Give Jameta a Hand Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 3:26 pm
By adult themes, I do mean things like sex. I forget whether Tantra is a faith or a practice (maybe it's different to different people; I don't remember), but it has to do with sex.

So yes, I am curious whether or not I should include such topics.  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 10:49 pm
Jameta
By adult themes, I do mean things like sex. I forget whether Tantra is a faith or a practice (maybe it's different to different people; I don't remember), but it has to do with sex.

i dont think you should exclude it, just treand on the subject with care. unfortuantly, some of us still have a five year old running around in our heads  

Akwila

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:42 am
Just in case you miss it in the thread, the URL for the History of the Pentagram info I have is
http://journey1.org/freedom/pentagram.htm
. Now you should be able to add it to the library ^^

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 8:12 am
Jameta
I do pose a question for members: should I include mature topics in the Library? By mature topics, I mean like Tantra.

Jameta, things like Tantra, as long as you warn the people that its "mature content", are perfectly fine.
As well, if a Pagan or Wiccan is truly in to their studies and Religion, they will find out about those things, and Sex Magic as well, as their knowledge progresses.
I'm 16, and I already know about using the good energy caused by an orgasm to further a spell to completion.
That doesn't mean I promote Sex Magic, it just means I think everyone should know it exsists, and act accordingly to their own morals and views on the subject.
The same goes to Tantra, and other mature things. People should be able to learn about it, and act accordingly to their own morals and views on the subject.
So I think, yes, you should actually include those types of Mature subjects. Just allow a disclaimer warning about mature content. Should be no problem.

Winter Black
Crew

Blood_dripping

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:01 pm
i dont get what im suposd to do here ? help me out alil n i will help out alot i have nothing else to do but look things up  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:45 pm
Blood_dripping
i dont get what im suposd to do here ? help me out alil n i will help out alot i have nothing else to do but look things up
Find helpful resources and fill-out the information provided.  

Jameta
Captain

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:45 pm
Topic: Witchcraft's Basic tools
Type of Source: Internet
Title: The Tools of Witchcraft
Author/Creator: Wren
Short Summary: Wren of Witch's Voice gives information on the basics of many common tools of our trade.
Date/Year Published: July 16th. 2000
Link: http://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.html?a=usfl&c=basics&id=2874  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:51 pm
Topic: Phases of the Moon 2005
Type of Source: Internet
Title: Attune YOUR Magic - Phases of the Moon 2005
Author/Creator: Gary Reed
Short Summary: A chart with the phases of the moon this year to help you pick a time for spellcasting.
Date/Year Published: January 1st. 2005
Link: http://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.html?a=usxx&c=basics&id=2871  

Siofra Da`Halbria

Kosake

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:59 pm
Jameta

Personaly, I think that thre should most deffinatly be these types of topics, but, as was mentioned before, they should be taken care of so that they dont get out of line.
Sexuial energy is the most powerful type, and is a very good thing to know of, but, seeing as the ages of the gaia members are typicaly young, I would say that they should only be a couple sources for these types of topics, and even then, then should be VERY carefully researched before they are deemed viewable my younger eyes, as so to not violate gaia ToS.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:23 am
Cultural Anthropology would be a useful category in my opinion. In contrast to dogma, this might provide some insight as to the "why"s of our similar faiths. This field covers considerable material, from The Golden Bough to The Teachings of Don Juan. A related subject would be comparative religions.

I hope this is an appropriate suggestion- I'm tired and spacey.  

TheArgus

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:23 am
TheArgus
Cultural Anthropology would be a useful category in my opinion. In contrast to dogma, this might provide some insight as to the "why"s of our similar faiths. This field covers considerable material, from The Golden Bough to The Teachings of Don Juan. A related subject would be comparative religions.

I hope this is an appropriate suggestion- I''m tired and spacey.
No, it''s a good idea. And hopefully it won''t stay empty for long- I''m taking a Cultural Anthropolgy class at community college this school year. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:34 pm
Lyke ohmygodzors, check-outzez die up-datorz, lol. heart  

Jameta
Captain

twilight insanity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:55 pm
now i just HAVE to say it! this "tantra" stuff sounds very interesting, and i am actualy curious to know if i have ever unknowingly cast any tantra spells....please, if nothing else, at least pm me with some basic history and lessons on tantra. i want to know what it is. as for information, i would be able to find things around home an dthe omputer and books, and then pass it on here without difficulty. however, i might have given things you already know. sweatdrop i'm very new to the practice, i only began to actualy take the initiative to learn a year ago. my mom never taught me anything, she just blurted out little fact after little fact every once in a blue moon... stare
also, as for the stuff on feminism, i can only say, there shouldn't be a masculinism at all, because in almost EVERY part of the world, which definately included, and in fact was very very prominent in, eaurope, men controled women fully, and it wa svery sexist and unfair. i do not promote that at all, and it is only fair that women should have some kind of freedoms. if that means that the witches of old folk lore held all the power of control in the society, right down to the sisterhood assigning the king, then i say good for them! because STILL they would have to be the slaves of their husbands at home!  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:05 pm
Jameta

I do pose a question for members: should I include mature topics in the Library? By mature topics, I mean like Tantra.

I think that your list is comprehensive and quite well done. Yes, I absolutely think you should include mature topics. They need to be marked mature (imo) and requested that they be used, like all topics, responsibly.

As I get more comfortable in the guild, I'll check back and see if there is anything I can do to help!
Blessings and Light
Susan  

safkef

Liberal Shopper

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200

serbus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:41 pm
I'm completly new to the path so this library intrigues me (It's actually what made me really want to join). Some topics I'm most interested in are:
-Herbal remedies
-Runes
-Gods (How do I know which one is best for me? Once I've found one, how do I show him/her my devotion?)
-How to celebrate Holidays
-Tarot, for guidance. I'm not some newbie saying, "Tell me if I'll be rich!" because I think that is really lame and completely dissrespectful.
-Local Resources (How do I find someone else in my community to worship with? Especially when even the mentioning of magick gets you stoned to death?)

Anywho, I'm pretty sure you already have all of these topics up, but I would love it if people sent resources about these things in so I can find out the answers to my biggest questions.

Thanks,
-Teshia  
] The Crystal Rose Library [

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas