Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:45 pm
A place for me to make announcements and for people to discuss things.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:48 pm
Would you like me to Announcement/Sticky/Lock any threads?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:59 pm
Could you sticky the main thread please? Thanks!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:52 pm
PupSage

I Drink Blue Moon

Onlin3 Gam3r

Could you please post in here what the exact alignments are for your characters and what languages they speak as the stat block you gave me from the character builder does not include them.

I would also like some more detailed descriptions of your character's size weight and physical appearance so I know how certain people will react to them.  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:30 pm
Languages:
Dwarven, Common

Deity:
Balinor

Alignment:
Unaligned (Playing as CN)

Height:
7'8

Weight:
310 lbs  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:34 pm
Alignment: LG
God: Bahamut
Height: Didn't fill it out, we'll say 6'2
Weight: 240
Languages: Common, Draconic
Other: Has wings due to Kapak lineage and low light vision.  

Onlin3 Gam3r

Dapper Noob

2,675 Points
  • Married 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Member 100

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:39 pm
Alignment: Unaligned (LN with evil tendencies)
God: Oghma
Height: 6'2
Weight: 225
Languages: Common, Primordial  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:55 pm
I Drink Blue Moon

All right, but keep in mind I do not allow evil characters, which includes characters that are ostensibly neutral then act out evilly. The player characters are suppose to be heroes, and evil acts will not be tolerated in my campaigns.  

Kowsauni
Crew

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:57 pm
Kowsauni
I Drink Blue Moon

All right, but keep in mind I do not allow evil characters, which includes characters that are ostensibly neutral then act out evilly. The player characters are suppose to be heroes, and evil acts will not be tolerated in my campaigns.

I promise to only be as evil as an entitled noble with magic powers. I.E. I am going to be a d**k, but not actively seek harm on anyone that doesn't deserve it.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:46 pm
The only way, in character, I can think to keep him inline... is to tie him up and carry him around in a big bag. lol  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:51 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
The only way, in character, I can think to keep him inline... is to tie him up and carry him around in a big bag. lol

I'm working on a post (and a diplomacy check!) right now, but I strongly encourage everyone else to consider SCN's idea as 'Plan B'.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:35 pm
PupSage

If you have a post that is entirely out of character please post it in this thread. Also, wanted to point out you cant do an athletics check to push through an enemy square. You could attempt a bull rush to move them but that's a different story.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:55 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
Confused on what was going on, and no seeing a way he could help or one to cause damage...

"Thork need drink"

Okay, Thork is my new favorite character.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:44 pm
Rain Yupa

Southern Cross Nemesis

PupSage

I Drink Blue Moon

Onlin3 Gam3r

All right, I feel like I need to warn you guys that you're about to go down a bad path. Rolling an intimidate on the person who decides whether you get to go into town or not is a bad idea. Now, Onlin3 Gam3r, if you would like, I can let you retract that intimidate check and edit your post, hopefully to be less insulting as well. Otherwise, I'll let it stand and we'll continue down the bad path you guys are currently on.

Also, this campaign relies very heavily on talking to people. If players can't talk with at least basic decency to NPCs, the one-shot will be difficult to impossible to complete. If this seems unacceptable for the character you're playing, I would suggest you change characters and I would approve it.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:45 am
In my fellow players' defense, I don't think rolling intimidate against the town guardian is necessarily a bad thing for someone Unaligned, and sometimes even still viable for regular Good-aligned. It might even be a completely valid tactic under certain circumstances - Intimidate is useful than simply making an enemy surrender when below 50% health in combat, after all.

However, rolling intimidate against the person who just summoned two TREANTS is a completely different story, and bound to convince some of your fellow party members to "sit this one out", less we incur treanty wrath. EDIT: Though upon re-reading, looks like there was no actual cause to roll intimidate against Poa, since it was more of a matter-of-factly insulting than anything. Simply erasing the second roll looks like it would suffice, as long as you're okay with her having a negative impression of you.

I don't think we've officially been 'hired' yet, so my vote is to be on our best behavior until we see Councilman Redford, and once he gives us permission to investigate, then we can come back and jack the incredibly sketchy Poa against a wall to our leisure.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff