Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you guys think? Will you buy the book?
This sounds awesome! I will definitely buy the book!
56%
 56%  [ 9 ]
This sounds awesome, but I'm just going to read the book online.
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
This sounds OK. I'll probably just read the online version, though.
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
This sounds lame. I might read the online version, but I probably won't buy the book.
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
This sounds lame. I'm not going to buy the book or read it online.
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

Glitterbean

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:04 am
For those of you who haven't heard yet, Stephenie is publishing a 200-page book on Bree's life as a newborn vampire. You can see Stephenie's explanation on her website:

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/

Personally, I'm excited. I'm excited that apparently Stephenie has not abandoned work on the Official Guide, but I'm also excited about this book itself. It should be interesting. I'm curious as to how Stephenie will handle the ending. As we can tell from BD, Stephenie really doesn't like writing unhappy endings. But in this case, she has no choice. I wonder how she'll handle this.

What do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:22 am
I'm not sure. I might read the online version and tell my mom but I doubt I'll buy the book. I'm not really sure because really I think Stephenie needs to step away from her vampires. To me this sounds just like Midnight Sun except it's getting published. Basically she's playing around with different vampires. If she's going to go into Bree then I'd like to see her go into more on some of the other vampires.  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:18 am
I doubt if I'll even read the online version. I never felt like I needed more from the newborns' standpoint. I also don't feel like I need anymore from the Twilight series unless it erases what happened in Breaking Dawn.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:52 pm
I agree I never felt like I needed more from the newborns' viewpoint, but if it's there, I think it will be interesting to read.

And in a way, it is like Midnight Sun. And while I too would like her to go into other vampires instead, this does seem at least a little interesting.

Personally, I think that if she's not going to do stories on any of the Cullens, she should get away from Washington, but not necessarily her vampires as a whole. There have to be interesting stories from other parts of the vampire world. Now that Edward and Bella's is over, I'd like to read some of those.  

Glitterbean

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:07 pm
Glitterbean
I agree I never felt like I needed more from the newborns' viewpoint, but if it's there, I think it will be interesting to read.

And in a way, it is like Midnight Sun. And while I too would like her to go into other vampires instead, this does seem at least a little interesting.

Personally, I think that if she's not going to do stories on any of the Cullens, she should get away from Washington, but not necessarily her vampires as a whole. There have to be interesting stories from other parts of the vampire world. Now that Edward and Bella's is over, I'd like to read some of those.

I'd like one on the Volturi personally. Or Garret. Possibly the Egyptian Coven. Those would be some interesting stories. Besides she's practically contradicting herself again in a way. She said New Borns think of nothing but blood but if that's all we got out of Bree that would be a waste. I mean she seemed to be like the other newborns except she snapped out of her blood daze to plead for her life.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:33 pm
Queen-of-the-Rogue
Glitterbean

I'd like one on the Volturi personally. Or Garret. Possibly the Egyptian Coven. Those would be some interesting stories. Besides she's practically contradicting herself again in a way. She said New Borns think of nothing but blood but if that's all we got out of Bree that would be a waste. I mean she seemed to be like the other newborns except she snapped out of her blood daze to plead for her life.

Wow, you're right. I hadn't thought of that (that the only thing Bree should be thinking about is blood). Maybe she'll explain in the book the reason for the contradiction...but otherwise, yeah, I guess that's a pretty major flaw. sad

And yeah, I would love one on the Volturi. Not only the backgrounds of the people, but also how they interact when they're not "working." What do they do when there aren't any threats to put down? Just sit around the castle? I'd like to know more about that. Also, yeah, Garrett or the Egyptian coven would be good. Even the Denali coven. We know their basic story, but there's got to be a lot more to it than what we know.  

Glitterbean

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:39 pm
Glitterbean
Queen-of-the-Rogue
Glitterbean

Wow, you're right. I hadn't thought of that (that the only thing Bree should be thinking about is blood). Maybe she'll explain in the book the reason for the contradiction...but otherwise, yeah, I guess that's a pretty major flaw. sad

And yeah, I would love one on the Volturi. Not only the backgrounds of the people, but also how they interact when they're not "working." What do they do when there aren't any threats to put down? Just sit around the castle? I'd like to know more about that. Also, yeah, Garrett or the Egyptian coven would be good. Even the Denali coven. We know their basic story, but there's got to be a lot more to it than what we know.

Yes and the human baby turned Vampire that their mother created. That would be a very interesting story as well. Bree isn't who I would have chosen but maybe that means there's hope for some other stories.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:08 pm
Hmm interesting idea... I mean it worked for Anne Rice but if the writing and concepts arn't origonal or different it's going to be a flop. I'll check it out but I don't know if I'll buy it unless I come across it at Half priced books. ^ ^

and as for thinking about all but blood... Bella didn't so it's possible that the urge may be different in others. Still I really hope she avoids the tackiness and comes up with something new and fresh otherwise I'm not going to care. Twilight is already over done. I love Vampire novels, and they can be done in so many different ways but I'll be sad if it's just a thrown up version of Midnight Sun since she didn't publish it.

I have a feeling thats just what it's going to be though, she didn't want that work to go to waste and all the crazy little fan girls will buy it on sight just cause it has her name on it and vampires. Quick and easy money. Value pry not too much.  

Aradia Helevorn

CrashGrunny20

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:18 am
I heard Midnight Sun was not going to pubish, because some lady took over Stepien Myers work and she had pubish it. she couldnt wait for Myers to finsh writing it, so she finsh it for her.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:21 am
CrashGrunny20
I heard Midnight Sun was not going to pubish, because some lady took over Stepien Myers work and she had pubish it. she couldnt wait for Myers to finsh writing it, so she finsh it for her.
First of all, old news that she's not publishing it. Second, bullshit that someone finished it for her.  

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

CrashGrunny20

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:45 am
The Kraken
CrashGrunny20
First of all, old news that she's not publishing it. Second, bullshit that someone finished it for her.

I wish that this wouldnt happened. but that is the past.
anyway i think this Bree short story is ok it mite be better but i perfer Midnight Moon.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:48 am
CrashGrunny20
The Kraken
CrashGrunny20

anyway i think this Bree short story is ok it mite be better but i perfer Midnight Moon.

You mean Midnight Sun deary. Also no someone didn't take over writing Midnight Sun because those books are Meyer's if anyone else wrote using those characters and situations it would be a violation of a copyright law more than likely and we'd have heard about it. Where did you hear that someone else wrote it?  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Glitterbean

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:40 pm
Aradia Helevorn
Hmm interesting idea... I mean it worked for Anne Rice but if the writing and concepts arn't origonal or different it's going to be a flop. I'll check it out but I don't know if I'll buy it unless I come across it at Half priced books. ^ ^

and as for thinking about all but blood... Bella didn't so it's possible that the urge may be different in others. Still I really hope she avoids the tackiness and comes up with something new and fresh otherwise I'm not going to care. Twilight is already over done. I love Vampire novels, and they can be done in so many different ways but I'll be sad if it's just a thrown up version of Midnight Sun since she didn't publish it.

I have a feeling thats just what it's going to be though, she didn't want that work to go to waste and all the crazy little fan girls will buy it on sight just cause it has her name on it and vampires. Quick and easy money. Value pry not too much.

I think she's aware that it's going to look like a money-making move. That's why, if you look on her website, it says that the story will be available online for free for about a month, and some of the money that comes from people who buy the book anyway will go to charity. That's really nice of her, I think. Still, there's no doubt that she will make lots of money off of it. Only money from the first 1.5 million books goes to charity, and the book won't be online forever. After that, people will have to buy it to read it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "thrown up version of Midnight Sun" and "she didn't want that work to go to waste." This isn't MS at all, it's a completely different story. It's not like she's trying to paraphrase MS and call it something different. From what I understand, this books will be almost exclusively about life in Seattle. Bella and Edward's story will probably be only mentioned.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:16 pm
Queen-of-the-Rogue
CrashGrunny20
The Kraken
CrashGrunny20

You mean Midnight Sun deary. Also no someone didn't take over writing Midnight Sun because those books are Meyer's if anyone else wrote using those characters and situations it would be a violation of a copyright law more than likely and we'd have heard about it. Where did you hear that someone else wrote it?

I heard from a couple of friends that are twilight fans as me. But i don't know if it is true. here is a link
Midnight Sun

Edited: I think people are making different storie what going on with Midnight Sun.  

CrashGrunny20

SOM3BODii TOLD M3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:24 pm
i like Steph's writing so i think i'll enjoy it.
Like, the Host was freaking awesome so i have no doute this won't be a good book  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff