Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Want some suggestions, really disturbing Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boadicia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:14 pm
I have a very disturbing situation that I want to cast a spell for, but I want some suggestions on how to go about it first. I'll have to give some background to elaborate just how bad this really is.

I grew up not really knowing my father. A few years ago, I was finally introduced to my half-brothers and -sisters. I was generally well accepted into the family, even by my stepmother.

One of my brothers went through a bad divorce a few years ago. Since then, he's complained, and joked, repeatedly about how badly he wants a woman. Now I think he's turning his very unwanted attention towards me. I've foolishly ignored the more subtle signs, such as his reading books that featured incest (no frelling joke). Then last night, while he was drunk off his rocker, he went into a spiel about how he wished I wasn't his sister . . . you get the idea. gonk

Anyway, it's reached the point where I'm about to sound the alarm publically. I also want to reinforce my efforts magically. I fear a banishing spell may be too harsh, but without input from others, it appears to be my only choice.

So, I'm asking for alternate magical ideas, or at least a way to perform a banishing without adversely affecting the rest of the family, since the family is pretty much an all or nothing deal.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:05 pm
I don't think that banishing will be of any use. I think for situations like these, you should go ahead and inform the family. If you don't, things will just escalate and turn out for the worst.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but it's what's most necessary to make sure you stay safe.  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

safkef

Liberal Shopper

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:20 pm
I have to agree with informing the family but it wouldn't hurt to do a few things for yourself for protection and wisdom.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:32 pm
Thanks. A protection spell does seem to be a better idea. I'll have to do it quickly, since the full moon is right around the corner. I'll also talk to someone immediately.  

Boadicia

Protectress

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:29 pm
Ok, seeing as I don't mess with these very often I'm not sure if it'll work as I would envision for this situation, but maybe you should try a diversion spell or charm. Something that turns his attention, not necessarily to something else, but away from you-as far as his 'interest' goes. This is probably going to sound corny, but something almost like what Rowling used in the Harry Potter books for things like the quidditch cup would be useful (and yes, similar things are possible). I do agree with the previous advice though.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:28 pm
Ouch...

I'd suggest making a shield against his energy... an him, as well.

Use his energy in the process, and make it so his energy can't pass the shield, and so he'll feel VERY uncomfortable inside the shield. (Did I mention this thing should be reaking huge?)

If you can't do that, or it's too much work... (my covenmates always say my energy workings are too complicated to perform... XP) then I'm sorry!  

Prostiboot

93darkshadow93

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:29 pm
I would suggest doing some banishings, just to clear your own personal space (an LBRP is a good one to start with) and then do a binding spell on him to not do harm to himself or any others. I usually do this with a ribbon, concentrating hard on my intent in the binding, tying a knot in the ribbon every time I say "I bind you from doing harm, harm to yourself or harm to others." Then, when done (at least 9 knots, but more if you have a long enough ribbon or string), I burn it in my cauldron, releasing the energy to do its job.

But the suggestions to tell your family are the ones I would work on first. Don't go thru this alone. Just let your dad and stepmom know what it going on with him. Think practical first, then magickal!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:30 am
If you care about your half-brother (that's what he is, right?), then talk with him first. Tell him "when you do this, or say that, it makes me think that you intend to do this...". Let him know that you don't like it. But, ya know, fill in the blanks -- that's just a general outline of conversation you could follow. Be specific -- I wasn't. You know more about the issues than I do.

I like the idea of a protection spell -- find what ever will help to protect you from harm -- and perhaps one to protect him from harm too.

A spell won't be enough -- not if you want to pursue a healthy brotherly friendship with him. If you care, you've got to communicate. A spell can heal, it can protect -- but it can't forgive, it can't love, it can't care -- only you can do that.

Talk to him -- or write down all your thoughts and have him read it. If being around him creeps you out too much, then writing him a letter will help. You don't have to be around him in that scenario.

Hope that helps!  

Glanecia

Shogun_Emrys

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:06 pm
Another way to handle this with a spell would be to bring more loving attention to him, cast a spell to help bring more attention from the opposite sex so that he has more options. Of course you should always ask his permission before doing a spell on him, so if your family doesn't know about your spellwork this is kind of out of the question. I would also agree with informing the family, or maybe saying something to him first. that would probably be the first choice. Hope this helps.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:18 am
Did you tell him that it makes you uncomfortable when he suggests these things it makes you uncomfortable?  

Mrs Joe Trohman

twilight insanity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:54 pm
i have to say it! xp

banish th ewhole fricken family then!! gonk family means nothing anyway, and...well... i have experience in your bro's ... *gulps.* ... side of the story...
sad i hate admitting it... but... i have insetuous feelings for my own half sister.... and... i am ashamed of it. i ... *gulps agin. why am i gulping?* um... ... i had been depressed at one point...where she had offered me the chance to eat her out... and i did... i trie dto tell her to stop tempting me... but i just couldn't say no.. and then she had even begged me the next day to do it again. iii-_- i havn't been able to forgive myself since, and it;s just so sickening... sad you have to keep him away from you. ... the only way i can stop feeling that way about shanti is when i am not thinking about her, and it's hard when she is right there... it's not like he can just control himself all th etime.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:22 pm
A lot of times those feelings are just sort of experimental... this is seems to be a little beyond that, but I don't think a spell to change the way he feels is really a very responsible way to deal with it. Just be honest, and if there's a lack of attraction, make it clear, but perhaps even clearer should be a lack of scorn for his attraction, if you can honestly make such a case.

As for the broader audience, namely Twilight... incestuous tendencies are historically rather common, and it simply happen from time to time. I cited earlier that a lot of it is curiousity, and let me say that it's possible that the same feelings that make it seem sickening might also be the grounds on which one becomes drawn to it in the first place. Perhaps they're both superficial, fetish and self-loathing. That said, I think it's mostly society's views that make such activities "bad".

If you yourself do not have any sort of feelings beyond those of a sibling towards your brother, then that's reason enough, and it ought to be for him. If it's not, then we can talk either powerful magic, or really crappy cosmetics to make you less attractive.  

Nomad of Nowhere

twilight insanity

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:31 am
teague, i realy don't think you understand... it's the kind of feelings that are straight out compelling lust! gonk no doubt if he doesn't do something sexual with her at least once he'll go crazy if he stays around her! >~< stating that she doesn't have those feelings won't make any difference, he probably already knows that anyway.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:29 am
Physically;
Okay I read the first few replys to this and I agree informing the family is a good idea. I understand you not wishing to do that so talk to your bother and let him know that it can't happen.

Magickally;
A protection spell is a good idea, in case he gets out of hand. A love spell for him to find someone else may be an idea to nothing too specific but along the lines of bringing someone into his life who he will love and will love him back.  

KittannLittle

Nomad of Nowhere

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:13 pm
Well, that's possible, but it's not necessiarily exactly the same way he feels. Perhaps I was wrong- it's not unusual to cast a spell to help people wrestling with their own demons, and perhaps a little magical help could help him find a healthy relationship... and love can make those ugly urges seem more distant. Still, I don't think it's fair to rule out his own solidarity against acting on his impulses... Besides, I still think you're safer if he's heard your rebuke clearly and outright. It's not really a situation where I'd trust someone to just "sense my reluctance." The clearer the better.

You can cast a spell too, but at least it will be an affirmation of something you've already come out and said, not a "scared" little charm you're kind of conducting dishonestly. Let your words match it. Maybe that's just a spell-ethic for myself, and maybe it doesn't really make as much sense as I think it does, but it sure makes a difference to me. meone  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff