Reply Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Will you drop SSBM for SSBB? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:44 pm
Well, I think it's about time someone makes a topic in here.

So, my questions to you are:
When SSBB is released, will you continue to play SSBM?
Do you think SSBM will continue to be played competitively?

Well, I know I will still be playing SSBM, even if I do end up getting a Wii. As for SSBM being played competitively, I think it depends on how different SSBB is in controls/techniques. If it is vastly different, I think SSBM will still be played competitively. Many people probably wont want to take the skills they have built up in SSBM and throw it away for a new game. If it plays the same way, SSBM may just die out (or thats what I fear).  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:17 am
I think it's going to depend on how Brawl compares to melee. More to come later.  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:16 pm

I concur,
that's not really something I can decide on at this point.
I'm happy that Brawl allows the use of a GCN controller,
but there seem to be other changes to playing mechanics that will make it different.
But will those changes be for better or worse?
Only time shall tell.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:43 pm
I imagine it wont be too different, as the difference between GC/Wii is not as great as GC/N64.

that said, I'll play the hell out of brawl either way, but the local smash scene will determine if I play still play melee or not.  

Amazing-Ness287
Vice Captain

NekkyoMaster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:34 am
After Brawl comes out, I'll probably play Melee less, but I won't stop. I mean, every now and then I pick up the original smash bros and play still.

Besides, if I want to play as a character that got dropped or something, I can just throw the disk in the Wii.

As for competitive play... I dunno.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:12 pm
Did people keep playing Halo when Halo 2 came out? Not really (except for the PC version). I think I'm one of the few people who will keep playing SSBM.  

oldschool_gamer

Xayuh

Hilarious Genius

4,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:39 am
depends on how well brawl is. i might not play melee anymore if its realy good =P  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:14 am
Game's not out yet. Too early to decide.  

Sio

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:28 pm
It honestly depends. I'll always play Brawl over Melee, but if there's the lack of my favorite characters, then I'll still play Melee now and then. But there'd really be no need for me to play it if the new game had everything I wanted plus some new stuff I wasn't expecting.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:13 pm
I'm probably not going to play Melee that often once I get Brawl.
The people that play melee religiously will most likely stick with melee, unless everyone else switches to Brawl, because they wouldn't have any tournaments to enter.  

MONKIE LAD

Talwar126

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:19 pm
oldschool_gamer
Did people keep playing Halo when Halo 2 came out? Not really (except for the PC version). I think I'm one of the few people who will keep playing SSBM.

Poor example. When Halo 2 came out, it did little to change the gameplay of Halo 1. The same can be said about the transition from Halo 2 to Halo 3. While there is a new game mode, the game hasn't changed drastically.

The problem in shifting from Melee to Brawl is that many of the advanced techniques could be cut since they might be considered "glitches" instead of intentional inclusions. One way or the other, I don't mind. I'll be very likely to drop Melee entirely to play Brawl. More characters, more intentional game mechanics and likely the same gameplay (with the exclusion of "glitches") means a better experience for me overall.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:48 pm
Well, yes, because my Melee has a scratch, and whenever I try to go to certain stages, or select certain characters (sorry, Game and Watch...) it'll say that the game disc could not be read... crying  

Pumpkinbot

areyouahappyplo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:43 pm
I probably will. I would have no reason to play Melee again, but I'd keep it as a collector.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:04 am
I will continue to never play Melee ever again.
I doubt it'll be continued to play competitively. Another game came out with a bad sequel (I forget which fighter it was), and the competitive scene died out until the next game came out.  

Tremere Lich

ness8

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:34 pm
i would play both just for the sake of me being in a smash crew that plays all of the series just so i know when i rock tournaments people will know my name for all three smash bros.  
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff