also i remember making fun of people misspelling Nintendo in their art submissions with Fish, only for him to discovery I had done the very same thing in one of my submissions, lol) the original posted of the thread had gone AWOL. Leaving no definite winner, and no prizes to be claimed. It was at this point sides started to develop. And it was all started with one comment I had made in the thread. Someone had say something along the lines of "well regardless of how it played out, they had the best intentions in mind". And so I said the only natural response.

"Yeah, Hitler had the best intentions for Germany too."
This caused a s**t STORM. And truthfully, I loved it.

This began my far-too-long stint of being a fire starter for the sake of being a fire starter. Along the way I made friends with a new member of the Cult, Mik! He was so shy at the time and I felt like I needed to big-bro it up for him. I also began some at-times tumultuous friendships with other folks in the Cult.

Then Lady Psycho Sexy joined the Cult during the spotlight and "Ruined the guild with her sexual attention-seeking posts". There was a new troll in town.

I had competition.

After some spats with LPS, at some point, we realized we can troll harder together. This was probably round the time of my short-lived MS Paint comic "The N-Cult". And once she and I got on the same page. Oh, man. Was it glorious.

The next bit of time is a little hazy for me. But I remember there being drama because Keeskee and her like Swedish friend(?)would only post in the guild in the PYP to get attention. Orphie was always criticizing my art for sucking. There was Ribbin, who I was always fighting with. Kath, who I was always trying to figure out if he was gay or not. Mik, who I felt protective over. LPS, who I trolled with. Fish, who at times did not appreciate the kind of environment I brought to the guild, AND ACTUALLY BANNED ME ONCE RUINING MY PRESTIGIOUS ORIGINAL GUILD JOIN DATE AND RESETTING MY THOUSANDS OF POSTS COUNT I HAD ALREADY ACCRUED IN THE GUILD.

There's more, but that's as far as I am willing to type for this current post. I'll add more in a later post to this retrospective.

Coming up next: Mafia, I'm a freaking disney movie and I didn't mean to :/, PAU Ninjas, KuzoPOW, guild decline, keeping up with Culties in Steam, reconnecting with folks again in League of Legends, meeting Culties in person, and keeping in touch beyond.  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 7:28 am
Kuzodav
Then Lady Psycho Sexy joined the Cult during the spotlight and "Ruined the guild with her sexual attention-seeking posts". There was a new troll in town.

I had competition.

After some spats with LPS, at some point, we realized we can troll harder together. This was probably round the time of my short-lived MS Paint comic "The N-Cult". And once she and I got on the same page. Oh, man. Was it glorious.

it was the were-d**k. that was the very first time we put aside our differences and embraced collaborative chaos. you actually made me laugh with no salt.

side note, pls tell the legend right: i was one of the main reasons the cult had GONE TO HELL. it was my SEXUALITY getting all the teenage boys in this cult's PANTIES IN A TWIST with my STUPID attention seeking(no hyphen) posts.  

Bulbadoof

Grumpy Misfit

Rusti Fire

Aged Humorist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:33 am
I miss all of you guys...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:35 am
Graduated a month ago  

MaverickDrifter

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:05 pm
Grats, digi!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:27 pm
Always think about this guild, came back to check since the Red Bard video. So has the Switch made all our dreams come true or what?  

teh emoogle boy

Steadfast Browser

5,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Maxim_from_Lufia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:08 am
I also just hopped on because of the Red Bard vid. Lots of memories of this place, crazy to think it's been over 10 years since I joined.

Hope y'all are healthy!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:58 am
I saw the thumbnail for the Red Bard video, but haven't actually watched it. Is it any good? Worth watching?  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Maxim_from_Lufia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:48 pm
Yeah, it's prety good. Focuses on the economical aspects of Gaia rather than the community aspects.  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff