Welcome to Gaia! ::

Odd One Out

Back to Guilds

The sweet little slice of Gaia reserved for the bizarre, twisted, and/or bored. 

Tags: Random, Debate, Discussion, Chat, Competitions 

Reply Main Forum
So a Pandemic, eh? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_sweet_neko

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:01 am
Funkyblueeyes
And I think to myseeeelf...
What a wonderfullll woooooorlllldd....

We've got quite the historical event going down right now with our global pandemic. I'm out in Canada BC where we were world leaders in handling the pandemic.... Until a few weeks ago when we started tanking again hahaha.

How are you, your families, and your areas handling the Covid-19 Pandemic?

I never went out before this now all i want to do is go out cuz im not allowed  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:10 am
The_sweet_innocent_neko
Funkyblueeyes

We've got quite the historical event going down right now with our global pandemic. I'm out in Canada BC where we were world leaders in handling the pandemic.... Until a few weeks ago when we started tanking again hahaha.

Ahahahahah isn't that just the way?!? My friend just got put on temporary meds that make her not able to eat dairy and now she wants nothing more in her whole life than all dairy all the time.
What would you go out and do if you could?  

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

The_sweet_neko

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:06 pm
Funkyblueeyes
The_sweet_innocent_neko
Funkyblueeyes

Ahahahahah isn't that just the way?!? My friend just got put on temporary meds that make her not able to eat dairy and now she wants nothing more in her whole life than all dairy all the time.

I would love to go for a hike or even go to the movies or even something town event  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:26 pm
The_sweet_innocent_neko
Funkyblueeyes
The_sweet_innocent_neko
Funkyblueeyes

I would love to go for a hike or even go to the movies or even something town event

I miss the movies. I'm not a hiker but I told myself that this summer I would do a beginner's hike or two to check it out, but that was before the pandemic hit. Now I have an excuse to be a couch potato hahah. I live in a great area for hiking but the trails have been criticized for how packed they've been, and were even closed down for a while since nobody was socially distancing.

I also wanted to do the beach. And maybe even the zoo. But alas.  

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

Air Beast

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:36 pm
Funkyblueeyes
Air Beast
Funkyblueeyes
Air Beast
Indeed. A whole a** pandemic. I'm using this time to improve myself.

That's awesome. I love the ways people are finding to use this time to their benefit. What have you been working on?

Exercising regularly and art again. There's a manga contest I'm in but I'm trying too hard to be unique and only have a week left before the contest is over so I'm having fun at least heh

Ahaha oh awesome! I know that feeling, when you spend too much time trying to make the perfect thing so it runs long.... Yeesh.
I really should have used the pandemic to exercise but I actually had a gym membership before it all went to hell in a hand basket, so I stopped exercising when things shut down instead. Now moving my body is hard again.

Yeah and I'm in this thing where the only thing I'm bothered by is if I'm good enough to draw it so I'm drawing things over and over until it's great lol so it's very engaging and very stressful but in a good way. And to the gym thing I say, I wasn't doing much exercise before quarantine and it looks like we're going to be here for a while so you have time if you really want to. I started gradually taking walks around my neighborhood and now am running and it was fun to slowly get better at something all over again  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:49 am
Funkyblueeyes
The_sweet_innocent_neko
Funkyblueeyes
The_sweet_innocent_neko
Funkyblueeyes

I miss the movies. I'm not a hiker but I told myself that this summer I would do a beginner's hike or two to check it out, but that was before the pandemic hit. Now I have an excuse to be a couch potato hahah. I live in a great area for hiking but the trails have been criticized for how packed they've been, and were even closed down for a while since nobody was socially distancing.

I also wanted to do the beach. And maybe even the zoo. But alas.

The beach sounds great right now ill just have to make a list of things todo once we free of this  

The_sweet_neko

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:20 am
Air Beast
Funkyblueeyes
Air Beast
Funkyblueeyes
Air Beast

That's awesome. I love the ways people are finding to use this time to their benefit. What have you been working on?

Exercising regularly and art again. There's a manga contest I'm in but I'm trying too hard to be unique and only have a week left before the contest is over so I'm having fun at least heh

Ahaha oh awesome! I know that feeling, when you spend too much time trying to make the perfect thing so it runs long.... Yeesh.
I really should have used the pandemic to exercise but I actually had a gym membership before it all went to hell in a hand basket, so I stopped exercising when things shut down instead. Now moving my body is hard again.

Yeah and I'm in this thing where the only thing I'm bothered by is if I'm good enough to draw it so I'm drawing things over and over until it's great lol so it's very engaging and very stressful but in a good way. And to the gym thing I say, I wasn't doing much exercise before quarantine and it looks like we're going to be here for a while so you have time if you really want to. I started gradually taking walks around my neighborhood and now am running and it was fun to slowly get better at something all over again

I'm an artist too and perpetually get stuck in that trap. I have a bad habit of stopping the piece because I grow bored of it before I can get it good enough to want to finish it haha. And the truth is there's no such thing as "good enough" in my eyes when it comes to my work, because as I get better I also get pickier.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:22 am
The_sweet_innocent_neko

The beach sounds great right now ill just have to make a list of things todo once we free of this

Yesssss as long as you can look at the list with an "I'm so excited to do these things" attitude instead of an "I'm so bummed I can't do these things" attitude. I'm on a real kick these days of applying teenie tiny things to my life that boost happiness just a little bit. I can't control everything but if having a list of things I'm excited to do makes me smile a bit and get a little excited then why not? It's so easy to do.  

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

Air Beast

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:48 pm
Funkyblueeyes
Air Beast
Funkyblueeyes
Air Beast
Funkyblueeyes
Air Beast

I'm an artist too and perpetually get stuck in that trap. I have a bad habit of stopping the piece because I grow bored of it before I can get it good enough to want to finish it haha. And the truth is there's no such thing as "good enough" in my eyes when it comes to my work, because as I get better I also get pickier.

Ah yes, the eternal WIP. If I don't get something to a certain level in time, I too abandon it. Do you have/post your art anywhere I could see it?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:56 pm
Air Beast
Funkyblueeyes
Air Beast
Funkyblueeyes
Air Beast

Ah yes, the eternal WIP. If I don't get something to a certain level in time, I too abandon it. Do you have/post your art anywhere I could see it?

I have an instagram
I also run a webcomic but it's been on hiatus for a few months so far (and more to come) because I'm very behind schedule on it. It's called Ruthless
I work in cartoons so I draw a lot.

What about you? Where do you post?  

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

Air Beast

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:34 pm
Funkyblueeyes
Air Beast
Funkyblueeyes
Air Beast
Funkyblueeyes
Air Beast

I have an instagram
I also run a webcomic but it's been on hiatus for a few months so far (and more to come) because I'm very behind schedule on it. It's called Ruthless
I work in cartoons so I draw a lot.

What about you? Where do you post?

Ooh, I will check these out. I partly asked you so I could get ideas myself of where to post. I haven't worked on anything besides the comic lately but I did use to have a pretty decent deviantart one time. I can show you the comic when I'm done with it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:09 am
Air Beast

Instagram is the place to be right now for personal art, in my opinion. You get a lot more viewers and followers than any of the other places like twitter or tumblr. Specifically for comics though... Instagram could also work, I did my research and chose webtoons, but tapas is also a very popular option. I like having my comics on a platform where the people going there are specifically looking for comics.  

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

Air Beast

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:40 pm
Funkyblueeyes
Air Beast

Instagram is the place to be right now for personal art, in my opinion. You get a lot more viewers and followers than any of the other places like twitter or tumblr. Specifically for comics though... Instagram could also work, I did my research and chose webtoons, but tapas is also a very popular option. I like having my comics on a platform where the people going there are specifically looking for comics.

Yo, do have any tips for drawing FASTER because I am RUNNING OUT OF TIME right now hahahaha *sweats*  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:19 pm
Air Beast
Funkyblueeyes
Air Beast

Yo, do have any tips for drawing FASTER because I am RUNNING OUT OF TIME right now hahahaha *sweats*

Ahahaha oh no!!! The only cure is not being a perfectionist about it razz It's tough. But also reusing work as much as possible. Copy paste those backgrounds hahaha! Cheat!!!  

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

Air Beast

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:28 am
Funkyblueeyes
Air Beast
Funkyblueeyes
Air Beast

Ahahaha oh no!!! The only cure is not being a perfectionist about it razz It's tough. But also reusing work as much as possible. Copy paste those backgrounds hahaha! Cheat!!!

Well it ends today at 11pm (12 noon Japan time) so I gave up on meeting the deadline. GG  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff