Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[prp] harmless hazing (raelin/m'yk + durgs)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:09 pm
Raelin was a smart girl, but putting names to faces of each particular rank? Shards, they kept falling out of her head as easily as sand through her fingers. She could tell you the remedies for most any injury a dragon could suffer, and a handful humans did too, but the knowledge seemed to have filled her head and left no space for anything else. Saith was attempting to quiz her, wrapped about her rider's shoulders and head like a particularly bright scarf, making mental notes of what she missed and repeating them again and again until she got it right.

Normally, Raelin might appreciate the rapid-fire studying. Right now, though, it was just giving her a headache, and she was ready to settle in for the half hour lunch break.

It was a mild day outside, enough for her to get her food and settle in the shade by the weyr lake. Saith slid off her shoulders as she did so, stretching and yawning. Look at them, she wondered, following the flying drills of a wing nearby. Or maybe they were senior weyrlings? There were some flighty shifts happening in a few of them. They make it seem so effortless.

Raelin looked up as well, chewing her bread in the Pernese equivalent of eating popcorn. Just wait until we give it a go. They'll be ugly ducklings compared to you.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:18 am
Dobrokhoth had been deeply unsettled of late. While he was, to some small degree, growing used to the trickling-in of transfers to High Reaches, it was another thing entirely to be set upon by a horde. That this particular horde was made up of hatchlings made very little difference. They were foreign-born, Weyrless-hatched invaders, and he didn't trust them one bit! Even if a few of them did turn about to be decent sorts, it would be months upon months before they were actually useful, and in the meantime they'd be leeching off the Weyr's resources.

His rider knew exactly how he felt about this, and had told him repeatedly to leave them alone, but he couldn't stand it! Besides, it wasn't as though the man did everything Dobrokhoth told him to do, so why should he do everything he was told to? No, this situation was unacceptable, and he would make sure his feelings were known! These beach-hatched freeloaders needed to be shown what was what, and know that he had his eye on them. They had to earn their place!

But the brown had no choice but to wait for his chance. Between flying Fall, recovering, drilling for more Fall, and the watchful eye of His, opportunity did not present itself right away. But after the first couple of sevendays, M'yk got a bit lax about it - a touch distracted, perhaps, by certain concerns - and when their rest day rolled around, Dobrokhoth pounced on the chance to take action. While His was in the dining hall, the dusty brown slid from his weyrledge and glided low over the weyrbowl - keeping well out of the way of drills of any kind, which he had no wish to hinder - to see if any of the small intruders were about. And there, by the lake!

Perfect. He banked and circled back again, rising up high enough to pick up speed for his intended pass, and dove down with a loud bugle to swoop just across the surface of the water. He dragged a forefoot through it as he did so, creating a delightful wave of water with which to splash the weyrling pair as he skimmed just overhead.

Outsider! he cried disapprovingly.

medigel

Meepfur
Crew

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:47 am
The loud cry startled them to their feet on instinct, expecting it to be a clarion for Thread. But, wait, the day was still nice, the breeze pleasant--

And now, everything sopping wet.

Raelin dropped her food in surprise and Saith honked most indelicately as the wave crashed over them. And then a voice in their heads shouted as they turned to put a face to it, the palest brown they had ever laid eyes on (save for maybe one of Saith's brothers). Immediately after she wiped her face off, Raelin barked back, "Come down and say that to my face, you spineless tunnelsnake!" before she could fully process what was going on. A knee-jerk reaction to any insult.

Outsider...? It took Saith a moment to realize what he had meant, and a small frown appeared as she shook herself dryer. It had never occurred to her that someone might take issue with something like that, let alone splash them....what even...

Meepfur

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:52 pm
Success! Deeply pleased with himself, in spite of what the young green's rider yelled after him, he trumpeted victory and regained altitude with strong, sweeping beats of his wings, fully intending to return to his ledge now that his work was done. He'd made himself quite clear, and could go back to sunning, content and smugly-

Dobrokhoth.

Oops. Maybe he should have been a little more careful about tamping down on those feelings. ...yes, Mine?

What did you do?

Caught! The brown knew better than to even try to lie to His, and sighed as he circled. I...may have flown very low over the lake, and a weyrling may have gotten a little wet. Nothing-

I told you to leave them alone, you flitter-brained a**! Abandoning his lunch, M'yk began the march outside and down towards the lake. He wasn't often upset with his dragon, but he'd been very clear with him that he was not to pester the new weyrlings. It was one thing to buzz a transfer, or hassle a layabout, and entirely another to heckle the babies. Now you get back down there and apologize.

You don't do everything I tell you to do! his dragon retorted. And I don't need to apologize! I told you to go and check on her and you still haven't, so I am not going to-

Now, Dobrokhoth.

The pale brown rumbled and huffed, but the weight of his rider's disappointment pressed down on him, and he glided to a landing on the opposite side of the lake, where he then stood still rumbling and shifting restlessly. He glared balefully across the water with yellow flecking his orange eyes and dug his claws in the sand, tail lashing. This was not fair! His should not make him apologize, not when he was not sorry and not when he wouldn't do as he was told, either! He seethed and hissed and when he finally directed his words at the little dragonet, it was clear in his tone that he was loathe to speak them. Mine says I must be sorry.

He was not.

medigel

Meepfur
Crew

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:36 pm
Raelin half expected the dragon to keep on going, so they were both surprised once more when the brown landed across the lake and turned to them. He clearly didn't look happy about it. (Saith was privately glad that he hadn't taken the challenge literally, at least.)

"You can shove your apology," Raelin shouted across the lake, garnering several looks from other riders in the vicinity. A few had even laughed. She didn't care. "You have a problem, say it to our faces."

But what problem, Saith wanted to ask. Why did it matter if her parents hadn't been part of a weyr? She continued to frown, eyes shifting yellow, but stood as dignified as one could be after being splashed. That was the important part, after all: always stay calm. Did we wrong you somehow? she asked instead.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:10 am
The brown's hiss deepened, red swirling into his eyes when the girl shouted at him. He continued to seethe and shift restlessly, making sure to project his sheer displeasure to his rider so that he would know how very upset he was with him, and how insolent this silly girl was! Even after he'd apologized! Grumble grumble grumble. Refusing to speak to the human, he directed his answer to the green. My problem is that-

Uh-oh. There he was. Dobrokhoth pressed himself down against the sand as his rider came into view on the other side of the lake and pointed to the ground beside him. "You. Over here. Now."

"Sorry," he added to the weyrling pair, though his gaze remained fixed on his dragon as he started to slink his way around the lake with great reluctance. "He's an a** about strangers."

medigel

Meepfur
Crew

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:50 pm
Saith didn't think they'd get attacked, not at least until the thought crossed Raelin's mind; Weyrlaw or not, things happened. The dragon's eyes grew more yellow at the thought, and she stiffened. Luckily for them both, the brown's rider was much more sensible and, more importantly, in the vicinity.

"I've been here for seven turns," Raelin told the man indignantly, though his apology blunted the worst of her tone. "If he has a problem about Saith's heritage which, mind you, is just another stupid--"

Realinmine, please, Saith interjected, remaining calm in the face of her rider's anger. The idea was...saddening, yes, but there wasn't any need to make it a fight.

High Reaches was already colorist, Raelin shot back, they didn't need to pile on more to it. But she took a breath and sighed. "It's fine. I'll just have more laundry to do, I guess." To punctuate her point, she began to wring her hair.

If there's a problem, let's discuss it, Saith said simply, pressing closer to Raelin.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:15 am
"He doesn't like any dragon not from High Reaches, never has," M'yk explained calmly, crossing his arms as he watched his dragon's lumbering progress around the lake. "Doesn't trust them to pull their weight. He gets over it, though, once they've been around awhile and done their share. But I specifically told him to leave the hatchlings alone. Didn't I, Dob?"

Dobrokhoth had stopped a good distance away and dropped into a hunching sit, still staring but now looking almost as miserable as he did annoyed as his gaze shifted from the young green to his own rider and back again and he made rumbly-grumbly noises of discontent under his breath.

"Now apologize, and promise not to do it again."

The brown hmmphed and turned his head away, petulant. You are being very mean, he complained to his rider. How could you be so cruel to your Dobrokhoth? I am only-

Shaffing close to getting us in a lot of trouble, or didn't you think about that? Better make it good, unless you want V'mel and Aviroth after us.

That got his attention, and he creeled softly as his eyes flashed yellow. ...I am sorry, little green. I will not do it again.

medigel

Meepfur
Crew

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:41 am
Raelin pursed her lips at the brown as she listened. There was a thing or two she would have liked to say about keeping "Dob" in line, but she bit her words down. They simmered as she wrung her hair out again, souring her mood even more. Be respectful and all that crap. Shards, she had already made a fool of herself yelling not two minutes ago. "No big deal," she grumbled.

Saith, however, needed something more compelling before she could put the matter behind her. With purposeful steps, she made her way towards Dobrokhoth, yellow eyes turning more blue, until she planted herself some feet in front of him. For all their size and age differences, the green looked up at him calmly, like she had already trusted he wouldn't simply toss her into the lake.

Promise you won't? she asked, somehow both childish and serious.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:20 am
Now that he was up close, and she was looking up at him so childish and so serious all at once, she was...she was almost cute. He was not prepared for that. Dobrokhoth pressed himself to the ground with a low, sad whine. I promise. I am sorry.

And...probably not just because of his rider pressing down on his mind, intent on impressing on him just what an unacceptable thing he'd done.

And? M'yk prompted.

...and what?

Apologies and promises are only words. You should do something to make up for it, too.

The brown considered this with thoughtful noises before finally adding, And I will...make it up to you somehow, if there is something. A thing that you want, that I can do.

medigel

Meepfur
Crew

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:59 pm
Dobrokhoth had her at I promise. Relaxing, Saith gave a small trill and stood up, moving close enough that she could bat at his face gently. Don't worry about a favor right now. I am a stranger because you don't know me. So! Let's talk, Dobrokhoth, she suggested, as easily as if they were only meeting just then. We have a little time before chores begin.

Raelin groaned even before the green communicated her idea. Talking meant more socializing, and she still had her lunch to think about. Which was now somewhat wet and gross.

xMeepfur

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:32 pm
Dobrokhoth made no move to evade having his face batted at; in fact, he made no move at all, going very still. Even his breathing became more shallow, and though a tiny hint of green whirled through his eyes, they remained a predominantly yellowed gray. What...would you like to talk about? he asked hesitantly. I have not spoken to many hatchlings. I am not sure where to start, and I do not want to make you late. Chores are very important. The very most important!

With Dobrokhoth well on his way to sorting himself, M'yk was left with the weyrling girl and at more than a bit of a loss. Ever since his sister had Impressed, interacting with weyrlings, particularly female ones, left him just a touch uncomfortable. Even if they looked nothing like her, some part of his mind saw her, and given that he preferred to ignore his youngest sibling and his complicated feelings about her and what she'd gone and done, that was a bit of a problem. He looked at her a moment longer, though not rudely so, before finally offering, "Is there anything you need?"

Besides the obvious answer of 'dry clothes,' of which he didn't exactly have a ready supply.

medigel

Meepfur
Crew

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas