Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
Half Blood Prince Discussion (Spoilers like WOAH) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ayameroxs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:52 am
What did you guys think of Half Blood Prince in general? Personally I liked it and I think it is my favorite of the series so far. I was really sad at the end, I just didn't believe it was true. I'm still having trouble believeing it! What did you guyst think?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:10 pm
It was good... The lack of confrontation with Malfoy was a nice change, I think, although the times when they did clash were bloody. Literally.

What'd you think of Slughorn? Personally, I like him. First Slytherin I've liked, too. He's a bit of a weak character, but he grew on me. razz  

Magenta Platypus

ceebee skank

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:48 pm
I agree Slughorn was boring in the beginning, but when the book progressed he got better. I especially like when slughorn and Hagrid got drunk that was hillarious. I can't believe he was slytherin he seemed like a nice character.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:28 pm
I thought this was the best book so far and it was really well written. I was happy to see that Harry and Ginny got together finally after so many years. To be honest when I read that Dumbledore died I started to cry, I was in complete SHOCK! I also found that my burning HATE for Snape and the Ministry has grown because of this book, I always knew that Snape was bad! I can't believe what Snape did!  

covo

Magenta Platypus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:37 pm
I know! I never would've guess Snape would do that! mad  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:03 am
kluckster
I agree Slughorn was boring in the beginning, but when the book progressed he got better. I especially like when slughorn and Hagrid got drunk that was hillarious. I can't believe he was slytherin he seemed like a nice character.

I think that Slughorn was a very belivible Slytherin. I mean all the nice things he does are for his own benifit in the long run. Except for giving harry the memory, though he probably wasn't thinking straight at the time seeing as he was hammered. The Slytherin have a nack for looking out for themselves rather then others around them, just look at all the Slytherins we know. Snape was oviously looking out for himself. Malfoy was to, the only reason he went along with things is that he wouldn't be killed. Althought he did show concern for his family as well. And then we have good old Tom. He doesn't do a thing unless it is for himself.  

skygee

ceebee skank

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:45 am
skygee
kluckster

I think that Slughorn was a very belivible Slytherin. I mean all the nice things he does are for his own benifit in the long run. Except for giving harry the memory, though he probably wasn't thinking straight at the time seeing as he was hammered. The Slytherin have a nack for looking out for themselves rather then others around them, just look at all the Slytherins we know. Snape was oviously looking out for himself. Malfoy was to, the only reason he went along with things is that he wouldn't be killed. Althought he did show concern for his family as well. And then we have good old Tom. He doesn't do a thing unless it is for himself.

true, good points.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:06 pm
The sixth was probably one of my favorites. But I still think the Prisoner of Azkaban is still the best.

Anyway, I had a hard time believing Snape was evil. I'm not sure if he is truly on the dark side though. I think that Dumbledore will be remembered very fondly by Harry in the future, and in his final confrontation with Voldemort. Slughorn was rather boring in the beginning, but he did become a bigger character, and better as the story progressed. I still don't really like him though...  

AtreeX

Salty Cat

AtreeX

Salty Cat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:08 pm
Oh, and I also liked the pairing of Harry and Ginny. It was sad when they broke up. crying I also loved when Ron and Hermione started to show feelings towards eachother. Yay! I'm a Ron and Hermione supporter, heh.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:29 pm
I liked it. I still think Snape is good. Have y'all ever read this? I didn't really like Slughorn too much at the beginning, but later on in the story I started to like him a little more. I LOVED the Ginny and Harry pairing. I thought it was so cute. ^^;  

EricaRae

Gaian

non642

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:58 am
kluckster
skygee
kluckster

true, good points.

I liked that they showed a nicer Slytherin. It helps to show that every group can have its good and bad members. And not all of the qualities of Slytherins are necessarily bad. Having ambition and determination are good things. As Dumbledore has pointed out, Harry has many qualities that are admired by Slytherins. It all comes down to how the individual uses those qualities.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:08 pm
ChibiErica
I liked it. I still think Snape is good. Have y'all ever read this? I didn't really like Slughorn too much at the beginning, but later on in the story I started to like him a little more. I LOVED the Ginny and Harry pairing. I thought it was so cute. ^^;

YAY! blaugh I agree! Snape's not evil! I thought that even before I read that but once I read it (about a month a go) I was convinced. 3nodding  

Lasanna

ElvenPrincess977
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:16 pm
I thought that it was a very good book one of the best in the series. I hate snape ******** basterd!! evil  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:00 am
ChibiErica

wow! a lot of the stuff there makes a lot of sense! especially the part about the polyjuice potion! i can actually believ dumbledore isnt dead!  

Eikothewerewolf

non642

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:48 am
I think Dumbledore is really dead. It is the tragic event that will push the characters forward and shows the consequences of war  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff