Reply ~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~
Something Exciting!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilentNinjaFox

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:39 am
I'm taking World History 1815-present in college (yeah... I'm old... XP )and guess what we're studying Tuesday! ....the Meji restoration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHH! I'm so excited!!!! blaugh I can't wait. I think I'm going to watch Trust and Betrayal the night before just for the sake of it! blaugh *dances* yea! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:05 am
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.

If you learn any juicy facts the rest of us may not know, feel free to share them. What saddens me about Meiji is the high ideals of freedom and equality weren't totally realized and in some cases, the Meiji government was more totalitarian than the Shogunate.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

kyrieanimelover2007

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:05 pm
Whoa! That sounds so cool! Lucky! ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:41 pm
I have to take a world history class next semester. But I took a modern Japanese history course before and it was fun. That was around the time I first got into Rurouni Kenshin.  

My Lovely Ora

ll --SakuraKatana -- ll

250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:58 pm
Wow. Lucky. :3

You get to take a whole course on it, and we just finished the little required segment of that... back in September. D:

I also got all hyped up today when my priest in church mentioned the suppression of Catholics under the Tokugawas [<3] -- only because of the Japanese history mention, don't get me wrong.

I haven't descended that low yet, despite what my brother may think. >>;

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:57 am
Wow... Congratulations! ^^  

Naughty Little Fox

Sweet Slayer

23,850 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Demonic Associate 100

eternallove7

Cheery Survivor

17,900 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:13 pm
Enjoy your class, it sounds cool!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:52 am
Yami no Hitokiri
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.

If you learn any juicy facts the rest of us may not know, feel free to share them. What saddens me about Meiji is the high ideals of freedom and equality weren't totally realized and in some cases, the Meiji government was more totalitarian than the Shogunate.

Why do you think kenshin hated knowing that he helped create it? all the people with the true ideals of it died before they could make them happen and were replaced with those who were more concerned about making Japan a more powerful country  

TheIllustriousBlueJay

SilentNinjaFox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:16 am
TheIllustriousBlueJay
Yami no Hitokiri

Why do you think kenshin hated knowing that he helped create it? all the people with the true ideals of it died before they could make them happen and were replaced with those who were more concerned about making Japan a more powerful country

Not to mention that after WWI, the country fell into the hands of the military again. There wasn't a Shogunate in control but there might as well have been.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:34 pm
SilentNinjaFox
TheIllustriousBlueJay
Yami no Hitokiri

Not to mention that after WWI, the country fell into the hands of the military again. There wasn't a Shogunate in control but there might as well have been.
little did they know that their arrogance would cost them millions of lives decades later.....  

TheIllustriousBlueJay

Skye Wen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:10 am
TheIllustriousBlueJay
SilentNinjaFox
TheIllustriousBlueJay
Yami no Hitokiri

little did they know that their arrogance would cost them millions of lives decades later.....

The Japanese weren't the only ones at fault there, though...but I'll behave and keep my mouth shut for once.

Anyway, I'm jealous! I haven't taken a World History class yet...I think I'll try to get in one not next spring but the spring after.
Oh, but I am starting Japanese language classes next fall! I could only find one university in my area that offered it. The only other options around here seem to be French and Spanish... Does anyone else have a problem finding classes in their area?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:35 am
Skye Wen
TheIllustriousBlueJay
SilentNinjaFox
TheIllustriousBlueJay
Yami no Hitokiri

The Japanese weren't the only ones at fault there, though...but I'll behave and keep my mouth shut for once.

Anyway, I'm jealous! I haven't taken a World History class yet...I think I'll try to get in one not next spring but the spring after.
Oh, but I am starting Japanese language classes next fall! I could only find one university in my area that offered it. The only other options around here seem to be French and Spanish... Does anyone else have a problem finding classes in their area?

Not really. I'm in the center of my state so there were several universities around, 2 of them that offered Japanese. Most of the big state universities have some course work in Japanese.  

SilentNinjaFox

Master Samurai_Kenshin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:56 pm
Wow. Thats amazing!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:21 am
I think that's so cool. XD  

hilaire11

Kenshin Belmont

Unbeatable Hunter

5,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:39 pm
I agree! It sure sounds cool and interesting. There's no doubt that some stories that mix fantasy & history can get us to actually want to learn about history, huh? mrgreen  
~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff