Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Items!!
  +1
View Results

Exotic Kitty

Invisible Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:43 pm
No, this is not a contest..this is a thread in which discusses about Gaia's "Item Design Contest". I'm praising Gaia right now cause they finally decided on doing that..many of this year's items wasn't as great as the previous years so I guess they decided to make this contest. As of now I've only thought up of one idea, but it isn't the best idea I thought of. I was planning to join just to help gaia and see how my creation would work with other people on gaia.

-What do you think about this contest?
-Do you have any ideas? If so, what is it? (If you want to tell it that is)
-What kind of item do you think will win this contest? (As in if you have any specific themes and such)
-Why do you think Gaia decided to do this?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:09 am
This is like, the most awesome idea ever!!! Finally, gaia can finally see what we really want, what we are really interested in, and how to expand the gaian avatar system. This truly is an awesome oppurtninty and it couldn't have come at a better time. The last few months items have tanked. I am hoping that something very simple, colorful, and mythical in nature will win this contest. That would be awesome. I have no ideas of my own, and if I did they'd be kinda boring (Let's dress like nuns!). Maybe they could turn the winning item into a donation item. That would be awesome!  

Sparkle Hearts
Captain

Exotic Kitty

Invisible Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:18 pm
I think that's what gaia might do to the winner of the item design contest..turn it into a donation item. The one thing I think would be cool for the winner is that they can say to other people who go on gaia, "Oh yeah, remember ___(the name of the item)? I was the one who draw it and got the inspiration of it. Isn't it so cool??" And I can also (if they're a student) imagine them putting that in their college applications. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:36 pm
That would be so cool!

Is it just me or do some of the finalist kinda stink? The only one that I would really want to see on gaia would be the head-eye thingie. Now that looks pretty cool! The rest were kinda... bland in my taste.

Any thoughts?

Sparkle Hearts
Captain

Exotic Kitty

Invisible Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:23 pm
When I saw all of them, I didn't expect that all of the finalists weren't that 'creative' on the items..it was like more of the random side in a way. I would have preferred the sushi thing only because I have a nickname that relates to sushi. XDD  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:26 pm
Yeah I know what you guys mean. Some of the items there, well were all right I guess. Then again, I think it's a great idea that Gaia wants to know what people want. It's just that it's hard agreeing with everyone what exactly we want, since there's so many things.

Seeing the result of who won, ehhh well the item was all right. It just wasn't something I was going for. And I guess that's the hard part in deciding for some people when we don't want an item.

I kind of like last and this years items, not many of them were that bad.  

Shikomiso

Sparkle Hearts
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:22 pm
Some of the items this year were so-so. I was quite pleased with the french set though. mrgreen The little cyber-eye thing isn't really my style either, but out of all the items, it was my fav. It really is good that gaia is trying to be more active in the community and figure out what we want.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:32 pm
Sparkle Hearts
Some of the items this year were so-so. I was quite pleased with the french set though. mrgreen The little cyber-eye thing isn't really my style either, but out of all the items, it was my fav. It really is good that gaia is trying to be more active in the community and figure out what we want.

True true  

Shikomiso

Sparkle Hearts
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:06 pm
So what kinds of items do y'all want to see?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:37 pm
Hm...I'm kind of hoping something for the feet like I different style of shoes (can't remember which one) cause whenever I tektek something there's always something missing that I always want. Ohh and maybe a bit 'lolita' ish with their style, like more lacy dresses for the girls. And then for the guys..hm...no idea, but with the stuffs that tektek shows for the guys, it's very hard to style them...  

Exotic Kitty

Invisible Fatcat

Sparkle Hearts
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:47 pm
The guys have such bland clothing. I would love to see some more ornate clothing. Maybe a few colored veils? I would definatly love to see some lolita kinda things. Maybe a way for colored eyes?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:08 pm
That too, or maybe a different version of eyeglasses. The only great eyeglasses are the emo glasses, but at times I get so tired of putting that in my avi that I really want to see a different version of it.  

Exotic Kitty

Invisible Fatcat

Sparkle Hearts
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:04 pm
Ok! That holiday finalists are out! What's you alls favorite?

I agree with you Azul, that there is no really good glasses. I got really tired of my other shades. xp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:31 pm
Well I like many of them besides two if I remember correctly..one of them was the snowglobe thing...I feel like if that was going to happen that everyone would start having it..and I have weird feelings towards them that I can't explain. Gaia should create a pair of eyeglasses where you can change the frames and such...  

Exotic Kitty

Invisible Fatcat

Sparkle Hearts
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:22 pm
Maybe have an eyeglass store...  
The Lobby

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers