Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
EV training question Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

16bit-Plumber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:04 pm
sweatdrop yeah it's true... I need help AGAIN This time with Ev training...
I thought i mastered this but it seems I didn't.

So here to update,when i use to EV train I would use a macho brace and Pokerus which would have an equation of 2(2*x) "X" being the amount of EV points i would be getting.
But recently I got a hold on some power item.

now i need this t be cleared up how much does power items increase your EVs by? I heard it was +4..then i heard it was +6.

and how is it added? do it the item point get multiplied by pokerus then adds the EVs? (2*4) + X
or is it the power items point plus the EVs times the Pokerus 2 (X + 4)?
lol i'm bad at math

and how much pokemon would i have to kill to get 252 EV in that stat if i was getting 2 EV point from one pokemon?

how much would it be if i was getting 1 EV point from that pokemon?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:10 pm
on topic- the stars are for: beating e4, beating 1 master rank contest, catching all pokemans, getting 50 flags in underground, and winning 100 straight in BT

off topic - which team are you going to be in for the interguild wifi league? You can be on the A team ((the decepticons)) for this guild, the B team ((unnammed) for this guild, or you can be with D/P.  

nitnit
Captain

16bit-Plumber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:13 pm
nitnit
on topic- the stars are for: beating e4, beating 1 master rank contest, catching all pokemans, getting 50 flags in underground, and winning 100 straight in BT

off topic - which team are you going to be in for the interguild wifi league? You can be on the A team ((the decepticons)) for this guild, the B team ((unnammed) for this guild, or you can be with D/P.
oh so i did get the star for the master rank..lol thought i needed all 5 for that

and was for the team thing i has to look at that thread to see which on is better,I've been lazy and avoiding it sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:14 pm
I want to be on a team...when I get my porygon2 to evolve...tomorrow can't come fast enough(using GTS glitch)  

Muleferdan

16bit-Plumber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:17 pm
if you want to evole your prygon useing the GTS atrade a psyduck for a ponyta..there are loads of them

and nitnit..I guess i will be on your team since you already saved a spot for me,lol  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:18 pm
Tommorow I'll be holding tryouts for the B team.

Plumber, I need to know if you want A, B, or D/P  

nitnit
Captain

16bit-Plumber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:19 pm
nitnit
Tommorow I'll be holding tryouts for the B team.

Plumber, I need to know if you want A, B, or D/P

team A of course..that way i dont have to go against you guys  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:28 pm
I wants to be a decepticon!!! whee Theyre my favorite.....  

Solar IXI

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:25 pm
16bit-Plumber
sweatdrop yeah it's true... I need help again but this time it's on a subject i can't solve without help.

my question to you is which is better Wise glasses or Expert Belt?

Also to prevent future recycled help topics by me,does anyone know a website that has item information? It can't be serebii, because serebii fails me when it comes to that.

this thread will go away after all my question is answered

Both have the same multiplier (1.1x), so, for a special Pokémon, use Wise Glasses. For a mixed Pokémon, you might consider Expert Belt, though.

And, for a site, may I suggest Bulbapedia? The articles aren't always complete, but they are accurate and comprehensive.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:35 pm
I would suggest Wise Glasses unless your Pokemon has four moves of types that have a ton of strengths. Using the Expert Belt is sorta hoping that you'll have a good move against your opponent.  

tyranisneasel

16bit-Plumber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:28 pm
darkslasherX
16bit-Plumber
sweatdrop yeah it's true... I need help again but this time it's on a subject i can't solve without help.
Also to prevent future recycled help topics by me,does anyone know a website that has item information? It can't be serebii, because serebii fails me when it comes to that.

Both have the same multiplier (1.1x), so, for a special Pokémon, use Wise Glasses. For a mixed Pokémon, you might consider Expert Belt, though.
And, for a site, may I suggest Bulbapedia? The articles aren't always complete, but they are accurate and comprehensive.
so expert belt is the better choice because i have fly on it..but..it only boost when i hit with a super effective..so wise glasses would be better...

my head hurts  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:41 pm
16bit-Plumber
darkslasherX
16bit-Plumber

so expert belt is the better choice because i have fly on it..but..it only boost when i hit with a super effective..so wise glasses would be better...

my head hurts

Wise glasses if he only has special moves, Expert belt if he has good type coverage and a mix of special moves and physical moves.
Wise Glasses only boost special attacks
Expert belt boosts either physical or special attacks by the same amount, but the attack being used in order to get the boost must be super effective to get the boost. So if you aren't super effective with any of your moves no gain comes from the expert belt.  

Dwlr

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

16bit-Plumber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:50 pm
TheBasementDweller
16bit-Plumber
darkslasherX
16bit-Plumber

my head hurts

Wise glasses if he only has special moves, Expert belt if he has good type coverage and a mix of special moves and physical moves.
Expert belt boosts either physical or special attacks by the same amount, but the attack being used in order to get the boost must be super effective to get the boost. So if you aren't super effective with any of your moves no gain comes from the expert belt.
wise glasses is the better choice..to often i find myself fighting pokemon that i don't have Super effective moves against..
like right now my charizard was fighting a Gyrados and none of my move could stop it. I posted my move set above  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:56 pm
16bit-Plumber
TheBasementDweller
16bit-Plumber
darkslasherX
16bit-Plumber

my head hurts

wise glasses is the better choice..to often i find myself fighting pokemon that i don't have Super effective moves against..
like right now my charizard was fighting a Gyrados and none of my move could stop it. I posted my move set above

With only one physical attack that covers few types in the super effective department, Wis Glasses is probably the much better choice.  

Dwlr

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

16bit-Plumber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:02 pm
3nodding yeah,my moves would of been much stronger with Wise glasses..thanks guys  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff