Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Which one should I put in my team? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iOath

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:04 pm
User Image

A Lucario or a Gallade? I don't know which ones better.
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:16 pm
I like Gallade better but that's my opinion. You'd be better off with Lucario.

moonangel28

16bit-Plumber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:17 pm
O.o is this a real question keep lucario
Speed + power  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:18 pm
List the rest of your team.  

Jonnnn

iOath

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:21 pm
User Image

uh...Garchomp, Dragonite, Empoleon, Charizard, and Houndoom.
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:26 pm
I'd say Gallade. Lucario is a more commonly seen pokemon, so more people will have means to deal with it on there teams. Not to mention Lucario ias a x4 weakness to Ground, which you'll find at least one or two pokemon on a team with a really good ground move. So Lucario is normally a sure OHKO if it's hit with ground moves.

Gallade, is weak to Flying, and Ghost, but both only by x2, flying and ghost aren't as common as Ground, and when they are, the pokemon that have them are normally easier to guess, so you can be safe and pull Gallade out, for future use.

Gallade might have a slight disadvantage in Speed, 22 points, with an Advantageous nature in Speed, but overall, you can probably get more use out of Gallade, but that's my opinion.

Not to mention Gallades got Lucario on Attack by 33 points with an Advantageous nature for Strength.  

neogoth

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:35 pm
X4 weakness to ground? I don't think fighting types were weak to ground attacks...

Anyways, Gallade would be the better choice in terms of diversifying types, since Lucario and Empoleon share the steel type weaknesses.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:41 pm
You never sacrifice Speed for power
and him having a dragonite and charizard (kinda) knocks out his weakness against ground...and lucario has more resistance than gallade

despite how you feel about it being over used it is the best choice  

16bit-Plumber

16bit-Plumber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:42 pm
he should get rid of houndoom or empoleon..if he wasnt diversity  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:45 pm
16bit-Plumber
and him having a dragonite and charizard (kinda) knocks out his weakness against ground...and lucario has more resistance than gallade

Given a persons Opinion, best choices vary. The best choice, also depends on what he plans on doing with said pokemon.

And I look at things differently, the slight lack of speed, is a crutch yes, but in the other area's Gallade has a better look. It has a better Sp. defense, which is good for Ghost attacks done to it, even though Ghost attacks aren't common. The flying will probably serve the same as Ground on Lucario yes, but flying is still seen less often then Ground moves.

The way I see it, Gallade can give you a better run in a battle then a Lucario against someone who knows what they're doing.  

neogoth

iOath

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:49 pm
neogoth
16bit-Plumber

Given a persons Opinion, best choices vary. The best choice, also depends on what he plans on doing with said pokemon.

And I look at things differently, the slight lack of speed, is a crutch yes, but in the other area's Gallade has a better look. It has a better Sp. defense, which is good for Ghost attacks done to it, even though Ghost attacks aren't common. The flying will probably serve the same as Ground on Lucario yes, but flying is still seen less often then Ground moves.

The way I see it, Gallade can give you a better run in a battle then a Lucario against someone who knows what they're doing.
User Image

What i'm Planning on doing with it is...BEATING 16BIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And...Maybe if I EV train Gallade in speed then it'll be a little better.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:55 pm
Raikage Ittetsu Uchiha
neogoth
16bit-Plumber

User Image

What i'm Planning on doing with it is...BEATING 16BIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And...Maybe if I EV train Gallade in speed then it'll be a little better.

User Image

If your perfectly train the pokemon, I still strongly suggest Gallade, slight speed drop from Lucario or not. I see it being of more use.  

neogoth

Kunx990 the Roaming Bard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:22 pm
n00b = Lucario

Pro = Gallade

Ultra Pro = Machamp

Pfye = Breloom  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:33 pm
Kunx990 the Roaming Bard
n00b = Lucario

Pro = Gallade

Ultra Pro = Machamp

Pfye = Breloom
It's got spore. An auto sleep will induce switching (or staying in), in either case you can freely unleash a STAB'd Focus Punch. Breloom is totally OU.

My fighter type of choice would have to be Hitmonchan. His special defense isn't as pitiful as some, and its new ability makes it all the more awesome. And it's still UU/BL.  

Pyfe

Kunx990 the Roaming Bard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:42 pm
Pyfe
Kunx990 the Roaming Bard
n00b = Lucario

Pro = Gallade

Ultra Pro = Machamp

Pfye = Breloom
It's got spore. An auto sleep will induce switching (or staying in), in either case you can freely unleash a STAB'd Focus Punch. Breloom is totally OU.

My fighter type of choice would have to be Hitmonchan. His special defense isn't as pitiful as some, and its new ability makes it all the more awesome. And it's still UU/BL.

Your still pretty much the only person I can think of that would use Breloom or Hitmonchan.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff