Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Does crocheting granny squares reflect your age? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sonicrunner001

Fashionable Friend

9,025 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:00 pm
Does doing granny squares, or having clothing done with granny squares reflect old age, or does it suggest you are older than you really are?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:31 pm
I don't think so I love granny square stuff. It's the first thing I asked my mom to show me how to crochet.  

asbeautyfaded

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:52 pm
hunny, I was out of high school at 40, there's no such thing. I would love to learn how to make a granny L7. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:15 am
I guess it depends, like so much of craftin', on what you do with the granny squares, and the genreal style. I mean, if you're using red-heart to make technicolored granny sqaures with embroidered daisies and assemble them into vests, that may seem a little old.
However, if you use them to make a darling little clutch, or a tres chic throw for your bed, or something like that, 'tis cool, not dated (or dating).  

Blue-eyes-green

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:58 am
Granny square is just a name.

If you wanna be a hippie, granny squares are n even for vests. If not, Blue-eyes-green is right - they're chic on alot of other objects.

I started crocheting granny squares at the ripe old age of 21. I don't think it's biologically possible to be a grandmother at that age. I'm probably wrong on that, but I don't wanna know.....)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:26 pm
I'm 20, and do you have any idea how many granny square afghans I've made?

...granted, I donated all but one to nursing homes... sweatdrop  

knitting_needle_ninja

sonicrunner001

Fashionable Friend

9,025 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:09 pm
I was about 16-17 when I made my granny sqaure afghan. It was actually the second thing my mom taught me how to crochet.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:50 pm
I learned to crochet when I was nine, and granny squares were the first thing I learned.

I think all told, I've made about a dozen afghans, and donated all of them except the big one, which I used for years and is now a cat bed.  

knitting_needle_ninja

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:31 pm
knitting_needle_ninja
I learned to crochet when I was nine, and granny squares were the first thing I learned.

I think all told, I've made about a dozen afghans, and donated all of them except the big one, which I used for years and is now a cat bed.

Funny enough one of the first granny square afghans I crocheted I looked my cat straight in the eye and told him he could have it... and he still owned up to the darn thing as his bed. >.<  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:32 am
I've made granny squares for one project when I was about 28, still too young to be a grandma. Most of the projects I've seen that are made with granny squares don't appeal to me.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Kumiko21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:27 am
i would have to agree with everyone else, granny squares do not...i repeat DO NOT reflect old age. keep up the good work ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:38 pm
I love the granny squares but the concept can be carried further. I've made many GIANT granny square afghans for many family and friends. I never could figure out how to put them together before so I just kept adding more and more rows. I've done them for people of all ages( I just varied the color schemes) and they all seem to love them.  

a work of art

Maimy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:08 am
Giant granny square = super easy baby blanket :3 I'm 19 and I love them!!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:29 pm
I think granny squares are awesome and I am only twenty-five!  

Rune and Raccoon

Questionable Cutesmasher

12,750 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

sonicrunner001

Fashionable Friend

9,025 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:54 am
Thank you all for responding! I didn't know that i was starting such a funny conversation. (than again I kinda knew, I was bored when i posed the question.)  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff