Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply '`♥•The Free Chat Retreat•♥`'
Favorite Quotes Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dreamweaver38

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:07 pm
"Books are like flypaper -- memories cling to the printed page better than anything else."
- Inkheart (Cornelia Funke)

"You cannot see what I see, because you see what you see. You cannot know what I know, because you know what you know. What I see and what I know cannot be added to what you see and what you know because they are not of the same kind. You cannot know what I know, and see what I see, because that would be to replace you yourself."
- Earth: Mostly Harmless (Douglas Adams)

"Simon:Wow, I guess you can do anything on an adrenaline rush.
Jace: Or with the unholy strength of the damned!"
- Mortal Instruments Series (Cassandra Clare)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:44 pm
Yeah Inkheart!

"We try so hard to hold on to them. I think every ghost story, even the scary ones, is about the fear of dying. We don't want people to just end. So we tell stories where they don't. We try our damnedest to talk to them. We'll believe anything. But I think if we asked them, the ones who are gone, they'd tell us to get on with our lives."
-Kitty Raises Hell-  

Lyember

Dreamweaver38

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:42 pm
I know... Inkheart was wonderful wasn't it?

“I was thinking about the first time I ever saw you,” he said, “and how after that I couldn’t forget you. I wanted to, but I couldn’t stop myself. I forced Hodge to let me be the one who came to find you and bring you back to the Institute. And even back then, in that stupid coffee shop, when I saw you sitting on that couch with Simon, even then that felt wrong to me – I should have been the one sitting with you. The one who made you laugh like that. I couldn’t get rid of that feeling. That it should have been me. And the more I knew you, the more I felt it – it had never been like that for me before. I’d always wanted a girl and then gotten to know her and not wanted her anymore, but with you the feeling just got stronger and stronger until that night when you showed up at Renwick’s and I knew.”
~ Jace in City Of Glass, by Cassandra Clare

Now very much against her will, she thought of the way Jace had looked at her then, the blaze of faith in his eyes, his belief in her. He had always thought she was strong. He had showed it in everything he did, in every look and every touch. Simon had faith in her too, yet when he’d held her, it had been as if she were something fragile, something made of delicate glass. But Jace had held her with all the strength he had, never wondering if she could take it – he’d known she was as strong as he was.
~ Clary in City of Glass, by Cassandra Clare

"Or you can search my naked body for some odd birthmark that means I'm a prince of somewhere or other..."
~ Orion in The Atlantis Complex, by Eoin Colfer

Vogon: Well, what do you think [of my poetry]?
Ford: AHHHH it BURNS!!!!
Arthur: Actually, I quite liked it.
~ Or something along those lines from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams

Fang: What happened to your tan?
Max: It was dirt.
~ From Maximum Ride, by James Patterson

There ne'r was a story of more woe,
than that of Juliet and her Romeo.
~ From Romeo and Juliet, by William Shakespeare.
(I love that one not just because it's beautiful, but because it states Juliet OWNS Romeo. ^^)

"Mother, Father," Alec began, "I have something to tell you. I'm seeing someone." (And he's a sexy, sexy warlock. XD
~ Alec in City of Glass, by Cassandra Clare  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:36 pm
I love the Maximum Ride series!! heart

Ok, since there hasn't been any song lyric quotes in a while, I'm going to post one.

"For the shadows see all
And they rarely forget
Every dream that you've had
Every act you regret"
~Midnight~
-Trans-Siberian Orchestra-  

Lyember

Lyember

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:10 pm
And back to book quotes! biggrin

"No matter what the disaster, you only had to face it head-on, with fortitude."
-Kitty Raises Hell-

Here's a some from Kitty's House of Horrors.
"We were never going to appreciate aggressive human friendliness, were we?"

"The enemy of your enemy is not necessarily your friend."

"The words 'tasteful' and 'human sacrifice' should never appear together in the same sentence."

"Public service announcement here: there's no shame in getting help. Really. Honest. We're all in this together, and life is a little easier when we act like it."

That last one has a lot of meaning to me because just last year I was going through a tough time in my life and I thought I could handle it myself until I broke down in tears in my health class. I ended up seeing a therapist and it really helped.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:11 pm
"I destroy my enemy when I make him my friend."
-Abraham Lincoln-  

Lyember

Dreamweaver38

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:38 am
We are all worms, but I do believe I am a glow worm.
~William Churchill  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:02 pm
"I prize thy love more than whole mines of gold
Or all the riches that the East doth hold."
-Anne Bradstreet's To My Dear Loving Husband-  

Lyember

Lyember

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:08 pm
"Mere mortal humans made great fighters because they had so much to lose."
-Kitty's House of Horrors-

Here's some quotes from L change the world...
"We're allowed to go on living happy, healthy lives because tens of thousands of animals like this chimp sacrifice their lives. But all people do is kill and hate and do whatever they please. I guess they forgot that nature is what keeps us alive."

"Is this really human progress? Even while people are aware of the bleak future from the coming food crisis, the rise in sea levels due to global warming, and the depletion of oil resources, they continue to put off making a decision. This is neither progress nor prosperity. Indeed, mankind is regressing."

"Humans have forgotten that they are part of the Earth's environment."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:30 pm
"There was an old woman who lived in a shoe. She beat her kids till they were black and blue. the kids tummies were empty and needed to be filled, so they killed and ate the old woman who made them live in the shoe."

"Mistress Mary, Mary quite contrary, how does your garden...die? with puppies tongues, and children's thumbs, and blood that falls from the sky....."

"I never heard what you said, just what you meant. I hate you. I love you. I don't love you anymore."

"You're too pretty to be weird and too weird to be pretty.
And you feel strange when people try to talk to you. So get a job, it's safer than art. Maybe people won't point and stare so much. Even if they're only in your head. Especially if they're only in your head."

"This world is hard. It has sharp edges and points that cut. It'll make you choose between love, money and sleep. Choose love each time and sleep when you can, money - only when you must.

Because this world is hard. And at times, it is too hard, for me."

-I Wrote This For You

ttoki

Shy Pumpkin

Lyember

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:17 pm
Dreamweaver38, I like your signiture!

Quotes from The Sight by David Clement-Davies:

"And who shall divine, in the dead of night,
The lies from the truth, the darkness from light?
Like the cry of the scavenger, torn through the air
A courage is needed, as deep as despair."

"But is truth not just a word for that which is not a lie? For that which exists beyond lies?"

"...know that without night there is no day; without lies, no truth; without despair, no hope."

"...true responsibility isn't because of guilt or even simple duty ... It's because of love."

"There is nothing more terrible, nothing more evil than to hate something and call it love."

"But life is not a legend or a story. Reality is far more precious than a story. And to love one another we must begin to see one another properly. Besides, ... at times, the greatest courage of all is to live."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:34 pm
"Some people name their kids words, like Sunshine, or battery or whatever...."
-Louis CK  

ttoki

Shy Pumpkin

Lyember

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:06 pm
"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't."
-Erica Jong

"We take greater pains to convince others we are happy then in trying to think so ourselves."
-Confucius

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
-Walt Emerson

"He who asks is a fool for 5 minutes, but he who doesn't ask remains a fool forever."
-Chinese Proverb

"In every man a child is hidden who wants to play."
-Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

"The things most people want to know about are usually none of their business."
-George Bernard Shaw  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Quotes from Fell (sequel to The Sight) by David Clement-Davies:

"In that moment she learnt one of the greatest secrets of life: It is often easier to fight for others than it is for yourself."

"For why wrestle with the world alone, when two pairs of eyes may see better than one, and four better than two? ... Another's eyes may always tempter the arrogance of the triumphant heart, while when the sadness and the weariness come, happier eyes can renew the world again with their vision."

"Yet it seems to me that life just happens sometimes, and when what happens is bad, you can either give in, or you can do something about it."

"But why do adults, why do parents not realize that children desperately wish to do things not so much out of duty, but out of love? And you can't force anything to love anything else against its nature."

"Why did death engender fear? Because death meant change, a change greater than we have ever known, and because death was indeed a mirror that made us see ourselves as never before. A mirror that we should cover, as people in olden days covered mirrors when someone died, for fear of an evil. For with all our care and pain for those who had gone, it was ourselves too we felt the agony for. Perhaps ourselves above all."

"What do ordinary people know of true hunger and of true glory ...? What do they know of destiny? And what of the sorrow that comes like a thief, and of the cold facts that I must admit only to myself in the darkness?"

"It's those that fight the hardest for freedom who are never free."  

Lyember

ttoki

Shy Pumpkin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:37 pm
"And no group of people, is as important as a single person. There's no them that's more important than a you."  
'`♥•The Free Chat Retreat•♥`'

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff