Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Wiccan names? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ghost Tears

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:05 am
On some other guilds, I saw people talking about their Magical names or their Wiccan names.

What are these?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:13 pm
Well, Wiccan names are basically just names that you give yourself when you are in ritual. At least that's the definition I've heard. Some say you shouldn't tell people your magickal name, or you can. Just depends what you believe in.  

Tari_Leralonde

LadySorcha

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:15 pm
Wiccan or Crafts names are like an alter-ego, a name you give to yourself or that is given to you upon your Wiccaning or your Dedication that is used in ritual to identify you before the God and Goddess. It's a lot like a Christening, in that you are placed before your deities and then you are bestowed with a new name, one by which They will recognize you.

People born into Pagan families often recieve their crafts names from their parents, since a child's Wiccaning is generally done around one or two years old. People who come to this path in the later parts of their lives often have a Wiccaning and a Dedication together, and receive their craft names then. You can pick a name for yourself, or find one through meditation. One of my covenmates received her name through the meditation of another witch in the coven who had a vision of her true name. There are many ways to come to it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:44 am
I have heard said that you have two names (well, three if you count the one your parents gave you). One is you craft name which you can make your self and change until you find the right one, and you can let others know what that name is. The second is one that it given to you by the Divine and should only be used in private. Only to be known by you and the Goddess and God.  

Foxmore

LadySorcha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:08 pm
Foxmore
The second is one that it given to you by the Divine and should only be used in private. Only to be known by you and the Goddess and God.

That's true. That's often referred to as your "true name" (shades of the Sweeps series, I know, but it's true), and it's meant to be between you and the Divine only. Many come to their true names by meditation and divination, though some may never find their true names at all. sad  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:15 am
well to the gods i am simply myself, but i do have a craft name that i found through working with the runes.  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

SageRaventree

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:12 pm
Sage Raventree is my Craft name and for a long time I kept it secret, but then I decided to be proud and let everyone hear it. I also have a name I gave myself that truly is secret, that I use only silently while conversing with the Gods. You may consider this also, even though creating two names is difficult.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:53 am
my wiccan name was acctually given to me by my best friend. Rose of May (rose for short) but i have a true name...the name of my higher spirit. that one i have told very few.  

Rose_of_May

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:38 pm
the name that i recieved through the runes is lagaz ravenskin  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:28 pm
My public Craft name is Onikara Nightshade. I haven't discovered if I have a secret one yet. I need to learn more on meditating.  

Onikara Nightshade

Diana_Moon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:50 am
I haven't come up with a Wiccan name yet...its something that takes time and meditation.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:05 pm
My public wiccan name is plain, & because of how plain it is, it's kind of weird; The Boy. Don't know private one, & with my lack of focus while sitting still, I don't think I'll ever find it. Any other ideas for meditation?  

Demetrius Plateau

Gimonavid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:55 am
My Craft name is Moon Sage. I haven't found one for James yet. I think I'll let him get his on his own, but he's a bit young to be taught meditation. 3 year olds don't like to sit still for long. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:24 pm
I had a fancy to use breia as my craft name once. now im just not sure. (as in brigid)  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

Dragoness Arleeana

Eloquent Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:13 am
My craft name is Shalandriel Dragonsblood, though I don't really use it too often, just in my BOS pretty much.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games