Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Surplus Pistol? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:58 pm
I was wondering if someone would know of an old side-arm that there would be lots of in a warehouse somewhere that would cost little to attain a large number of. I'm writing a story and I need a group of about 500 to be armed with reliable but cheap and easy to find weapons, including a side-arm. I think I've decided on the AK-47 for the standard assault rifle, the AKS-74U to fit the sub-machine gun catagory when in close quarters, and I thought about the Makarov pistol for the side-arm, but I'm not sure.

What would be advised?

Also, once an answer has been found for this question I think it should be deleted. Our forum is getting a little crowded, I think. Once a simple question has been asked in a thread and answered maybe it ought to be removed to keep the place clean. Just an idea.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:04 pm
Not crowded at all, I'd say.

Hmm. For easily acquired guns I'd say... looking at the national inventories of poor countries:

FN 35 and the 1911. The 35 is EXTREMELY popular and apparently easy to find cheap.

For submachineguns the Uzi is quite more popular than any AK variant. So is the Sterling.

The FN FAL is also popular for assault rifles, but it depends on where you are. The Middle East has an assload of AK-47's because the Soviets were handing them out like condoms to teenagers. The FAL is common in Africa.  

Lord Plate
Crew

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:05 pm
ArmasTermin
I was wondering if someone would know of an old side-arm that there would be lots of in a warehouse somewhere that would cost little to attain a large number of. I'm writing a story and I need a group of about 500 to be armed with reliable but cheap and easy to find weapons, including a side-arm. I think I've decided on the AK-47 for the standard assault rifle, the AKS-74U to fit the sub-machine gun catagory when in close quarters, and I thought about the Makarov pistol for the side-arm, but I'm not sure.

What would be advised?

Also, once an answer has been found for this question I think it should be deleted. Our forum is getting a little crowded, I think. Once a simple question has been asked in a thread and answered maybe it ought to be removed to keep the place clean. Just an idea.

I would say Makarov, besides, it adds to that cheap russian style.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:13 pm
I think there's more Tokarevs around than Makarovs, as far as old surplus goes.  

Lord Plate
Crew

ChaoticConsonance

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:58 pm
Forgive me that I can't remember what it is, but the pistol that Walther produced in WWII is fairly common and cheap.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:02 pm
ChaoticConsonance
Forgive me that I can't remember what it is, but the pistol that Walther produced in WWII is fairly common and cheap.

They made many.

PP, PPK, P-38?  

Lord Plate
Crew

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:51 pm
Lord Plate
ChaoticConsonance

They made many.

PP, PPK, P-38?

Well the actual P-38s go for quite a bit. Not as much as a Luger but, up there.

Now the P-1s:
Look quite similar to a P38 except...
They (P-1s) have an Aluminum Frame.
Different parts
The trigger is a bit different
and...
They're called P-1s.

Also the PPks and PPs are fairly common.

Makarovs are pretty cool for cheap(er) purchasing.
But for the bang for the buck the CZ-52s are all round sexiness.
I want one real bad...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Yeah, I know. neutral

The P-1 is the most common on the market for poor countries.

PPK's and PP's both run about 500 American, a P-38 original you are lucky to find under one grand. Of course our weapons markets are completely different than in other parts of the world. People who never make 10 dollars in their life run around with StG-44's that I would gladly torture, maim, and kill for. scream  

Lord Plate
Crew

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:57 pm
Lord Plate
Yeah, I know. neutral

PPK's and PP's both run about 500 American, a P-38 original you are lucky to find under one grand. Of course our weapons markets are completely different than in other parts of the world. People who never make 10 dollars in their life run around with StG-44's that I would gladly torture, maim, and kill for. scream

So true... crying  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:01 pm
gefreiter
Lord Plate
Yeah, I know. neutral

So true... crying

Why do all the other couhntries get the luck with guns?

I bet there's more Kalashnikov rifles in Russian warehouses than there are men, women, and children in America! And I still don't have one.  

ArmasTermin

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:06 pm
ArmasTermin
gefreiter
Lord Plate
Yeah, I know. neutral

So true... crying

Why do all the other couhntries get the luck with guns?

I bet there's more Kalashnikov rifles in Russian warehouses than there are men, women, and children in America! And I still don't have one.

Canada makes reproduction STG-44s and Mp40s and they can't be imported. crying  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:12 pm
+1 on the CZ52. They're cheap as all and very plentiful.  

I am an eggplant
Crew

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:15 pm
SierraBT
+1 on the CZ52. They're cheap as all and very plentiful.

What caliber is it?

(I'd end up looking up all its information later, but tell me anyway.)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:17 pm
If you need to repeatedly look up guns and who has them, I has:

Free Jane's Infantry Weapons 2003.

Funny cat pictures. rolleyes

Also, 7.62x25.  

Lord Plate
Crew

I am an eggplant
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:18 pm
^ What Plate said.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts