Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Wiccan and goth Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

i-- M a r i e --i

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:52 pm
Why do some poeple think goth and wicca matches? Wicca adores the light and Goths, they just like the dark.Sometimes i think they're seeking sensation ((not all of them)).Sure you dress goth, fine with me, but the 'lifestyle' and then also be wiccan?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:20 pm
i-- M a r i e --i
Why do some poeple think goth and wicca matches? Wicca adores the light and Goths, they just like the dark.Sometimes i think they're seeking sensation ((not all of them)).Sure you dress goth, fine with me, but the 'lifestyle' and then also be wiccan?

What the hell are you talking about? XD Seeking sensation?

Goth isn't all about liking the dark. And Wicca has nothing to do with the light...

And I think pagans believe the color black absorbs magic, much like sunlight, and they wear black more or something. I dunno. I read that somewhere or another...  

Ether-Eating Eskimo

Mopy McMope

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:22 pm
People equate them because they don't understand either.
People think Wicca is all about dark magic, and goths are dark, so therefore they must be the same thing.
Hooray for narrow minded stereotyping.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:26 pm
_PsychoPathic-Tend3ncies_
i-- M a r i e --i

What the hell are you talking about? XD Seeking sensation?

Goth isn't all about liking the dark. And Wicca has nothing to do with the light...

And I think pagans believe the color black absorbs magic, much like sunlight, and they wear black more or something. I dunno. I read that somewhere or another...

People think that because that is how we are portrayed in film and television. I'm pagan and to be honest, I know more Pagans that dress in blue jeans and T-shirts than any sort of goth style. The way a pagan dresses is all personal choice. You are just as likely to find a pagan wearing bright pink and white as you are to find one wearing black. The color black negative energy and negative magic. Magic/wicca/paganism/witchcraft is about balance. If you find a wiccan or a pagan saying that they are all light and happiness then they are new to the path and have no idea what they're doing yet.  

Lady Detarra

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:23 pm
From what I've heard, the film "The Craft" was a pretty icky factor in the public's unfortunate goth-black-magic ideas.
I haven't really seen the movie myself, but I think I may give it a rental sometime.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:12 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
From what I've heard, the film "The Craft" was a pretty icky factor in the public's unfortunate goth-black-magic ideas.
I haven't really seen the movie myself, but I think I may give it a rental sometime.
Oh I remember that movie!It was kinda stupid in my opinion.  

Awesome Akwardness

Free the immortal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:16 pm
Blackrose Kaire
-Resurrected Writer-
that movie was retarted  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:28 pm
stark espada1
Blackrose Kaire
-Resurrected Writer-
that movie was retarted
I liked the ending though "I can fly I can fly!" or something...I can't remember sweatdrop  

Awesome Akwardness

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:48 pm
I haven't either, and I also want to see it (for information, not entertainment).  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:56 pm
This discussion has shifted...  

Toasterladd

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:10 pm
i-- M a r i e --i

Honest to god- no idea what you're on about.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:56 am
69GothGirl6969
People think Wicca is all about dark magic, and goths are dark, so therefore they must be the same thing.
I agree.I know serious, grown up wiccans , and they DO adore the light.To be able to help others, you yourself need to be in harmony with yourself.No they don't worship it, but i sometimes think poeple are only interested in being wiccan,because it is called "being a witch" emo  

i-- M a r i e --i

Lady Detarra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:06 pm
i-- M a r i e --i
69GothGirl6969
I agree.I know serious, grown up wiccans , and they DO adore the light.To be able to help others, you yourself need to be in harmony with yourself.No they don't worship it, but i sometimes think poeple are only interested in being wiccan,because it is called "being a witch" emo

In all reality its just called being wiccan. Not all wiccans are witches and not all witches are wiccan. Wiccans practice wicca, witches practice witchcraft. Hell I get pissed off when I get called wiccan. I'm a witch and so very far from wiccan. Wow I need to shut up I know. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:08 pm
Lady Detarra
i-- M a r i e --i
69GothGirl6969

In all reality its just called being wiccan. Not all wiccans are witches and not all witches are wiccan. Wiccans practice wicca, witches practice witchcraft. Hell I get pissed off when I get called wiccan. I'm a witch and so very far from wiccan. Wow I need to shut up I know. sweatdrop

lol...you speak the truth though. and there are thousands of ways to practice magic and adore the light...but you've got to understand what "light" really is and that it has nothing to do with shadows...(which of course makes no sense to anyone). I'm Christian, goth, have my own magic, love the Light and live in shadow. Puzzle that one out.  

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200

i-- M a r i e --i

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:32 am
Lady Detarra
i-- M a r i e --i
69GothGirl6969

XD Actually, from what's told to me, witches are wiccan and the other way around.So could you explain your statement by Wikipedia or something?  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff