[PRP] Basking in the Sun

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:11 am
User Image

It was early in the morning. So early, in fact, that the sun was only just peaking over the horizon. This was one of Mei's favorite times of the day, when the world was just waking and coming to life.

As she basked in it, she recalled why she'd chosen to stay here in the Pridelands rather than return to the Tianxia with her former pride. Mei had originally started to go with them... but she could tell that she would be happy here, and she hadn't been the only one to make that decision anyway. What was one less lion returning? So she had turned back with the well-wishes of the others.

The pink lioness hummed cheerfully from her high perch. The fallen log was nowhere near as tall as Pride Rock, but it lifted her up enough to feel the wind and sun in her fur, which was good enough for her.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:22 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Itri was just getting up he wasn't sure he was thrilled about being up so early in the morning but he was a hunter for the pride so he needed to get out there and hunt sometime and the morning was a good time to go hunting. He looked up feeling the new sunlight on his white fur and it felt kinda nice. He started off out of his little home and passed near the sound of humming. He turned and saw the pink female lioness sitting on a log enjoying the early morning light. He smiled at her and went a little closer. "Hi I'm Itri." He said in a friendly tone. He didn't know many of the other members of the pride yet.

He was looking forward to changing that because he wanted to become a true member of this pride and settle down with a lovely lioness he had a crush on.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:39 am
Her head turned before she had fully registered that someone was there, but he didn't seem threatening. On the contrary, he seemed downright cheerful. She had a brief moment of wariness over a random lion appearing next to her, but that was masked by her bright smile. She was nothing if not good at being congenial.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you. I'm Mei." She cocked her head to the side, "I don't remember seeing you around before." Not that that was saying much. She wasn't originally a Pridelander in the first place, and she hadn't been living here THAT long. Longer than him, she was sure, but still. "Are you new to the Pridelands?"

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:45 am
MangoMeow

Itri smiled and then said, "Nice to meet you, Mei." He then shook his head his mane flying about as he did. "No I wasn't born in the pridelands, I was born into the Swampie pride, but when I went on my journey to discover my true name something happened and when I got back they were all gone. Seems my old pride scattered. I heard rumors they came back together in a new place but they have some really strange customs now." Itri said his tone was a little bitter the home he once loved had changed and he could not return. He nodded and then blushed moving his paw in the dirt. "I might have followed a pretty lioness in joining." He said with a chuckle. "What about you? Has this always been your home?"  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:50 am
Mei couldn't help but feel sad at the mention of his old pride. Where she had had a choice, it looked like he hadn't. She hadn't meant to bring up bad memories, but the damage was done.

Luckily, he seemed to move on with the conversation, and his next sentence had her smiling mischievously. "A pretty lioness, huh?" Mei giggled, "Well, that's certainly a good reason, I'd say." She narrowed her eyes coyly, "Does she know her beau followed her?"

She clucked her tongue at his question though, "No. I used to be from the Tianxia, and came with them when they visited these lands. They've since headed back home, but..." her eyes grew wistful at this, "I'd fallen in love with the Pridelands by that point, and chose to stay."

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:31 am
MangoMeow

Itri often wondered what had happened to his family, if they were alright. Since he was unwelcome in the new pride he had no way of knowing if any of them were there or moved on to other prides as he had done. Itri chuckled when Mei asked if the female he was courting knew he had joined the pride for her. "Yes, Bembe knows I have a crush on her and joined the pride so she would be able to show me her way of life." He was very much looking forward to learning more about pride life and building a life with Bembe. Itri smiled looking around at the beautiful area. "Yea it is a beautiful place."  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:26 am
Mei's eyes were practically sparkling now as he spoke of "Bembe". She'd be lying if she said that she didn't love a good romance story, and this was sounding like a cute one that was unfolding here in the Pridelands. She simply hummed in response though. It didn't sound like he needed advise or someone pushing him forward for his crush. If anything, it sounded like it was going well on it's own.

After all, why would this mysterious lioness know of his feelings, yet still be showing him around? She met said feelings were reciprocated. At least, she hoped they were.

"It is," she sighed and mumbled the next part quietly to herself, "And here's to hoping it will remain as such." She had heard the whispers and talk going around, of death and paranoia, but she hadn't really dug into any of it yet. Hopefully things would end happily for everyone, as they seemed to be for this couple.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:48 am
MangoMeow

Itri hadn't heard anything of death or paranoia, so he was rather confused when Mei said she hoped that the prideland would stay nice. "Is there a reason to think it won't stay nice?" He asked he wanted to know if there was danger in the prideland he didn't know about. He had to know everything he could if he was going to protect Bembe. She was so gentle and sweet he didn't think she would be willing to claw down another lion if they tried to hunt her.

Itri wasn't willing to leave her alone for long if that was the case and the prideland had darkness falling over it for some reason. He frowned it seemed so bright and beautiful, but his home had felt free and clean before it was disbanded and reformed into a pride Itri was the wrong color pelt to join. He shook his head o clear the dark thoughts and waited for Mei to answer his question. He wondered where Bembe was right now and how fast he could find her if there was trouble at paw.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:07 am
She was brought out of her musings at his question, and a quick glance back at him showed that she may have worried him. Shaking her head, Mei pushed those thoughts away and tried to smile back.

"Sorry, it's probably nothing." She debated whether to mention what was happening, but in the end chose against it. To be fair, he and his bae would likely be fine anyway. It was just gossip and rumor at the moment. It would hopefully amount to nothing more.

Instead, the lioness sighed, "It's just hard to imagine a place staying peaceful forever." She hummed, "But if it comes to it, I would be willing to protect this place. It's a good home."

Mei smirked, "I'm sure I don't need to ask who you'd be protecting though." She giggled as she noted his distraction, "And I wouldn't want to keep you from her, if you're hoping to spend the day with her."

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:14 am
MangoMeow

Itri nodded "It hasn't been my home for long but I'd be willing to fight for it too. And yea the mountains were beautiful and life was great but things change, lions and lionesses don't stay the same forever. I wasn't there when it disbanded so I can't say as to all the whys nor was I old enough to fight the changes if I had been there. Bembe is worth fighting for so I'm ready to fight if the need comes up." Itri chuckled yea he was ready to protect Bembe and the life she loved here. "Nah I'm in no rush to run off and find her unless you told me someone was ready to pounce her and hurt her. Then hunting or not I'd be by her side in a moment."  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:52 pm
Mei nodded at his response. She had to respect him for that. A mate that didn't think of their other first in times of trouble was not the best mate. Yes, she was sure that they would be fine.

She sighed then, "Speaking of hunting, I should actually start on my own hunt for the day." She smirked, "Wouldn't want to leave any bellies hungry, especially with the influx of cubs lately."

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:59 pm
MangoMeow

Itri smiled "I'm a hunter too if you would like me to hunt with you."

(Fin?)  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:59 am
Mei debated over it for a moment and then nodded, "Sure. Two hunters are better than one." She laughed, "And maybe you can tell me more about your beau."

Then, with a flick of her tail, she turned and began trekking towards where she was fairly certain the herds were currently.

Midnightglow18
Fin~

[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces