Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
The "What's Your Newest Project?" Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:55 am
Just looking over the forums, I keep seeing people mention "Oh, I'm starting this" or "Boy would I like to start that"

So why not make a topic where everyone could post what their current project is?

Who knows? We all might be inspired to make one!

My currents?

On the needles: the sleeve for a knit in the round pullover unisex polo sweater.

Otherwise: I'm carving the handle of a longhunter's knife that I riveted this summer  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:10 pm
Carving the handle of a knife?? That's pretty sweet!!! biggrin

I've been working on 2 blankets with the hook ~ one for my friend & her baby, and one I think I'm going to give to my gramma. I haven't really been in the craftin' mood with the heat lately, though.

I also started working on a plushie doll a lil bit ago ~ I have yet to finish her up & make some clothes for her smile

Ska Hippie

Mangolyn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:20 pm
A driftwood incense burner, an Ugly Scarf for a friend, and drawing out my next knitting projects. Oh, and making my room functional and still not ugly, if it's possible. But that doesn't count.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:49 pm
I'm working on making a lolita dress for my girlfriend (an on-going project... may even get done one of these days) making a couple more tops for myself (almost done with those) and i'm about to start a teddy bear for my girlfriend for her birthday.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

selenitrope

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:45 pm
I'm doing some silk ribbon embroidery on a pretty white shirt I got recently. 1/2 done, and it looks pretty good so far.

And an amigurumi plushie of Q-chan from Petshop of Horrors (the manga).  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:29 pm
Heh, yeah, our show and tell threads kind of died, didn't they?

I am continuing to work slowly and surely on a lace-esque shawl (I lost patience with the pattern and made up my own). I'm working slower than I normally would, because it's going to be quite large and won't fit on my straight needles. I ordered a set of Addi turbo circulars, but they were supposed to be here over three days ago. I'm beginning to get a little annoyed....I'd like them before I have to go back to Ohio--I'd hate to have to ask the person I'm staying with to ship them too me.

I just got an idea for a sweater into my head this afternoon, so I'm going to sketch that up, too.  

knitting_needle_ninja

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:14 pm
I'm working on Gryffindor Socks for my Hogwarts Sock Swap partner. I just finished my first sock (which I hand dyed with self striping... stripes) and I'm going to try and get my "extra credit" project started for some House Points. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:36 pm
I'd like to start embroidering. 3nodding
Though, I have no idea where to start...  

Sugar Bandit

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:41 pm
Knitting: Scarf
Sewing: L plushie, occasionally playing with my felt, and....Mini Mikinsu doll for my buddy (Mikuru_Moe and I think Mikinsu on here)
Other: Drawing more pages of "The Adventures of Mikinsu Higurashi" for Mi-kun (mentioned above)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:00 am
making a shirt that is both knit, and sewn... I'm hoping it come's out the way it is in me head.

I allso need to learn how to make a pair of pant's, with zipper and all... I'm looking at art college's to learn fashion edign, so thing's like that are a 'must know'.  

Lee Kushrenada

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:41 am
I'm working on a scarf for my mom, a trinket box for myself, and I'm working out the design for a white wrap demi sweater, based on the one in Stitch'n'b***h Nation.
Oh, and I'm still working on my grandmother's quilt.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:03 am
I'm doing Quidditch socks, except in non-Hogwarts colors. It's pretty cute so far, except the foot of it is HUGE.

But it's my first sock, I guess mistakes are kind of expected.

User Image  

Mildred Pierce

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:12 pm
Currently working on:
  • Baby socks for a fellow Gaia, based on the International Socks of Doom.
  • Garter stitch shawl in Adriafil's Stars (which I think they discontinued crying )
  • sampler scarf in purple acrylic, so my husband can pick his stitch pattern for his scarf
  • The Goomba sweater is still OTN sweatdrop
  • And when I want a break from the needles, I'm doing another "Know Your Mushrooms" afghan in crochet.

And that doesn't count the projects I want to start. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:19 pm
Works in progress:

Knitting: Modified socks of doom for bigger feet using 60 CO stitches. I'm nearly at the toe of my second sock.
Knitting: I started trying out a pattern using some left over yarn at my moms place and it turned out really nice. It's a bit short for a scarf so I'm not sure what to do with it when I'm done. There's only that skein of yarn and I'm not even sure what kind of yarn it is...

Sewing: A needle roll for my sisters birthday. I've got all the parts cut and hemmed and now I need to sew lots and lots of slots for her knitting needles and other knitting things. I'm going to make two rows of pockets for maximum storage capacity.

Upcoming projects:

I want to knit a pair of pomatous (sp?) socks. I've got the yarn and I've casted on, but I don't count them as a WIP yet since I haven't been working on them...

I'd also like to sew a bag or something to hold my knitting needles and works in progress. Plastic bags are not a good idea since the needles keep poking holes in them. And they're ugly razz

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Kitsaria

Beloved Friend

5,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:03 pm
Lets see I'm making "greanie"s(pronounced green-y (as if we can't tell XD)) for myself and several friends. Must buy another cone of cotton yarn. (btw granny square + beanie = greanie)

experimenting dyeing said greanies with coffee. First one came out a nice caramel color. And for those who don't already know this, over-dyeing acrylic doesn't work so good.

knitting an alien illusion scarf from SnB for my dad with acrylic yarns, he's allergic to wool. I have two of six aliens done. Yay! 2/3 finished! biggrin

crocheting a granny square blanket for my half of a king sized bed. (long story short, summer = ac on always, hubby always hot, hubby turns of fan, my half of the bed directly under ac vent, hubby and I refuse to swap sides of the bed, now I'm always cold, so I make blanket. XD) so far I have 35 of 98(112) squares finished. Depending on how the yarn supply holds out the finished dimensions will be either 35x70(98 squares) or 40x70(112 squares). xd

Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff