Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elsa Amora
Vice Captain

Timid Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:25 pm
Robert's Residence

User Image

Robert's residence resides just nearby the leadership building. The High Priestess likes to keep him close, which means she is usually the only company consistently around him. His residence is unlike the other fledglings. Being that he is higher in status, his home is much larger and open. A condo-like residence, he is given space from the other fledgling homes which aids in his solitude.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:51 pm
Elsa Amora

User Image

Robert Flyer

Robert rose early, he was of the opinion that the early bird catches the worm and in his case he was usually right. Although there were times when being late could be used to your advantage, the kind of con which required you to make a bad impression and subtly manipulate your mark into giving you what you need or by making them purposefully make things more difficult for you in order to extort them later. He looked over to his desk, the book of scripture he had been reading until late was still there, he found it that it was wasn't written that was more important to what was. Everyone in his flock worshiped Nyx in their own way, the need for an actual priest wasn't strictly necessary but it helped for appearances sake. He put on his priestly uniform, he had styled it after christian preachers, black shirt with the white collar but placed a half moon arm band on the side. Finally he checked the clock and decided that he should make himself something to eat before his guest arrived. He was expecting another member of the church to come by to discuss future events.

As he drank his morning coffee and read the morning papers, his mind drifted to his current mark. An elderly gentleman of middle eastern origin who after years of bullying other companies out of their property and money suddenly found himself staring down death and wanting to know if there was an other side. The man had tried everything, and was just beginning to dabble in dark arts when Robert showed up at his estate out of the blue. Within a week Robert had convinced him to give up his worldly possessions and repent, to join them and donate his substantial worth to the cult. His daughter, a stuck up woman who probably needed that stick surgically removing before it grew leaves, was not happy when she found out that her father had joined some silly cult and taken all her money with him. She threatened to sue and when that failed, break both of his legs and leave him in the desert. Something that Robert was quite sure would have happened if not for the fact that she was desperate and was convinced to talk it over with him one on one before making any rash decisions. Needless to say she too joined the flock, although neither are true members and robbed of their capital it's only a matter of time until they are given some missionary work and sent off to goddess knows where. There was a knock at his door and Robert quickly moved to open it.  

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

Elsa Amora
Vice Captain

Timid Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:11 pm
User Image
Nyx Reincarnate Amora | High Priestess of Nyx's Graced | Elemental Manipulation & Foresight
OCC: ...

User Image

Finishing with the last of her new fledglings for now, the High Priestess then made her way toward the residences where her associate's home resided. She took her time, not feeling the need to rush herself in order to give him more time to relax before she interrupted his solitude. They were to discuss about the church today, a place that would now and forever remain his domain. She was curious to see if he'd want any changes or expansions now that he had become more comfortable in his new home. She understood staying in this environment was completely different from his previous life, but she saw what came if he didn't agree to come with her. After that meeting she sent a silent thanks to Nyx, grateful that Robert came with her and agreed to her terms.

Amora took in the pleasant scent from the flowers that drifted her way in the breeze. A gentle sigh escaped her as she slowed her walk and reached his door. She rose her hand and curled it into a soft first, knocking gently at his door. She waited only a moment before she heard the knob twist, a small grin spreading across her lips as she bowed her head. "Good Morning, Pastor Robert. How are you fairing this fine day?"

vortex2365
Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:22 pm
Elsa Amora

User Image

Robert Flyer

Robert had been in the community for a long time, perhaps not as long as some of the life timers, he wasn't born into their ways and only really adopted them because he had been forced, not that he held it against them. During his time there he had gotten used to all manner of weird and wonderful sights, from magic powers to well... Different magic powers. But there was one factor that he had never really adapted to and that was their leader and his friend, Amora. She was by his reckoning, a wonder in herself and someone that defied expectations. That is to say he was enamored and tried his hardest not to show it, lest she think less of him. "Good morning, Lady Amora. I'm well, I got back a little late from my trip. How are you fairing?" He answered as he let her in, the use of formal titles he assumed was for someone else's benefit. "Would you like a cup of tea? Coffee?" He gestured towards the kitchen to indicate that he was well stocked. This was true mainly because out of habit he had swindled the delivery girl into giving him extra when the amount he got already was more than enough. But if he didn't apply his trade at every opportunity he'd only get rusty. He directed her towards the sitting area and followed along. "What do you want to start with? An update on the Saudi prince or matters on the church? Or do you have something you want to start with?" He asked out of courtesy.  

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

Elsa Amora
Vice Captain

Timid Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:31 pm
User Image
Nyx Reincarnate Amora | High Priestess of Nyx's Graced | Elemental Manipulation & Foresight

User Image

The High Priestess walked in with her usual grace, taking in his aura as she always did. She turned her attention back to him when he offered her tea, making her smile more. "Tea would be nice. I'd love to hear how your trip went, if you are willing to share." She was genuinely curious of his travels. Among all the leadership here he was the only one that really traveled elsewhere. The only time Amora left her domain was when she had to do the yearly welcoming meetings or when there was an emergency that required her assistance, but that was rarely ever the case. Following his motion to the sitting area where they usually gathered, she scooped her hands under herself in order to make sure she didn't sit on her dress in a way that'd make it lift. Once she sat, she straightened out her dress and rose her gaze to him at his questions. "An update would be nice. I'd like to know where we stand. I'd also like to speak with you about your confession area. Is it accommodating enough? Would you like more space? An upgrade? A home renovation?" Amora was always worried when it came to providing for others. She would rather over provide than not provide enough, it was simply her character.

vortex2365
Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:55 am
Elsa Amora

User Image

Robert Flyer

Robert moved over to the kitchen and began making tea as she moved to where he had pointed, as the kettle boiled he moved slightly closer to talk to her. "Certainly." He knew how much she liked stories of the outside world. He had real intention of telling her the ins and outs of his jobs, there was no reason to cause her to worry. "So I had lay over in Dubai, my flight was delayed due to a sandstorm or some such and and I decided to get a hotel instead of waiting in the airport. I used the old diplomatic immunity card. Excuse me one moment" He gave her a wink and retreated back into the kitchen to pour. He pulled out a box of teas, it was sectioned inside and a plaque indicated that it was from a country where they spoke Hindi. He pulled out two apricots this time. He crossed the room and placed the tea in front of her. "Imported from India. Let me know if you like it and I'll get more." He left his to cool as he got comfortable. "So I was on the way to the hotel, making small talk with the taxi driver, delightful man ex military and haunted by his past, I suggested we do a prayer to Hypnos together and he does another before bed." He motioned his hands as if that wasn't important, that was just his work and they were talking about his trip. "Well, he told me about this place where they serve these amazing little cakes." He looked at her sharply. "Amora, I have to take you. It might be slightly blasphemous to say but heaven on earth." He grinned. "I thought about bringing one back but it's better to have them fresh." He wafted the steam from his tea into his nose and smelled the brew.

"I converted the prince and his daughter, I've left them with our people and told them to make them into missionaries."
He began. If she wanted the specifics of his mission, she could ask, there was no secrets between them. But he hadn't told her because she could always deny knowledge of his methods until he told her. "The prince donated a large portion of his wealth to the church and I convinced his daughter to do the same. I've transferred the cash into our Cayman accounts, so you can check those for the exact figure but needless to say we won't go wanting this year." He sipped his tea before continuing, he was unsure about the flavour but willing to give it a shot, hopefully it would grow on him. "The confessional is amazing. Atmospheric, I've decided to open it between the hours of twelve and three but as always I'm free to talk all of the time." He took his work very seriously and when he was at home he was a priest. "My home is perfectly adequate, please stop asking if I want any more space." He looked around, a part of him knew he had enough and another part wanted more. Her playing temptress was not helping. "I believe that covers the old news, though feel free to ask me anything. How is the tea?" He gestured towards the cup. "Are you aware of the book of signs and sigils?" He asked conversationally but as always there was more to it than that.  

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

Elsa Amora
Vice Captain

Timid Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
User Image

User Image

Amora smiled as he began his story. Because she never traveled, he was her eyes in the outside world. And every time he came back he had a wonderful story to tell, something that always sustained her urge to up and travel herself. The woman sat relaxed with a tall back, her eyes never leaving his direction. When he winked at her she smiled, enjoying the comfortable atmosphere between them. Accepting her tea when it was given to her, she thanked him with a slight nod of her head before raising it to her lips and blowing gently. She listened to his words as she cooled the hot liquid in her mug, using air to carefully swirl it in her cup. When he spoke of the cakes and having to take her she smiled again, finding it interesting that he thought of those treats so highly. "Really? Heaven on Earth? I must try them then." She had really never spoke about anything to that caliber, so she could only take his word when he said it was that great. She was quite glad to hear that both the prince and his daughter were converted. It took a bit of stress off her shoulders and also helped their funding, allowing her to give the best to her fledglings. Sipping her tea contently, she was happy to hear the money had already been transferred and this year had basically been secured for them. "You truly are the best Robert. I don't know how I got along all these years without you." Enjoying the earthy taste the tea gifted her, Amora took another sip as he spoke of his home and confessional. Of course the woman knew she was probably giving more than he asked for but she couldn't help wanting to give more to those that deserved it, and he clearly did. "I simply want to make sure you are correctly accommodated for. I'd be upset if there was something you wanted that was in my reach and you didn't tell me." Her care for the man grew more than the fledglings she cared for. He did things she could not, things that ultimately helped her domain and the people in it.

Placing her mug down gently when he referred to it, she grinned. "I enjoy it. It has an earthy texture and fills me with a pleasant warmth." Resting her hands on her lap, she rose her right leg slightly and crossed it over her left. "Signs and Sigils? Of course, I have a copy in my own personal library. Why do you ask?" Her brow raised slightly, she observed him carefully. She knew there was more to this question, she just didn't assume what he was getting at by it.

vortex2365
Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:57 pm
Elsa Amora

User Image

Robert Flyer

He bowed his head slightly in acknowledgement of the compliment. "I'm sure you had your ways." He smiled at her, certain that if he hadn't come along then she would have managed to get by. Robert, to his credit, did well not asking things of Amora, there wasn't anything he needed and the path of acquiring things he wanted without effort would surely dull his talents. "As of this moment I have no complaints." He confirmed again, it wasn't a lie which surprised him slightly. Not that he allowed himself to show it, now wasn't really the time. He made a mental note that she liked the tea and would endeavor to get more, he had decided it was not to his liking and he would have to get something else for himself in future. "Really? That's quite a surprise!" He hadn't actually expected her to own it, not that he should be too surprised if Amora had a mind to get something then it was only a matter of time before it was hers. He was living proof. "There aren't many copies of that book left these days. Most were destroyed before the crusades. They say there are things within that can summon spirits." He added for context, but since she already had a copy he assumed she knew a little more about it than the average occultist. "I found a book while I was aboard, a version of the book of Sign and Sigils that possibly predates the oldest known copy." He left a sizeable pause to build suspense. "The original." He raised his eyebrows at her. He decided to put the ball back in her court to ask the questions.  

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

Elsa Amora
Vice Captain

Timid Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:02 pm
User Image

User Image

Amora smiled at his content. She was clearly happy to see she was able to fully provide for him without leaving him feeling unsatisfied in any way. And, seeing as she didn't feel any deceit from him, she could only assume he was telling the truth when he said he had no complaints. The woman leaned her elbow on her upraised knee gently, her head resting atop her fist as she watched and listened to him. She was curious of where his previous question would lead, and soon grinned when he spoke of having obtained the oldest version. She rose a slight brow in surprise and amusement. "Say you so? I've heard there weren't many copies, and given my love of reading I simply had to get a copy for myself. But to collect the original? That in itself is a wonderful feat. How in heavens did you obtain such a rare thing? She, herself, got a copy to specifically read up on the incantations of spirits - not that she wanted to summon one herself, she was simply curious of the act. Many scripts had many ways of doing so, she wanted to see what aligned and what didn't in terms of her own knowledge and other texts.

vortex2365
Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:21 pm
Elsa Amora

User Image

Robert Flyer

He bow his head to indicate that she was correct, it was a rare book indeed. The amount of known copies could be counted on one hand by a skilled collector, although he wasn't sure if her number would be counted in that as she had her own ways. He sat back slightly as he recalled the encounter. "I was sat drinking tea in my hotel, waiting for the prince to get back to me, when a man approached my table." He paused to picture him. "The man was old fashioned, he wore a pin-stripped suit with a hat, was clean shaven with a look of disdain for those around him. Otherwise known as British. He saw what I was drinking and floated over." He flashed her a grin. "Turns out he worked for a private collector, the man had managed to find the original manuscript. I won't say where exactly because I don't want to invoke someones ire unintentionally." He was referring to one of the lost cities from that part of the world. "He didn't tell me any of the specific details of the trade but it wasn't hard to find out." Again, he didn't go into the details aloud. He had drugged the man and assumed his identity for the afternoon, he had adopted his mannerisms, and by using forged papers swindled the sellers into trusting him. By that evening he had the pages in his possession and was back to being a priest but this time in a different hotel. "It's in the vault." He had deposited the book before coming home, something that precious needed to be put under lock and key, at least until it was needed. "I haven't been able to verify it yet, but if you have a copy of the book it shouldn't be a problem."  

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

Elsa Amora
Vice Captain

Timid Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:18 pm
User Image

User Image

Amora listened intently, curious as to how he came upon the original. She knew quite well what his gift was so she needn't press for all the facts of how he handled this man to get in touch with his private collection. She was quite surprised that the man seemed to come right up to him and speak of his business as if he had nothing valuable to hide. "He was a foolish man to speak so openly about his business. But, on the bright side, it gifted you with something quite masterful." She grinned at him, clearly enjoying his knack for obtaining such things. She glanced in the direction of the vault when he mentioned it before she sat up straight once more, her hands resting on her lap again as she returned her gaze to him."You'd like to make sure the copy isn't a fake, correct? If that's so I am more than willing to share my copy with you. If you'd like me to go and get it now I will." The woman was the 'Do it now of it must be done' type, so it wasn't strange for her to offer to move from her seat just to walk back to her own study and come back. Besides, what kind of host would she be if she asked if she could provide anything else to him and then not provide the one thing he asks of her?

vortex2365
Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:17 pm
Elsa Amora

User Image

Robert Flyer

"I have a trusting face." He joked and then waved it away since he didn't want to dwell on how it came into his possession any more. He tapped his lips as he considered her offer of retrieving her copy, he was actively factoring it into his plans. "It's a tricky one, I'm about eighty per cent sure it's real, sixty at a push. I'd happily let you check it if I was planning to just gift it to you, but I had plans to present it to those heathens." He didn't mind telling her his thoughts they were in an flux state and he hadn't settle on a plan so to speak as of yet. "I just think if we check it and you find out it's not real you won't be able to lie about it. How about this, we'll leave it in the box for now, unobserved it's both real and fake, that way we won't run the risk." It wasn't think he didn't think she could do it, it was that he didn't want to put her in that position, for now it didn't really matter if it was real or not. "I may borrow your copy later if that's okay." He added. "I think for now if we circulate rumors that I acquired the manuscript and wait to see if I get any interest from our neighbors." It was largely unknown outside of that room that he was anything other than a priest, if someone was to approach him he could assume they wouldn't start with violence. "How has my flock been in my time away?" He asked with concern.  

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

Elsa Amora
Vice Captain

Timid Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:51 pm
User Image

User Image

Amora grinned at his joke, leaning her face on her hand slightly as she leaned her elbow on the chair's arm. She took his words into consideration, quite amused by his train of thought. His views and ways of going about things always amused her, one of the reasons she kept him so close. "Alright, we'll keep it in the box. I'll happily lend you my copy if you wish." Smiling at him, she then thought on his question and released a small sigh. "There have been a few instances of disobedience but I've snipped that as soon as it manifested. There are four new faces here though, so I'd love it if you could show your face to them. I want those fledglings to know they have someone else to come to if need be." Pausing a moment, she then sat up and faced her body squarely to his. "I would also like it if you would spend more time in my presence as well. Upon your arrival I've given thought to some things and would like to discuss them in due time. But, for now, I feel it best we linger in each other's company for the moment." A slight glint in her eye, she tilted her head slightly. "That is, unless you think otherwise and do not wish to be around me."

vortex2365
Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:56 pm
Elsa Amora

User Image

Robert Flyer

Robert nodded as she agreed, but he was fairly certain it was the real thing, the real question was if it was possible to recreate it given enough time or if he would need to pull a switch. So many ideas for grifting and scamming, none of which fit with his priest persona and so were slowly being locked away as he let himself fall into character. Soon he would be back to her version of normal and the rest of their congregation would be none the wiser. "Disobedience?" He inquired, concerned about what he was going to be dealing with. "I'm sure if you've dealt with it then it's settled, but I would be interested to know what they did. Or were going to do." He smiled, eluding to her power. "Of course, I'll do morning prayer and then my rounds. But if you wanted to point me in the right direction, I wouldn't object." He smiled, he usually let people people come to him but for newcomers he wasn't against making house calls. "Really now?" He could hardly object to the idea but he was interested in her sudden invitation. "Of course I'd be delighted. I have quite a few imported teas I'd like to try with you." He looked at the tea in front of him and made a mental note that it would not be on the list. "Amora, I'm always happy to spend time in your company, I'd be more worried that you wouldn't want to spend time with me." For all his coloured words and stories, deep down inside, he was still a b*****d. It was what made him, who he was and she was one of the few who knew that. But that was probably the reason why he adored her. "I wouldn't object for the world." He smiled and left ample pause. "How have you been since I've been away?" He asked, as he took another attempt at the tea.  

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

Elsa Amora
Vice Captain

Timid Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:16 am
User Image

User Image

The High Priestess smile at him warmly, enjoying the welcoming tone in his voice as he confirmed to spend time with her. "Then it is settled. I can easily set things aside to be with you, and we can meet more often on casual manners rather than official meetings." Her shoulders relaxing, she watched him take another sip of the tea before a grin spread on her lips. "Quite frankly, I've been bored." Her grin growing slightly, she glanced out the nearby window and sighed. "Nothing is as much fun as it is when you're around. But I have kept a close eye on my followers, making sure they stay in line and stick to the rules laid out for them. None have been truly disobedient, but there has been a rejected subject among us. You may remember her, a girl named Staci if I'm recalling correctly." Her gaze returning to him, she allowed her shoulders to raise and lower in a gentle shrug. "I know she enjoyed her confessions with you. But, after a night of terrors, she came to me and stated her family needed her. The goddess seemed to agree and stripped her of her powers and I sent her on her way. I hear she is in town caring for her father that has fallen quite ill." She spoke casually, no infliction of sorrow or pity in her voice or facial features. "She will be missed. But life moves on."

vortex2365
Quote:

Nyx's Graced Residences

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas