Welcome to Gaia! ::

Super-Happy-Fun-Time Guild

Back to Guilds

A fun place to make both friends and gold. 

Tags: giveaway, game, gold, contest, free 

Reply Contests, Giveaways, and General Chat
What is the weirdest kind of food you've tasted? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

j-factor762

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:59 am
First thread in the guild to me... actually, my first thread on gaia. Anyway, I was talking with a friend a couple days ago and I told her about this ice cream place on another state I go whenever the family goes there for vacation, and how it has the weirdest flavors in the world, and I'm serious: Beans, shrimp, roses, spaghetti, crab, garlic, and so on. That got me thinking, has anyone here tried eating something that would normally be seen as out of the ordinary or just plain disgusting?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:29 am
Does fried octopus count as unusual? xD (it actually wasn't all that bad, I was surprised ^.^)  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350

j-factor762

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:07 pm
Sheer_Immortal
Does fried octopus count as unusual? xD (it actually wasn't all that bad, I was surprised ^.^)

I guess, it's certainly not a side dish you find in your average meal. XD Just because it's unusual doesn't mean it tastes bad, you gotta give that kind of things a chance.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:58 pm
...Ew. Garlic ice cream? D: ..........Ew.

Well, I've had fermented soybeans (aka natto) before... Heck, I have them quite often. 3nodding Bit more of an acquired taste than just plain "ew" though.  

Azusasan

Boju Dahki

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:41 pm
I've never actually eaten there but on vacation I've driven past a fast food restaurant called "Taco Llama"

I've never actually tried unusual/ewww foods, but I have butchered even the most simple food ideas

Like Corn Pops cereal with orange juice instead of milk

Worst bowl ever  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:52 pm
I've got a pretty long list of gross foods sweatdrop . My parents have um... interesting tastes to say the least...
Well, I've had BBQ chicken feet (not bad), Wheat gluten (something I can't really describe, except that it is preserved at tastes great over rice smile ) and fried dog's tongue (gross, but kinda... chewy, but the poor dog crying ...). That;s all I can remember at the moment, I'll post some more if I can remember later...  

Xioungshou

Dapper Hunter

700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:41 am
spartan27583
I've got a pretty long list of gross foods sweatdrop . My parents have um... interesting tastes to say the least...
Well, I've had BBQ chicken feet (not bad), Wheat gluten (something I can't really describe, except that it is preserved at tastes great over rice smile ) and fried dog's tongue (gross, but kinda... chewy, but the poor dog crying ...). That;s all I can remember at the moment, I'll post some more if I can remember later...
Wow. 0.o

I mean like, I like to think that I'd try anything once...but dayum. xD

Are any of these foods, like, specialties or delicacies in another culture? ^.^  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:40 pm
Sheer_Immortal
spartan27583
Wow. 0.o

I think they are, around Asia, I think. I know I've heard about the chicken feet before, but I can't remember the place. However, I've never heard of dog tongue before. That sounds just... yuck... I could probably try it, but like it... that's a longshot.  

j-factor762

Roy Ketchup

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:17 am
Sushi, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
I liked it!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:18 pm
Requiem-X2
Sheer_Immortal
spartan27583
Wow. 0.o

I think they are, around Asia, I think. I know I've heard about the chicken feet before, but I can't remember the place. However, I've never heard of dog tongue before. That sounds just... yuck... I could probably try it, but like it... that's a longshot.
I'm with you on that one. 0.o

I think I've heard of wheat gluten before, but can't remember where.

I wonder if there's any types of food that are "normal" to the average US person but are considered strange/weird to people from other cultures xD  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

angelgirlX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:45 pm
....and i thought that snails and fried brains were the weirdest foods iv ever tasted sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:16 pm
chocolate mixed with lettuce, mayonnaise, and grapes. *bleh*
but in the end, i got 50 bucks. ^^

bunniie33

Xioungshou

Dapper Hunter

700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:21 pm
Sheer_Immortal
Requiem-X2
Sheer_Immortal
spartan27583
Wow. 0.o

I'm with you on that one. 0.o

I think I've heard of wheat gluten before, but can't remember where.

I wonder if there's any types of food that are "normal" to the average US person but are considered strange/weird to people from other cultures xD

Requiem is right. I'm Chinese so most of these foods are normal for me.
Wheat Gluten is basically preserved wheat, sometimes with pickles or radishes or even peanuts (my favorite).
As for "normal" american foods that are weird... well veal is pretty gross...
Also, chicken feet is a chinese delicacy. Try it! Its pretty darn good!  
Contests, Giveaways, and General Chat

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff