Reply Adult Furries Guild
closet fur? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kittycat ghost

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:44 pm
i'm a closet fur... mostly because i don't know how my parents would react if they hear about it and i don't know if the other people at my school would tease me about it..

-_-  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:50 pm
I guess that depends if you are just a fan, or if this is a fetish for you.  

Selene Aries

kittycat ghost

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:13 pm
i guess it gets sorta obvious when i put a "Furry Pride" pic in my binder and hang furry art on my walls x3  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:12 pm
Reish
i guess it gets sorta obvious when i put a "Furry Pride" pic in my binder and hang furry art on my walls x3

Put me at a lost of how you are "closet" then. xd I also have no idea what "furry pride" is, one of those things I never understood. There is nothing to be proud about being a furry.

Selene Aries

Hunter Morda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:33 pm
Diana Vulpes
Reish

Put me at a lost of how you are "closet" then. xd I also have no idea what "furry pride" is, one of those things I never understood. There is nothing to be proud about being a furry.

Explain what gay pride is, I believe (but I could be wrong) that it's a similar concept.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:43 pm
I don't get gay pride either. Again, nothing to be proud about being gay. Neither is there anything to be being proud about being straight, bi or transsexual.

Be proud of who you are and your accomplishments in life, not the little things about your personality. That's just vanity.

Selene Aries

I lost my notebook

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:48 am
How can you be a closet fur? People tend to notice us from a mile and a half away. It's not something you can just hide like being gay or being Michal Jackson.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:25 pm
Silver_master
How can you be a closet fur? People tend to notice us from a mile and a half away. It's not something you can just hide like being gay or being Michal Jackson.

Have you taken a look at MJ's face? Thats pretty hard to mask.

And being a closet fur is basically the same concept as being a "closet" anything: Don't make it obvious. Most of my friends have no idea I'm a fur and I won't tell them unless they ask.  

SuckerPunch!

CerealKiller0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:47 pm
I'm a closet fur also. ^^; The only one who knows is my boyfriend because if anyone else knew they would mistake it for bestiality. -_-  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:35 am
I don't think its a big deal to hide. Its just part of who you are (sounds korny I know)and yes KORNY). I have art on my binder, shirts, bedroom walls, everywhere. Nothing to hide  

Bacent Rekkes

CaprinaePsi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:08 pm
Gay pride is really about being pride of being homosexual/bisexual. It's more about showing that you're not ashamed, and that you are a person who deserves the same rights as everyone else. That's what the pride parades are all about too, it's too show that yes, we are here, and yes, we are queer. not only that, but it's to remind people that in most states of the USA, we aren't considered people in the way straight people are considered people.

I would assume that furry pride works in the same way. It's too show that we are people, and we deserve not to be insulted for our interests.

As for me, I'm kind of a closet fur. My cousin knows that I'm a furry (in both parts of the fandom), and I think a friend of ours knows too, beyond that, though, no one off of Gaia knows I'm a furry. I guess I'll start showing it, by putting stuff on my binders and such. I'd have to be careful, though, cause I don't know if my parents know what furries are, and if they do, how they feel about us (them to my parents, as they don't know I am one).  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:28 pm
As I have said before, this concept of pride is pretty dumb. I am all for being yourself and not having to hide certain aspects of your life, because one should be proud of who they are and be damned what others might think. However, being proud of a particular aspect of yourself and flaunting it is rather vein, not to mention annoying.  

Selene Aries

CerealKiller0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:09 am
Diana Vulpes
As I have said before, this concept of pride is pretty dumb. I am all for being yourself and not having to hide certain aspects of your life, because one should be proud of who they are and be damned what others might think. However, being proud of a particular aspect of yourself and flaunting it is rather vein, not to mention annoying.

I think by saying fur/gay/straight/whatever pride it doesn't necessarily mean that they think its something to be proud of and flaunt, just that they aren't afraid to say that they are who they are. Thats how I see it at least.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:18 am
CerealKiller0

I think by saying fur/gay/straight/whatever pride it doesn't necessarily mean that they think its something to be proud of and flaunt, just that they aren't afraid to say that they are who they are. Thats how I see it at least.

That is just good old fashion pride in one's self. I do not see any point in giving any particular title that focuses on one aspect of their life.

Give me a shirt that simply says "Pride", or perhaps "Self Pride," and I shall wear it. Just as long as it doesn't have some silly little symbol on it.

Selene Aries

RavendorFoxx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:30 pm
I finally confessed my furriness to my parents. They're like "Yeah... we know..." whee Course, then I had to explain that I'm more therian than furry, but hey... I think I fall into both categories. WOOT!

But, yeah... until then, I was kinda hidden from telling anyone too. I wouldn't lie if someone asked, but I wouldn't start a conversation "Are you a furry?" xd That might be creepy, just a bit... whee  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff