The Haunting Hour Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chickajasmine

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:55 am
User Image
Did anyone see this movie on cartoon network?
To me it was good,and interesting.
I am getting the dvd this weekend.

(Note:It comes back on Sunday at 7:00 pm Date:9/23/07)

Cartoon Network  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:12 pm
damn i missed it
*waits for it to air again*  

dark_LordBeld

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:57 pm
Wikipedia
Cassie (Emily Osment) is a 13-year-old goth girl who just moved to a new neighborhood and school. She loves playing tricks on the popular kids and her little brother, Max (Alex Winzenread). On the way to the library, she finds a mysterious Halloween store down an alleyway and goes inside. She ends up finding a little book called The Evil Thing the owner suggested her for reading. She ignores the warning at the front page "DO NOT READ ALOUD" and reads it aloud to her little brother, Max, later that night. The Evil Thing, brought to life by Max's thoughts, captures him and Priscilla (Brittany Curran), one of the popular girls in school. It is up to Cassie and Sean (Cody Linley) to save them. At first, they try to defeat The Evil Thing on their own, but fail. Cassie then thinks about the owner of the shop, where she got the book, to ask for help. As it turns out, the owner planted the book on her so she could get the real taste of her evil deeds and left them only a riddle for help: "Two heads are better than one. That's the way to get the bloody job done." Sean brilliantly makes remarks that solve the riddle. Together, they formulate that if they get blood from a roast that Cassie's mother made and throw it on the Evil Thing it will be forced to suck up the blood and in doing so will devour itself. By using Sean's CD of monster sound-effects as a "mating call", they accidentally drop the blood nearby recently-freed Max who must conquer his fears and save the day. After the monster is destroyed, Max, Sean and Cassie save Priscilla who angrily calls Cassie a witch when Sean rejects Priscilla in favor of Cassie and after she leaves they save the pizza guy who offers free pizza in return for his release. After eating the free pizza, they burn the book and rid themselves of The Evil Thing... or not? After coming home, their parents find the book singed in the fireplace. The father mockingly reads it aloud, until the point he finishes off the story, when suddenly the lights go out. Cassie awakes and realizes it's not over yet...

[edit] The Evil Thing

A poem about the creature, brought to life by Max's thoughts, that captures Max, Priscilla, and a Pizza Guy:
The Evil Thing is a gruesome beast.
On living flesh, it loves to feast.
It's a two-headed thing whom you don't wish to greet...
One head sucks your blood, one head chews your meat.
It carries its babies in slimy eggs on its back.
The babies are hungry when they hatch for a snack,
so the Evil Thing traps some horrid victim alive,
for the babies to eat when their birthdays arrive,
but don't worry, don't cry, please don't have a fit...
The Evil Thing is not real unless you think about it.
Remember, don't think about it...

...No thanks. stare  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:13 pm
_PsychoPathic-Tend3ncies_
Wikipedia
Cassie (Emily Osment) is a 13-year-old goth girl who just moved to a new neighborhood and school. She loves playing tricks on the popular kids and her little brother, Max (Alex Winzenread). On the way to the library, she finds a mysterious Halloween store down an alleyway and goes inside. She ends up finding a little book called The Evil Thing the owner suggested her for reading. She ignores the warning at the front page "DO NOT READ ALOUD" and reads it aloud to her little brother, Max, later that night. The Evil Thing, brought to life by Max's thoughts, captures him and Priscilla (Brittany Curran), one of the popular girls in school. It is up to Cassie and Sean (Cody Linley) to save them. At first, they try to defeat The Evil Thing on their own, but fail. Cassie then thinks about the owner of the shop, where she got the book, to ask for help. As it turns out, the owner planted the book on her so she could get the real taste of her evil deeds and left them only a riddle for help: "Two heads are better than one. That's the way to get the bloody job done." Sean brilliantly makes remarks that solve the riddle. Together, they formulate that if they get blood from a roast that Cassie's mother made and throw it on the Evil Thing it will be forced to suck up the blood and in doing so will devour itself. By using Sean's CD of monster sound-effects as a "mating call", they accidentally drop the blood nearby recently-freed Max who must conquer his fears and save the day. After the monster is destroyed, Max, Sean and Cassie save Priscilla who angrily calls Cassie a witch when Sean rejects Priscilla in favor of Cassie and after she leaves they save the pizza guy who offers free pizza in return for his release. After eating the free pizza, they burn the book and rid themselves of The Evil Thing... or not? After coming home, their parents find the book singed in the fireplace. The father mockingly reads it aloud, until the point he finishes off the story, when suddenly the lights go out. Cassie awakes and realizes it's not over yet...

[edit] The Evil Thing

A poem about the creature, brought to life by Max's thoughts, that captures Max, Priscilla, and a Pizza Guy:
The Evil Thing is a gruesome beast.
On living flesh, it loves to feast.
It's a two-headed thing whom you don't wish to greet...
One head sucks your blood, one head chews your meat.
It carries its babies in slimy eggs on its back.
The babies are hungry when they hatch for a snack,
so the Evil Thing traps some horrid victim alive,
for the babies to eat when their birthdays arrive,
but don't worry, don't cry, please don't have a fit...
The Evil Thing is not real unless you think about it.
Remember, don't think about it...

...No thanks. stare

I just lol'd a little xd  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

chickajasmine

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:23 am
EmperorBeld
damn i missed it
*waits for it to air again*

It was actually pretty good.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:41 am
I've just never been that big on R. L. Stien to begin with, so when I saw there was a movie it reminded me for a moment about "Who's Afraid of the Dark" that used to air on nickelodian forever and a day ago, but I really didn't feel much interest in actually watching it.

Thanks for summery Dead Ed. =Þ I will use your old screen name till it fades from my mind.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:45 am
And my credit is stolen yet again!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:48 am

Opps! Sorry, I wasn't reading the quotes closely enough.
*Clears my throat*I hearby thank you formally for posting pertinant information that helps facilitate better understanding of the movie in question. Furthermore I appologize for erroniously citing someone else as the fount of information in this particular regard.

Was that a formal enough applogy? ^^*  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:22 am
japan_7
User Image

Cartoon Network

It is interesting, and I think you would like it.. thanks for the information on when it comes back on...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:04 am
Devils_lilboy
japan_7
User Image

Cartoon Network

It is interesting, and I think you would like it.. thanks for the information on when it comes back on...

welcome  

chickajasmine

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:20 am

Not stolen, just handed to the wrong person.
At least it was handed to the right person after the mistake was found. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:00 pm
neutral

perrenthezombie

XxLovely_MiseriesxX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:14 pm
Hmm I might watch it if i remember. Is that time Eastern, Pacific, or Central by the way??  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:46 pm
lurichan
I've just never been that big on R. L. Stien to begin with, so when I saw there was a movie it reminded me for a moment about "Who's Afraid of the Dark" that used to air on nickelodian forever and a day ago, but I really didn't feel much interest in actually watching it.

Thanks for summery Dead Ed. =Þ I will use your old screen name till it fades from my mind.

*Pokemon are like STDs...*

r.l. stein brings back old memories...*runs off to find goosebumps books*.

*It's not fun until you catch 'em all.*

Ayame_Rikimayu

chickajasmine

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:26 am
XxLovely_MiseriesxX
Hmm I might watch it if i remember. Is that time Eastern, Pacific, or Central by the way??

eastern  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces