Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Archives
The Guild Votes! Current Issue: The Guild Newspaper Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:07 pm
Alright, I was curious if you guys think we should have a newspaper at all.

We have the subforum, but, quite frankly, nobody wants to submit any articles.

At best, we'll get a guild news update, and maybe a fanfic/game. We're lacking any good battling content, and even the before mentioned articles are rarely ever made.

If you guys submit more articles, I'd personally editor in chief it again.

Pros for Keeping ((this assumes that people submit articles))

- Members get to see what's going on guild wise
- The guild looks better to newcomers
- We can put in some cool battling articles to help newbies out in the world of competitive battling.

Pros for Getting rid of it

- Clears up that Subforum
- Potentially 1 less sticky ((although we haven't had a paper since like the third week >.>))

Also, unlike most votes, I'm not using the poll feature. If you want to vote, please make an actual post so I can see who's voting, and giving a reason is nice too. Besides, the poll feature tends to attract people who are rarely active, and just want some easy gaia gold.

I'm personally indifferent, If you guys want a paper, and will write stuff for it, I'll gladly keep the subforum and help you out with it. If you don't, then oh well, we'll have another reserved.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:12 pm
I actually like the idea of the guild newspaper, it offers those newcoming members a taste of what the guild is like and is generally a good resource to the older members.
It may be a good idea to spotlight one of the subforums every couple of issues to shine so light into the activities that go on. It probably would also be best if it was a monthly issue instead of a weekly one so we can have a small variety of articles when the deadline comes.
Thats at least what my opinion is. sweatdrop  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:54 am
I like the idea of a newspaper. I could write articles about battling, including good and bad strategy and movesets (for comparison), and maybe record some of my battles as content. Matter of fact, I could start piecing together an article right now.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:27 am
I vote to get rid of it. The active members know what it going on and can be easily updated by lurking moar or asking their friends. Lets be honest, no new member is really going to read it. Hell, we don't even get new members that will stay active.  

Jonnnn

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:32 pm
Darkslasher - you do realize that we've had a subforum for a newspaper since the guild was made... just nobody posted many articles xp  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:47 pm
I vote for it to stay... sweatdrop
But it needs to be updated on news and stuff more than last time because if someone (-Cough.- Me -Cough.-) is on vaction with no computer then comes back and for some reason half the subforums are gone (just an example of course...) they're going to really want to know what happened. O_o  

~InfinityTrust~

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:52 pm
*coughtheresnanannouncementaboutthesubforumsveryclosetothisonecough*  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:05 pm
-Cough.- IwasusingitasanexampleIdidntreallyaskit. -Cough.-
Goodness me, I must have something lodged in my throat, I'll be off trying to get it out with a toilet plumber, toodles! 8D  

~InfinityTrust~

Razz-Berry 9

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:28 pm
~InfinityTrust~
Goodness me, I must have something lodged in my throat, I'll be off trying to get it out with a toilet plumber, toodles! 8D
lol.Anyway id love for it to stay but only if it gets more activity. confused  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:47 pm
!!Razz-berry!!9
~InfinityTrust~
lol.Anyway id love for it to stay but only if it gets more activity. confused

Yeah, thats what I ment. ^^  

~InfinityTrust~

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:48 pm
Cough.

I seem to have caught what was going around.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:13 pm
Strep throat? D:  

~InfinityTrust~

Muleferdan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:16 pm
*Cough*Iliketobepartofthecrowdwhichiswhyimusingthisridiculouscoughingthingthatinmyopinionisweirdanduneeded*Cough*

That was a long one  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:21 pm
-Cough.- Copycats. -Cough.-
D;
Do you dears need some cough drops or something? owo;;  

~InfinityTrust~

Raike99

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:22 pm
*cough*Iliketalkinglikethisbecauseitmakesitsosomepeoplehaveahardtimereadingitandgalkatitforfifteenminuteswhichisreallypatheticbytheway.*cough*  
Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff