Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
What would you do in a situation like this? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aggrivating?
  Yes, that would be aggrivating.
  No, I can deal with illiterate talkers.
  Maybe, I don't know.
View Results

Error Access Denied

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:48 am
I really dislike the type of people that gang up on you (over the computer; which makes it really stupid) and harass you for doing nothing wrong except standing by yourself in a corner somewhere. Its ridiculously pathetic. Especially illiterate fools who tell you that you're illiterate and you're the only one that knows what you're talking about and how to type properly.

Just recently a few girls, who think that gangs are the coolest thing on this planet, came up to me (on a virtual game) and decided to try and insult me and then tried to get every one of their friends to do the same. And they had nothing smart to say what-so-ever. They had profanity words just about three times in every sentence.

Not only that, but they also told me that I should go back to English class. That cracked me up! I laughed at that. I'm not exactly sure what English teacher taught them because they obviously didn't know how to type. Then they had the nerve to tell me that commas weren't suppose to be used in a sentence. Thats when I started to feel sorry for them.

I just ignored them, but what would you have done in this situation when there is nothing but improper grammar floating around? If their intentions were to give me a headache, they succeeded. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:24 pm
I probably would have laughed at them. I mean type it out and then shown them up. Or maybe i would have laughed and then loged off into another server.  

Gabriel Lord of Flame

-Manawhal-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:14 pm
I would have said, "How long did it take you to learn a four letter word?"
Then said something like, "You make me laugh. I encourage you to continue."
Then I would have laughed at them. xDDD;;

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:07 pm
I would have logged out.

Admittedly, (sp?) I am one to lose my temper easliy at times, so I just walk away.  

Patron with a Mission

Error Access Denied

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:53 pm
-Wife Miss Snape-

xd Why, thank you for that suggestion. I should do that next time I get the chance to at another illiterate bimbo. whee  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:38 am
-Wife Miss Snape-

I especially like this suggestion! I think you did the best you could. They obviously aren't worth the time of day to bother with.  

Amaya84

Error Access Denied

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:12 am
raineoftears
-Wife Miss Snape-

I especially like this suggestion! I think you did the best you could. They obviously aren't worth the time of day to bother with.

I agree. That suggestion really made my day. blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:40 pm
Send them a random picture with the words, 'YOU FAIL!', on it in really big letters.
That's what I would do. :3

-SinRepentRepeat-

[ Echoing ][ Palaver ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:53 am
Wow. xD

I'd laugh.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:06 pm
What kind of game were you playing? I would've kicked them or something. xp  

The Shoe Pile

Fuku Taichou

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:21 pm
I've never had something like that happen to me, so it makes me wonder what kind of game you were playing. Still, when people act that way, I guess it's because they have nothing better to do. If I was in your situation, I probably would have just said some things initially, and once I realized what they were up to, ignored them. Plus, most games have an "ignore" feature that allows you to block players that are harassing you.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:46 pm
dameonmac5918
I would have logged out.

Admittedly, (sp?) I am one to lose my temper easliy at times, so I just walk away.
I'd have to agree with you. I lose my temper when insulted and do anything I possibly can to piss the rest of the world off. biggrin

In this situation, I would have gone with the "Do you even know how to spell the word 'school'?" And laughed, also.

Kairi_12

Error Access Denied

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:59 pm
I was playing vMTV's Pimp My Ride game. If you would like to check it out, just make sure you have internet explorer and just go to www.vmtv.com. It should take you to the right spot, I hope. blaugh

Edit: Its sort of like the Gaia towns, except more advanced. lol  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:18 pm
I would avoid going to a place like that. The insanity of chatspeak would kill me.  

Ellenl

bushy_haired_freak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:54 pm
Hm. I'd feel sad for them. They're suffering from extreme ignorance. The essence of stupidity. sad
And then I'd laugh. wink

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces