Submit

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:36 pm
This is an rp between AiRozu-chan and Katze Allemon-Schatten. You can read if you like (I guess), but please no posting.

The Cast

Lori : Paragon
Hero Name: Paragon
Real Name Public or Secret: Both
Likes: making people smile (this includes helping out in whatever way he can, and working hard to make things right), long walks through quiet places (forest, park, whatever) at night, prog metal, and early fantasy novels
Dislikes: the standard "things heroes don't like" such as bullying and discrimination and such, (hot) spicy food, actually having to fight villains, and war movies
Personality: He is selfless, brave, honest, kind, humble, and always has a smile to give. He makes it his mission to make sure that everyone is taken care of and happy. Despite how seemingly gregarious he is, when one thinks back later, one can never recall him saying much of anything about himself. He keeps his personal life and past very private, but everything else is an open book.
Bio: Very little is known about him from before he became a superhero. He was one of the first real-live superheroes, though many others followed after him. He came to prominence when he saved all of the residents of a high-rise apartment complex, roughly fifty people. Pulling the last one out just as the building collapsed. All the while he had been smiling, making it look easy so that people would feel safer. When they flocked to thank him, he gave the credit to the fire department for working so diligently to put the flames out. Since then he is always on the scene when someone calls for help, no matter how big or small the task before him, and he is always smiling.
Charlie knows a little more about him, though not much. He knows Paragon's real name, so he knows that he is of Irish and German heritage. Lori's mother is still alive, and she is of German heritage. Charlie has never met or heard anything about Lori's father. There are no siblings that he is aware of. He knows that Lori came into his powers when he was about fourteen, but that he trained very hard both with and without his powers in order to be the best hero he possibly could be.

Powers: He is basically the paragon archetype when it comes to superheroes. He has super strength, dexterity, and stamina. The actual logic behind it is more complex, but that is how he sums it up.
Weaknesses: that's not for you to know.
Other: He is bilingual, he speaks English (native) and German (northern), but he also speaks smatterings of Gaelic. He is a decent guitarist and has a nice voice suited for the symphonic metal genre (think Orden Ogan).
**Suit Description: He goes full stereotypical, but with some practical modifications. The suit is actually in two pieces (top and bottom) just so he can sacrifice one part and not the other. It's deep green with a golden star in the middle of the chest. He has shin-high black boots with gold trim, black gloves with gold trim, and an orange-brown belt with golden buckle. Sometimes he has a green and black cape with a golden star on it, but it sometimes is more hassle than it is worth. He does not use a mask, as he does not hide his identity that thoroughly.
Looks:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

(also this one, just more muscled):

Charlie : Shadow
Name: Charles (Charlie) Chambers
Hero Name: Shadow
Personality: sweet, naive, eager to learn, eager to please, loyal, self-less, always trying to push himself over the limit, very intelligent when it comes to his abilities and what he can do, always willing to help
Likes: books, walks at night, fighting crime, cooking, being warm
Dislikes: really sunny days, claustrophobic, criminals, getting up in the morning (he's a night owl)
Powers: Shadow manipulation, abnormal agility and speed, levitation
Weaknesses: too much light. It drains his powers and there's not really any shadows to manipulate. His shadows can't lift anything heavier than a semi truck and even then it's difficult. A lot of his abilities takes a lot of concentration.
Bio: He doesn't remember his parents, for he was put in a foster care at a young age. It was an okay home life, nothing too unnerving. But he did move out almost immediately when his hero had asked him to move in after he was chosen to be his side kick. He's lived with his hero ever since then, growing up and fighting by his side.
Outfit: A black full-body tight suit, knee high black boots, a plain black mask, black gloves, and a utility belt full of little odds and ends to help him with things he can't do on his own. It's made to keep him limber and light.
Other: He has a scarred up back: two long scars that intersect in a sloppy X, and a bunch of circular burns on his right shoulder blade. He can't remember where they're from.
Looks:

User Image

The Synopsis

Ever since Charlie was a child, he had always wanted to be a super hero. He would watch them on the news, fighting crime and saving people. His dreams were especially met when he hit puberty, and he developed super powers. Unfortunately, he was still too young and immature at the age of 13 to become one himself, so he compromised. By becoming a sidekick to one of the most well-known super heroes Paragon. They worked side by side with one another for years....
So long, in fact, that Charlie found himself falling in love with the hero. Lori was always so kind, heroic, and self less, he found himself falling hard. He confessed himself a long time ago, but the hero's concern of the age difference and the fact that he raised him made him say that it was a joke. Now, years later, Aspen is turning 18. He wants to finally confess his feelings to him, for real this time. He's not sure what to expect, but he knows that he can't handle it anymore.
But there's always more risks than just the possibility of being rejected....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:29 pm
Katze Allemon-Schatten
ooc:

User Image

❤I know your insides are feeling so hollow
And it's a hard pill for you to swallow, yeah
But if I fall for you, I'll never recover
If I fall for you, I'll never be the same
I really wanna love somebody
I really wanna dance the night away
I know we're only half way there
But you can take me all the way, if you take me all the way
I really wanna touch somebody
I think about you every single day
But you can take me all the way, you can take me all the way
You're such a hard act for me to follow
Love me today don't leave me tomorrow, yeah❤

╔══════════════╗
☪harlie ☪hambers
╚══════════════╝

Charlie was in his bed, his eyes dry and trying to close, but all and all making no actual attempts to sleep. He started hearing birds a good hour ago, and was coming to terms with the fact that he was only going to get those two hours of sleep. Not only that, his stomach was churning like crazy, anxious for the upcoming day.
Tomorrow was his birthday. He'd be a full grown adult. He'd be allowed to vote, to go to clubs and older concerts, and even enlist if he wanted to. But that wasn't what made him nervous out of his mind. What really made his anxiety heighten was the fact that he was planning on telling Lori how he felt tomorrow. The feelings that had been festering like a rash for as long as he could remember meeting Lori.
That he was in love with him.
Of course, he had already confessed his feeling when he was sixteen. That was a night he remembered well. Shot down by his hero, by not only the giant age gap, but the fact that Lori had practically raised him his entire adolescent life. At least those were the reasons given. He had no idea if the both of them being men had to do with anything. He wasn't sure about the male's sexuality, but Charlie honestly didn't give a s**t. He, of course, played it off as a joke as soon as he was reject. "Just kidding. Could you imagine?" He had said with a laugh, playing it off. It hurt, but that was all he could do. Now, he'll be 18. An adult. Legal age, and an age where age gaps rarely mattered. No one asked or even cared.
Charlie slowly levitated out of bed, deciding that it was time to get up. Plus,
he was kind of hungry. He floated out of his room, his feet dragging the floor as he stayed silent, not wanting to wake Lori. He was a bit cold, he realized,
only sleeping in a pair of PJ shorts and one of Lori's ripped up Ts. (He'd never admit that he wore it almost every night). With a lazy wisp of his fingers,
the blanket off of the couch was picked up by the lamp's morphing shadow,
and placed around his shoulders. With a few more lazy movements of his hand, the shadows of the room closed all the curtains to keep out the rising sun, and started making him a bowl of cereal (Oreo O's, which he was super pumped to see was making a come back last time they went grocery shopping).
His mind started wandering again to Lori. God, he didn't even know what he was going to say to him. "Hey Lori! I've been in love you my whole life! And now that I'm a full adult, love me, maybe?" Yeah, right. Everything he thought of was so lame. He didn't even know when he even planned to pour his heart out to him. Or what would happen afterwards. He wouldn't run away this time, he knew, and was terrified of it ruining their relationship. God, what if he was rejected? What if Lori rejected him and started acting weird around him? Or worse, kicked him out and fired him as his side kick? He didn't know what he'd do without him. Where would he go? Who could he talk to?
He was becoming more and more anxious the more he thought about it, but these thoughts and feelings have been eating him alive for years, and even more the last week. What if all Lori would ever see in him is his little boy side kick? He didn't want that. He thought he'd be fine with that life style after being rejected the first time, but now he knew he couldn't. He couldn't live like this anymore.
He ate his cereal quietly, his thoughts running rapid with these thoughts. He thought they were going to tear him apart. He started contemplating taking some NyQuil and going back to bed....

❤But if I fall for you, I'll never recover
But take me all the way, if you can take me all the way
But you can take me all the way, if you can take me all the way
I don't know where to start, I'm just a little lost
I wanna feel like we're never gonna ever stop
I don't know what to do, I'm right in front of you
Asking you to stay, you should stay, stay with me tonight, yeah❤

SkeletonFiesta

Business Businesswoman

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:45 pm
AiRozu-chan

"I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
I'm just out to find
The better part of me"

LoriParagon

It was already past dawn, but he was loathe to rise, even if he was a morning person by nature. Almost a week ago now they had been in a fight with a villain called Bullet who could reach super speeds and crash into things without much damage to himself. They had managed to catch the man, with Paragon acting as an upfront distraction while Shadow's shadows worked at grabbing and tripping the man, but not before Bullet had gotten in some good hits on him. He had pumped up his strength, knowing there was no way he could move fast enough to dodge Bullet, but not even that had been enough. A few of those punches had hit hard, and even though he kept smiling and fighting, not-so-deep down he was hurting bad. The pain he felt from moving and breathing told him he had probably done some damage to his ribs, and a late night visit to his undercover doctor confirmed his suspicions. The damage was all on the right side, fortunately, but he had one broken rib and three cracked ones. When he was younger, a day's time would have been enough for him to feel fine, with an additional day for everything to heal up. Those days were long gone. Now he was still in pain even after five days, and it would probably take two or three weeks to heal.

The doctor was familiar with this slow down, and had slipped him some pain medication. It wasn't a full dosage, but it was what he could get his hands on. Neither of them knew why this change was occurring, unless it really was just age, but then again neither of them were actually doctors. The man was actually the local coroner, but he had sufficient medical knowledge, and he had little qualms about doing quick patch-up jobs when Lori didn't want the media to get involved. Sometimes he felt guilty about it, but he would have felt worse if the world knew what was going on with him, if Charlie knew what was happening, that there would soon come a day when he couldn't be a superhero anymore, that even now he couldn't do all of the things that he once had.

He gave up on the moping and forced himself to get up, using only his left side to propel him. It still hurt a little, but it was tolerable. He was only wearing pajama pants and an undershirt, but that should be good enough, if Charlie was even awake he would probably have it so dark no one could see. Made sense to keep things dark if you could control shadows, but for him it just meant that he ran into things often. But he couldn't complain, he had been known to ask Charlie to ask the shadows to get stuff for him, or get Charlie to levitate so he could change a lightbulb. That was the point of powers, using them to help people out, even if the help needed was minor things.

He managed to make his way into the kitchen without running into anything, though there had been more close calls than he would care to admit. He could see Charlie was up already, having breakfast and presumably about ready to start the day. "You are up earlier than I would have thought. Everything alright?" He was working on fixing his own breakfast, so not looking directly at Charlie, but still listening. Normally he would have actually cooked something, but he didn't quite feel that awake yet, or at least not quite that willing to put in so much effort. He settled with cereal as well. "You aren't anxious about your birthday, are you?" he asked as he sat down across from Charlie.

"It may sound absurd, but don't be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed, but won't you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
And it's not easy to be me

Up, up and away, away from me
Well, it's all right, you can all sleep sound tonight
I'm not crazy
Or anything

I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
Men weren't meant to ride
With clouds between their knees"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:24 pm
Katze Allemon-Schatten
ooc: Hello~! I had a job interview and then proceeded to sleep all day! Lmao

User Image

╔══════════════╗
☪harlie ☪hambers
╚══════════════╝

Charlie was lost in thought, his head resting against his fist. He had given up on using his hands to eat a bit ago, and instead was lazily using a shadow to feed himself. He was honestly a nervous wreck at the moment, his mind racing with mostly negative thoughts. What would he do if Lori found him weird, or gross? What if Lori didn't want him around anymore? What if-
He wasn't paying any attention, so Lori's voice startled him. His spoonful of cereal flipped in surprise, milk and Oreo O's flying at Lori, and spilling on his chest. "Oh! Lori! I'-I'm sorry I didn't-" He stuttered out, shadows moving over to a lamp nearby and turning it on so the two could actually see. True, Charlie couldn't see in the dark, but if he put a lot of concentration in, he could feel movement in the shadows around him. This was not one of those times.
He got up and grabbed a handful of napkins, moving over to the hero and trying to help him clean all the milk out. "Uhg, that's so gross. I'm sorry," he said again, frowning as he was basically just haphazardly dabbing a wad of napkins on the other's shirt.
At his question, however, he mustered up a smile. "Huh? Why would I be anxious?" He asked, trying to play it off. However, the dark circles around his eyes really gave him away. Something was definitely wrong. And Lori was right on the mark. "I'm just turning 18. No big difference. Just another year," he said, a bit nervously.
Something else he's thought of lately, was how he's been Lori's sidekick for five years. But that was when he was still considered a child. At what point was he no longer considered a side kick? At what point does he become his own hero? And what would happen when he's finally old enough, or strong enough to be on his own? He was terrified that Lori would have to push him out of the nest sometime soon. But what if Charlie wasn't ready to fly? He felt so sick.

SkeletonFiesta

Business Businesswoman

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:03 pm
AiRozu-chan
OOC: I hear you got the job, so yay!
"I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
I'm just out to find
The better part of me"

LoriParagon

He flinched slightly when the coldness of the milk hit his chest. He hadn't intended on startling the kid, but then in the dark he hadn't been able to see whether or not he was distracted. "It's fine, don't worry about it. Glad to know I'm not the only one who can't see in the dark." He was smiling, not his normal big grin that he saved for public appearances, but a smaller more honest smile. Still, it was masking the fact that it hurt having pressure put on his chest.

Charlie was too quick dismissing the idea that he wasn't anxious about his birthday. Was he nervous about how their team would evolve? What did he suspect and what did he hope for? "It isn't just another year, you are turning eighteen, a legal adult with all that entails. I know you probably already feel like an adult, what with all of the battles and saving people, but I guess there is still something to be said for legally becoming an adult, right?" He hoped he was doing the right thing. It seemed like the right thing, but one never knew until it was hindsight.

"Here, let me just take it off and wash it in the sink, that should be easier, no?" He stripped out of his shirt as if it was nothing, but for anyone who wasn't used to seeing his body, it was a sight to behold. Ripped was an understatement, he had muscles for miles, but not ridiculously big and bulky ones like a bodybuilder, he was lean, but had so much lean muscle stacked on top of each other that it made him look huge. That was without using his power to increase his strength. If one could tear their eyes away from his outline, they would also notice all of the scars. He didn't have any regeneration or a magical healing factor. The accelerated healing he had experienced before was just his body forcing itself to work overtime, syphoning its energy out of superfluous functioning and into rebuilding itself. So even if he could heal from an injury in a tenth of the time, it still left scars.

I'm not crazy
Or anything

I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:41 pm
Katze Allemon-Schatten
ooc: Yes! I now work at my favorite restaurant that I've loved sense middle school! I'm super stoked!

User Image

╔══════════════╗
☪harlie ☪hambers
╚══════════════╝

Charlie loved little things about Lori. One of his favorites, was Lori's smile. His real smile. The one he only used with familiarity. Charlie gave him one back, looking up at his hero. "Well, I guess," he said, shrugging his shoulders as the other tried to cheer him up. It did kind of help. It seemed like Lori was fully aware of him getting older, and maybe that'd help when tomorrow came? "What do you think? Should I be...excited?" He asked, wondering what the other's take was on it. What was his plans?
His eyes widened a bit when Lori just decided to strip, his face getting warm. True, this was absolutely not the first. Charlie could probably name every freckle and every scar that was littering the other. He didn't know the stories, but he knew them all.
Charlie was built way different. He was a short boy, about 5'6", and incredibly light. He was build more on the skinny side, his body more meant for stamina and agility than strength. He was limber, and easy to fit in places other's couldn't, although, his intense claustrophobia really made that difficult at times. He never really needed muscle, his shadows lifting what he couldn't lift-to a degree-and hitting harder than he ever could. He honestly looked like an easy target. Like a regular kid.
He realized he was staring and looked away, a light pink to his cheeks. It wasn't like seeing Lori like this was new, but it was still incredible. He ate another bite of cereal, his free hand holding the bottom of his t-shirt and pulling it down past his shorts to his knees.

SkeletonFiesta

Business Businesswoman

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:07 am
AiRozu-chan
Cool! Also, here's a link to the character mine is based off of (power effect and some personality)

"I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
I'm just out to find
The better part of me"

LoriParagon

"I admit, I was sort of scared when I turned eighteen, but that was because the Gulf War had only ended two years before." God that made him feel old. Charlie wasn't even old enough to remember the 20th century, but he was just barely young enough to avoid being drafted into its last war. "But they haven't used the draft since Vietnam, so there isn't really a point in worrying about that. I don't know, I think it is exciting. You've been working hard to protect this city, this country at large, soon you will be able to have even more influence in its direction." That probably made him sound old too, that or a young clueless optimist. He knew which he would rather be. "Are you hoping that things change when you become an adult, or would you rather them stay the same? Both options are definitely viable." He hoped this sounded like more of a general question, like "are you looking forward to the responsibilities and the rewards, or would you rather have a little more of a childhood. Because I know being a hero takes away a lot of your ability to be a kid." But that would sound overly verbose. And of course, that wasn't exactly why he had asked the question. If Charlie was looking forward to enter the next stage, it would make things easier on him. But if he wasn't, he could hold out a little longer he supposed.

He finished washing out the spot, and hung the shirt on the back of a chair to dry. The apartment was rather plain and modest for belonging to a superhero, but it made him seem like a normal person, which was great for cover. Even though he could have afforded something better, he chose not to. For that matter, a good portion of his income went to charities, along with some other causes. He grabbed his cereal again and sat down. The chair looked barely sturdy enough to hold him, though most things looked kind of small near him. He was only about 6'5", but he was solidly built and large-boned, which when the muscles were added in, made him a rather big guy. With his powers, it often made him bigger, and sometimes even taller, reaching heights of nearly 7 ft. and almost doubling his mass. That was rare though, and became more rare as the years passed.

I'm not crazy
Or anything

I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:34 pm
Katze Allemon-Schatten
ooc: Oh! Ive heard of that anime! I havent seen it but I know I like...whoever the fire guy is lol.
Charlie is based off of...Charlie. lol

User Image

╔══════════════╗
☪harlie ☪hambers
╚══════════════╝

Charlie began to frown as soon as Lori mentioned the Gulf War. Jesus, that was before he was even born. At this point now, he was doing less eating and more of stirring aimlessly. He looked down in his milk as Lori spoke, feeling himself becoming more and more anxious. He didn't know what to say. He...did kind of want to become his own hero. He couldn't be a sidekick forever. Being a wonderboy was only an option for a short period of time. He wanted to be an adult. But, not because of what Lori thought. Because he was in love with Lori. Because he wanted to be with him. To be more than just s sidekick.
"I...don't know," he said softly, pulling out his spoon and tilting it, watching the milk fall back in. He did this a couple more times before speaking again, looking back up at the other with a deepening frown. "I...I just want to stay by your side...." He said, his voice cracking on the last word. This was pathetic,
he knew, but it was how he felt. He didn't want to leave Lori. He never wanted to leave the hero's side. He looked back down at his bowl after he admitted it, his cheeks a light pink. This was an uncomfortable conversation.

SkeletonFiesta

Business Businesswoman

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:02 pm
AiRozu-chan
It's a really good show. Also, do you prefer to do extensive planning with your rp partner or throw things out as they come along?

"I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
I'm just out to find
The better part of me"

LoriParagon

He sighed and moved his chair close to Charlie, resting his hand on the kid's shoulder. "I'm sorry, I really am talking strangely, especially this early in the morning. Forget what I said. I'm not going to kick you out or anything, and I'm not going to rush you into anything. Tomorrow will be your day, and that's that." He knew he was hoping for too much in thinking that Charlie might be ready to take more charge. Even if he was about to become a legal adult, in some ways he was still kind of a kid, or maybe he just hadn't had a chance to really go out and shine on his own. "Have I been unintentionally taking control too much? Have I stunted his ability to lead? Maybe, but I shall hopefully be fixing that soon."

"Go on ahead and eat up. You'll probably want to train some," he said that last part not as a question but as a closed statement. That was the drawback of training under him, practice was eternal, and while there was no point in wearing a body out, training should take up a significant portion of the day. He exercised two to three hours per day, and did at least an extra hour actually training with his power. While he would never force Charlie to follow such a schedule, he made it clear that just because one was pretty good with their powers, that was no reason to lighten up on training.

I'm not crazy
Or anything

I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:59 pm
Katze Allemon-Schatten
ooc: I like to make things up as we go along. Basically just keep going arc by arc depending on who's in control.
I already have some fuuuuuun stuff planned heehee~

User Image

╔══════════════╗
☪harlie ☪hambers
╚══════════════╝

Charlie felt the other's hand, wondering how the hell this guy was so big. True, that kind of was his thing, but still. He leaned over, resting his head on Lori's shoulder. Charlie was never one to hold back on affection, and often didn't mind touching or being so close to Lori. It was just how he was. It was kind of the only comfort he had. "Okay...." he sighed, still thinking about tomorrow. He wrapped his arms around Lori's muscular arm, trying to comfort himself. What if he wouldn't be able to do this anymore?
Finally, Lori mentioned something he was way more comfortable with. He finally seemed to perk up, smiling a bit. "Okay. Oh! I've learned some stuff I wanna show you!" He said proudly, getting up and taking his bowl to the sink. He couldn't keep pouting all day. This may be the last normal day they ever had, and he needed to enjoy it while he still could. He was trying to cheer himself up. He ate the last few bites and drank the milk up as he walked, washing his bowl. "Hey! What do you want for dinner? I picked up some shrimp the other day. I can make some mild gumbo, shrimp alfredo, shrimp scampi, grilled, fried, shrimp po boys.... Whatever you'd like," he said, putting away the bowl and spoon.
He was a really good cook, if nothing else. It calmed him, and made him really happy whenever Lori liked his food. Honestly, if he didn't have these powers, he'd probably put all of his effort into culinary arts. However, he would mush rather stay here, and make food for Lori. He didn't know anyone else he'd rather make happy than him.

SkeletonFiesta

Business Businesswoman

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:22 pm
AiRozu-chan
Just checking, cause I have some stuff I need to do, but I wasn't entirely sure when I wanted to do it.

"I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
I'm just out to find
The better part of me"

LoriParagon

He wasn’t really an affectionate person. Sure he would always be a shoulder to lean on and he would try to reassure people, and if someone hugged him he wouldn’t tear away from it, but it just wasn’t the type of person he was. He was actually more solitary than that, training himself to rely only upon himself for most everything. Even though Charlie didn’t know that was his injured side, he was still careful with him. gently wrapping himself around his arm. "Poor kid. He’s had nothing but training and me for five years. It’s a wonder he could stand it.” Seeing him curled up like that, made him look small and helpless, and Lori’s protective heart cried out. He wanted to be around and protect him forever, but he knew he couldn’t do that, no mortal could.

At the mentioning of training, Charlie seemed much more excited. Maybe that little bit of influence had really rubbed off on him. “I would love to see what you’ve learned.” Before he could add much else, Charlie was going on about what he could fix them for dinner. Six years ago, he wouldn’t have heard of hardly any of them, but after living with Charlie for awhile, he was starting to learn. He could cook, and had been cooking for himself for almost twenty years, but he was still on basic level. Charlie had lapped him in cooking skill and had to look back with a telescope. It was a good thing too, his powers had his metabolism working at high gear most of the time, so he had the appetite of a walrus, or so it seemed. He had been slacking off a little of late, but not much. He was certain that would eventually come back to bite him. He shook his head with a smile, a genuine one once more, “you fix whatever you feel like fixing. I love pretty much everything you make, even if I’m still certain sorcery is involved.” No, he didn’t actually think sorcery was involved, but it could explain why someone so young was so good.

I'm not crazy
Or anything

I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:54 pm
Katze Allemon-Schatten
ooc: Thats cool. I have a Big Baddy Ill introduce later but it'll be muuuuuch later. We need t build their relationship first before I add angst lol

User Image

╔══════════════╗
☪harlie ☪hambers
╚══════════════╝

Charlie smiled at that, excited to show his hero what he could do. He pushed his bangs out of his eyes, searching in the refrigerator as she spoke. He was thinking about all the recipes he could make with shrimp. Finally he had an idea, gasping as he looked over at Lori, running over to him. "Lori! Can we get some ribeye steaks from the store for steak and shrimp?" He asked excitedly, standing next to the giant. He was basically hoping in place, trying to ignore his impulse to grab onto Lori and hang off of him like a kid on a jungle gym. He knew he needed to stop that, but he couldn't help it. He loved touching Lori. "And I can pour a garlic butter sauce on it and make some baked-no-loaded baked potatoes as a side. Please? For my birthday?" He asked, knowing that steak was a bit on the pricey side no matter where you buy it. "And some sauteed mushrooms on the side?" He added, his thoughts all over the place as usual.

SkeletonFiesta

Business Businesswoman

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:37 pm
AiRozu-chan
Would you mind then if I did something with your Big Baddy as well? I promise I'm a firm believer in "don't harm your partner's characters (at least not physically)."

"I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
I'm just out to find
The better part of me"

LoriParagon

He had never seen anyone get so excited over cooking before, but it made him happy to see someone else so happy. Unfortunately, it was times like these that he could never look at his sidekick and see someone who was almost an adult, someone who was ready. "We can get whatever you want. We aren't really strapped for cash." Granted they weren't wealthy either, but they did get a healthy sum to live off of from the government, as a reward for helping the city so much, and when they took private jobs, there was usually an aspect of payment there. Of course Lori had to ruin their income by doing a lot of pro bono work. That's what it meant to him to be a hero, if someone needed help, he was there to help them, no matter what it cost him. Plenty enough of the scars came from him helping out a stranger in need. "Why don't you go ahead and show me what you learned, then we can head to whichever store you think is best." He would have been content to just get stuff from the grocery store, but Charlie seemed to prefer different stores for different things. The few times Lori ever went shopping on his own, the list was color-coded and annotated, and he still didn't get it exactly right. He mentioned nothing about training, honestly he was not looking forward to eventually having to do it, lifting weights when one side of your torso was screaming in pain was not very fun at all.

I'm not crazy
Or anything

I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:10 pm
Katze Allemon-Schatten
ooc: I mean, yeah but it may be hard bc hes almost OP xD Not too bad but still lol

User Image

╔══════════════╗
☪harlie ☪hambers
╚══════════════╝

Charlie jumped up in the air, punching a fist up toward the ceiling. "Yes! Thank you!" He said happily, floating as he caught himself in the air. "Okay, lemme put on some clothes," he said happily, floating into his room quickly and shutting the door behind him. He loved it when Lori was proud of him. He was excited to impress Lori with both his powers and his cooking; skills he had honed in on that made Lori extra proud.
In his room, he got changed quickly: a pair of black sweat pants that clung around the ankles, and a navy tank top with the Space Jam logo on the front. He floated back into the kitchen quickly after, excited to get a move on. He was barefoot, preferring to train like such. The shadows were easier to control that way. Also, one of the things he wanted to show the other needed him to be barefoot. He would probably wear this outfit all day. "Ready!" He said happily, fists on his hips like a super hero.

SkeletonFiesta

Business Businesswoman

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:03 pm
AiRozu-chan
That's cool. I just need Lori to get injured. Also, yay for Space Jam! I kinda remember when that came out. (Because honestly Charlie keeps making me feel old.)

"I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
I'm just out to find
The better part of me"

LoriParagon

He almost laughed when Charlie cheered, it was so much like a '70's superhero cartoon he couldn't even begin to believe that Charlie was familiar with them. He just barely had enough time to change pants and grab the rest of his clothes before Charlie was back out and ready to show off. All of his clothes were loose-fitting on him, just in case he had to suddenly bulk up for something. He wasn't the Hulk, he didn't have a magic pair of purple shorts that would fit no matter what size he was. And he had been fortunate that the few times he forgot this rule, it was the early nineties and the internet wasn't very common yet and social media hadn't been invented. He had had to pay a pretty penny to get those photos out of the onlookers hands before they could be handed over to the media.

"Alright, show me what you've learned!" He was never begrudging on encouragement, but he would save the real praise until Charlie learned something important. After all of the praise they got from the public on a regular basis, he knew how hollow words could become when heard too often.

I'm not crazy
Or anything

I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive