Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Xena Guild

Back to Guilds

In a time of ancient gods, warlords, and kings, a land in turmoil cried out for a hero. She was Xena, a mighty princess... 

Tags: Xena, warrior, princess, Gabrielle, Lawless 

Reply The Xena Guild
How did u get into Xena/Herc? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

100%
 100%  [ 48 ]
Total Votes : 48

[Mr. Moo]
Captain

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:47 pm
Hello everyone. Edd asked this question to someone in one of the threads. I thought it was a great question! "How did you get into Xena and or Hercules."

I got into Xena when I was little. My mom used to watch the show every week it came on. I started watching it with her. Then I fell in love with Gabrielle. (I became all obsessed... anyways) I didnt watch it as much then as I wish I could because they didnt have TiVo, but I used to watch it a lot. I missed most of the seasons. I then watched Xena after it ended. I watched diffirents episodes throughout the seasons. Then it dissapeared and I couldnt find it on TV. So I just waited, and it appeared on Oxygen at the end of last year. I watched every episode except for 2 or so of them during that time. It stopped at the end of season 5 and started over. So that is how I became a Xenaholic. Oh and so I Kinda dont remember much of season 6 except for the last 2 episodes.

I havent really seen to many episodes of Hercules, but obviously I watched a few of them because of Xena.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:07 am
I got into it, in Florida, in a hotel. I just started flipping through the channels, and saw an interesting show. I kept watching, and I liked it. So then, I just checked the show name, and I tried to watch Xena every time I could. 3nodding  

Eddboy

Demonaruto_kun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:48 pm
i got into it when my sister watched it in Georgia it was one if the only channels we had i stayed up the longest i've ever stayed up for it too especially when they had a Xena marathon i watched it so much i sware i saw scantally clad weman in leather every time i closed my eyes  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:53 pm
lol, good stories guys  

[Mr. Moo]
Captain

Dapper Explorer

DayhawK68

Romantic Hunter

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:29 pm
My mom actually... Yeah she's like one day just watching it and then BAM! I'm a Xena nerd @ the age of 6 and have been eversince. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:59 pm
I was on holiday in Greece and Xena was on the telly...Forgot about it then searching the internet for a song i came across a Xena fan vid and I was like o.m.g! It's the woman from holiday that like totally kicked Butt.
Then for X-mas i got series 5 and 6...should have started with 1 but oh well and I've just orderd it off amazon lol.  

sinsofpast

lovelyboredom

4,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:23 pm
I don't remember. I just kinda started watching them both *shrugs*
I do owe my first conversation with my best friend to xena. *nods*  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:14 pm
my mom really ... all though when I was younger she wouldn't let me watch Casper the movie with Christina Ricci, or the simpsons. .... Ha, but shows like Remmington Steele... and that one vampire cop show.. can't remember the name for the life of me tho...
I think I watched Hercules first, then Xena, I love Gabrielle and Callisto. And I like Hercules's friend... uhmmm Iolas? hmmm.. Ha... and I will admit, I liked Hera from hercles.... Damn that stepmother of his! I like peacokcs.. she reminds me of one.  

Dread Pirate Bubbles

MissCharmed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:09 am
It started all a long time ago when I was really young. I think I started watching Hercules before Xena but once I saw Xena I was immediatly hooked but I still watched Herc.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:25 am
I hate when I get addicted to stuff like T.V, video games, computer. Stuff like that. Same thing happened to me with Xena.  

Eddboy

xxsapphire

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:59 am
I always thought it was lame. But I got kicked out of school and I was home alone for awhile and Oxygen was playing reruns. There was nothing else on, so I put it on. I still remember the first episode I saw was "Blind Faith" (Xena). I fell in love with it then. So I never watched it while it was on the air, but whatever. I only like some Hercules episodes, for the most part the special effects blow so bad it makes me want to cry.  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:17 pm
I started watching it when it first came out. I was so excited that something like this had come to television. And I knew when I saw it for the first time that I was hooked.

This interest goes way back for me. When I was in the 3rd-4th grade I fell in love with Edith Hamiltons book of mythology. So I have been big into greek myth for a rather long time.

Even my name is in greek myth.

Heres another kick. Sometimes I wonder if I lived a past life in ancient greece. Not only is my first name in greek myth, but my last name has the term "hunt" in it, which is related to one of my favorite goddesses Artemis. And just recently I found out my first name was also a term for a priestess of Artemis. Therefore relating back to my last name. Before I learned about the priestess term, I have had dreams or visions, some of which where I was a preistess in one of the tempeles.

Weird...  

Queen Of Tartarus

Aceana V

Quotable Autobiographer

9,325 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:00 pm
Second grade, I watched it everyday. I didn't get any of it, but I wanted to be like Xena. Strong, independent. I actually bought a book they sold about the show, and at recess I'd sit by the swings trying to read it. Mind you I wasn't the most popular kid.  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:09 am
I was about 5! I sat down one day and put on the TV! All ofa sudden POW!! Xena warrior Princess lol I just got into it after that, I used to pretend I was Gabriel, and xena! My cousin watched it aswell so we used to play it all the time! It was fun! ....*sighs* The old days!  

Youcantfindmenow

Princessah
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:24 am
Quote:
Then I fell in love with Gabrielle. (I became all obsessed... anyways)

That's funny. My son was oh 7 when the show went off the air. SO he basically watched since he was old enough too and he LOVED Gabby. He even named his cat after her lol
Now he doesnt remember any of them though so he is enjoying watching them again with me.  
The Xena Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff