Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Rules Question Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

16bit-Plumber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:53 am
I was wondering will these rules be taken into effect for the guild V.S. Guild tourny

- Sleep Clause ((only 1 enemy to sleep at a time))

- Evasion Clause ((no intentional accuracy reducing or evasion increasing moves/items. Things like Acupressure on a shuckle, or sand veil as an ability don't count, but moves like double team, and items like bright powder do))

- "hax" items AKA Luck Items ((no items like quick claw/brightpowder etc))

- Species Clause ((only 1 of a pokemon on your team))

- Self Destruct / Self KO / Destiny Bond clause (if you use destiny bond and both of you only have one pokemon left,it's not a draw..you lose)

* No ubers, which (currently) are:
** Mewtwo
** Mew
** Wobbuffet
** Lugia
** Ho-Oh
** Wynaut
** Latias
** Latios
** Kyogre
** Groudon
** Rayquaza
** Deoxys (all forms)
** Dialga
** Palkia
** Giratina
** Manaphy
** Darkrai
** Arceus

Am I missing any others?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:55 pm
Yep  

Kunx990

Razz-Berry 9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:12 pm
Why are people so against Evaison and sleep I know there annoying but there Ok Moves A battle should be fighting and strategy taking away Evaison and Sleep losses a good bit of strategy.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:16 pm
!!Razz-berry!!9
Why are people so against Evaison and sleep I know there annoying but there Ok Moves A battle should be fighting and strategy taking away Evaison and Sleep losses a good bit of strategy.
Oathkeeper

Well it wouldn't be that fair if ALL your pokemon were asleep so the other person could just knock them all out would it? Or making one of your pokemon always miss.

Got it memorized?

iOath

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:59 pm
!!Razz-berry!!9

Because, baton passing evasion is pretty much broken ((meaning way to good)) used in the right hands. All it takes is 2 double teams, and you have only around only 60% chance of getting hit...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:06 am
nitnit
!!Razz-berry!!9

Because, baton passing evasion is pretty much broken ((meaning way to good)) used in the right hands. All it takes is 2 double teams, and you have only around only 60% chance of getting hit...
lol and your throw that on a Garchomp with bright powder and sand veil..i'll be like hitting a ghost  

16bit-Plumber

16bit-Plumber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:10 am
can use heatran in normal battles?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:33 am
It's not an uber, so yup.  

Giegue_Endymion

Sexually Dimorphic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:05 am
Wow, I'm not a fan of any of these rules (except the legendaries rule).

Why limit strategy? If you're complaining about someone evading too much or making your team sleep too much, aren't you just admitting you're jealous you can't do the same? These rules just make it a battle of sweepers, where's the fun in that?

And the species clause, what's the point?

Also, why is wobbuffet banned?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:30 am
All these rules seem ok except the Selfdestruct/Explosion/Destiny Bond thing.  

PhoenixBlade983

Kunx990

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:30 am
Sexy Toy, do you want to fight this?
Garchomp @ Brightpowder
Double Team
Earthquake
Crunch
Dragon Claw

Now 4 of them with the other two team being a Ninjask that ether Sword Dances or DTs also and a T-Tar to set up the Sandstorm?

Pheonix you want you tie a match because your opponent Bonded and killed your last Pokemon even though you killed it first?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:27 am
Kunx990
Sexy Toy, do you want to fight this?
Garchomp @ Brightpowder
Double Team
Earthquake
Crunch
Dragon Claw

Now 4 of them with the other two team being a Ninjask that ether Sword Dances or DTs also and a T-Tar to set up the Sandstorm?

Pheonix you want you tie a match because your opponent Bonded and killed your last Pokemon even though you killed it first?

Garchomp with brightpowder and sand veil(whie sandstorm is in play)
bring down moves with 100% acc. to 70%
now if you add on 6 double team a pokemon with 100% acc. now has 23% acc.

now..I don't know about you..but i only have one pokemon with a move that never misses  

16bit-Plumber

16bit-Plumber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:32 am
Make Me Your Sex Toy
Wow, I'm not a fan of any of these rules (except the legendaries rule).

Why limit strategy? If you're complaining about someone evading too much or making your team sleep too much, aren't you just admitting you're jealous you can't do the same? These rules just make it a battle of sweepers, where's the fun in that?

And the species clause, what's the point?

Also, why is wobbuffet banned?

Species cluase is there so you dont see 2 Garchomps in battle,it really means no douplicates

and wobbuffet..is King nuff said...I can take down and pokemon in one hit..any pokemon!!
You better pray your dark type know Sp.attacks
or your ghost has Physical attack  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:12 pm
Wobbuffet is banned because it has Shadow Tag as a ability. The battle would be virtually endless if two were stuck against eachother.  

Jonnnn

16bit-Plumber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:38 pm
Jonnnn
Wobbuffet is banned because it has Shadow Tag as a ability. The battle would be virtually endless if two were stuck against eachother.
that too..
lol i remeber when i was EV training at the lakes..and I ran into one...damn that pokemon can screw up Ev training  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff