Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
The Rules / Introduce Yourself Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this thread?
Yes
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
I'll be on when I can
56%
 56%  [ 26 ]
No
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Ooh, a poll!
23%
 23%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 46

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:11 pm
The Gamer's Promised Land Rules

Welcome!

I'm nitnit, the guild's captain. I hope you enjoy your stay and that you're active. All I ask is that you follow a few simple rules.

Rules:

- Follow the Gaia TOS. Sorry kids, but we have to.
- The main forum is fine for general threads.
- Listen to the crew members, VCs, and most importantly me.
- If you have a problem with another member, please PM me instead of starting a flame war.
- Do not rickroll. It may or may not be a bannable offense. Currently it is only allowed in the random/chatterbox sub-forum. If you do not know what "rickrolling" is then don't worry about it or google it.

Social Rules [last updated 9/7/08]:

What IS allowed:

- Being Blunt/Br00tally honest. Yes, you are completely free to tell someone their AMV sucks, or tell them that they have no idea what they are talking about. It's not nice, it's not encouraged in any way, but it's fine. Just make sure you actually know what you're talking about.
- 'soft' trolling. Yes, I completely made up that term. By soft trolling I mean intentionally getting into a debate. Going into a thread, and striking up a debate about politics or video game consoles is perfectly fine, just try to stick to facts, and avoid changing the subject.
- 'light' insults. By light, I mean things that aren't that bad. Rightfully calling someone a 'n00b' or a 'scrub' is A-OK. If someone deserves it, feel free to call them a jerk.

What ISN'T allowed

- Severe insults. Calling someone a "d**che" or an "a*****e" or anything along these lines is not permitted. I've been very lenient about this in the past, but I'm going to be stricter, because lately there has been too much hostility and people using these insults. If you're insulting someone outside of the guild who won't read it, this rule is not as strict. Still try to refrain from using this language though.
- real trolling. If you go into a thread, and start insulting everything without anything to back it up, just to get a response, then you're trolling.

Example of soft trolling - You go into a super smash bros brawl thread, and bash the game for being devoid of any real combos, and for its gameplay mostly consisting of using a handful of moves over and over. You're starting a debate, and you have a valid point.

Example of real trolling - You go into a super smash bros brawl thread, and you start posting that the game is dumb, and that anyone who discusses it online is a loser etc. You have nothing to back your statements up with, and you're just looking for a response.

dracokagebuyo: *cough*tehdrummer*cough*

Hopefully this will ease up tension going around, and help us be more active with better conversations.

That's about it. As long as you don't do anything really stupid you probably won't get banned.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:18 pm
Introduce yourself in this thread!

I'm nitnit. I run the guild. I often have bouts of hyperactivity (in the sense of a lot of activity) then inactivity. I'm going to try to be constantly active more often XD

If you have any problems/comments/questions, feel free to PM me. Most stupid PMs don't get replied, but a lot of the time I may just forget, so if I don't get back to you, don't feel bad.  

nitnit
Captain

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:36 pm
I doubt anyone can top EFG's amazing speach, so I'm not even going to try.

Tyhoon: 19/m/Purgatory, Limbo, the Void, whichever you prefer.
Interests: Video games and books, but mostly video games.
Hobbies: Muay Thai, Kendo, Nunchaku Katas (not in a class), studying, and the vidya.  

Tyhoon

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:48 pm
I'm Phoenix, or Jordan, I'm 13, and I'm obsessed with Pokemon and Brawl. Thats pretty much all you'll need to know  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:07 pm
Quote:
I doubt anyone can top EFG's amazing speach, so I'm not even going to try.

Quote:
BAM! TO BEHOLD, A PUBLIC BULLETIN BOARD, BUILT OF BOTH BRILLIANCE AND BARBARITY BY BASTARDS WITH BONERS. THIS BASTION, NO MERE BULWARK OF BOREDOM, IS A BRUTAL BARRAGE OF BLISTERING BULLSHIT, BARELY BENEVOLENT... BUT BEHIND THE BIGOTRY AND BOOBS, BEYOND THE BITTER BROADCASTS OF BRAGGING BUFFOONS: HERE BE THE BODY POLITIC. A BROTHERHOOD OF BLASPHEMY, BLESSED WITH MORE BALLS THAN BRAINS, BATTLING THE BLAND, THE BOGUS, THE BENIGN. BEDLAM? BRING IT ON. BUT I BABBLE... BETTER TO BE BRIEF.

YOU MAY CALL ME /B/

Shigeru the Hero

Moyayuki

6,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:38 pm
User ImageHello, I'm Moyayuki, and I was recently invited to the guild. I am definitely a gamer, though not a "hard-core" one. Games I enjoy are: Halo 1/2/3, Zelda: Wind Waker, Pokemon Silver, God, Ruby, and Firered, Okami, Star Wars: KotOR, SW: Battlefront 1/2, Super Smash Brothers Melee, and others.

Anyway, I hope to get acquainted with this guild!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:42 pm
You can call me Neph.

I try and play every game I can, though there are some I can't stand (IE Sports Games for the most part). I consider myself a bit "hardcore" at times, but I'm generally easy to get along with.

Likes: Good chats, making people happy (WITHOUT GIVING THEM GOLD)
Dislikes: Stupidity, people that don't admit when they're wrong.  

Nephilimalch

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:43 pm
Welcome to the guild!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:04 am
I am Aaron, and this is a nice looking guild.  

AaronTheGreat

x_Dragonsong_x

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:04 am
Hey, the name is JT...and I'm a gamer. I play games...I don't know what to say since this is a black day for me, don't ask why.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:17 am
hey kero-of-ice or kero is better Im 17 a leo and i like long walks along the beach and..... xp I kid about the beach part but im a gamer with some skills i occasionlly post but I lurk in the shadows of the guild more often twisted Anyways..yeah i would say my brawl skills are way better than the poket monster battlin skills

Brawl:4468-0675-1062
PKMN:-ill come back emo  

I Kero I

Sparkly Sex Symbol

9,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Ultimate Player 200

Guardian Eevee X

5,250 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:58 pm
Hey everyone, Im WolfveeX0001, Big Time Brawler and Stage Builder Extrodinaire! Im also a good artist and storyteller...I was invited to join this guild by nitnit so either someone recomended me or nitnit did, either way, Thank you for letting me join! whee  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:37 pm
Hello everybody. I'm rainuken, but you can call me rai if you want. I'm a 17 year old gamer/procrastinator that was invited to join the guild. Currently I do not own any of the current generation consoles, but that doesn't mean that I haven't played any new games. Aside from that, I collect older games.

Favorite games: Okami, all Smash Bros. games, Twilight Princess, Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Bloody Roar, Tekken, Street Fighter...the list of fighting games goes on and on.  

rainuken

The Real Buddy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:49 pm
Hi, i'm a hard-core gamer, been gaming since I can remember booting up the old C64, I currentally have all the current gen systems, and most of the older as well, I am well rounded in all game types, with the exception that I do not play most sport titles, I am a bigger fan of rhythm and offbeat style games, And my gaming also extends into tabletop RPGs and into board games, if anyone cares to hit me up on any of the game systems, hit me up with a PM and i'll divulge my info, You can also call me TRB or Buddy for short.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff