Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Game Assistance and Talk
Doppelganger Guide [Redemption Version] [Finally Open! :D] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Slate Scholar
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:05 pm
There is a post on this subforum asking about the Doppelganger in volume 3 of .hack//G.U. So, fear no more, because I have edited my previous guide to apply to this guide. Note: Most things in this thread are going to be the same. However, updates in Bike maneuvers, weapons, etc. will be made. So, I hope you'll find this guide just as helpful as the previous one.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:09 pm
What is "Doppleganger"?

>> "This is Doppelganger, a symbol of death that wanders around the area. Be on guard when dark clouds appear on screen. He is coming at you from the direction of the red arrow. He is very powerful so run before he catches you."
— The World R:2 —

>> Simply put, [it] is a Monster in The World, designed to reflect your current character. The only exception to it's appearance is its coloration. He is completely black and purple, with glowing yellow eyes, surrounded by a black smoke. A red arrow at the bottom of the screen indicates the area from which it is coming towards you. It speed is much greater than your own, and it takes some skillful maneuvering to avoid it.

NOTE: It is not a person (PK) and not a glitch (AIDA). Dur.

The Slate Scholar
Crew

The Slate Scholar
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:15 pm
What are Doppelganger's Stats?

>>Level: [Haseo's level] + 8
HP: Haseo's HP at the modified level
MP: Haseo's HP at the modified level
Stats: Haseo's unmodified stats at the modified level [+Doppelganger's equipment]
Viewpoint: Equivalent to Flying Monster
Weapon: Doppelganger's own weapon, in the form of Haseo's current weapon

Dual Sword Abilities
Name: Heine's Invasion
Critical Hit Rate +25%
HP Drain 25%
Chance to cause Confusion

Broadsword Abilities
Name: Heine's Shadow
Halves target's HP when dealing Critical Hits
SP Drain 25%
Chance to cause Charm

Scythe Abilities
Name: Heine's Zero
Lower target's HP to 1/10 of max (10% chance of occurance)
HP Drain 50%
SP Drain 50%

Dual Gun Abilities
Name: DG-0
P-ATK raises as Doppelganger's HP drops

Armor Abilities
Physical -85%
Magic -85%
Damage Change

Accessory Abilities
Skill damage x2.5
Speed +50%
Rig Saem [1/50 of Max HP/second]

Other Abilities
No Knock Back
No Juggle
No Interruption

Attack Skills
None

Healing Skills
Ma Repth (HP +300)

Weapon Arts
Haseo's Arts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:19 pm
How do you find Doppelganger?

>>Doppelganger appears after 5 minutes of being able to move in a field.

>>Things to Note:
-Doppelganger will never appear in Dungeons
-Doppleganger will never appear in fields related to the storyline
-The 5 minute timer restarts when you get into Battles
-Actions that "freeze time" (breaking objects, getting treasures, on/off bike, opening doors, interacting with character, warp/platform points) will stop the timer for the moments it takes to do it
-Chim Chims other than King or God Chim Chim will not freeze time
-Getting the Beast Temple treasure will not freeze time. However, if you are underground when the 5 minutes is up, Doppelganger will not appear at all

>>Odd Facts
-Doppelganger will not appear in Theta: Concealed Friend's Moonlight
-For Theta: Buzzing Ruined Gate, the Battle Area must be active for him to appear
-Putting [3rd Word] Moonlight in your Area Words will make Doppleganger appear with the other monsters. You get the keyword after beating .hack//G.U. Volume 2: Reminisce

The Slate Scholar
Crew

The Slate Scholar
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:26 pm
What are the Rewards?

>>.hack//G.U. Volume 3: Reminisce

If in Haseo's 3rd Form:
Bygone Servant Key Item

If in Haseo's Xth Form:
DG-0 [Dual Guns]

After defeating the game:
Bygone Servant Key Item
DG-0 [Dual Guns]
Other Self [Lvl. 150 Armor]
Shadow [Lvl. 150 Accessory]

Subsequent Times:
Normal Mission Rewards

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:31 pm
What are the Statistics of the Weapons/Armor/Accesory?

>WEAPONS

>>Heine's Invasion
Level: 51
Hold and release
P-ATK +22
Raging Hit: Increase critical hit rate by 25%
Body Grasp: Absorb 25% of regular attack damage as HP
Mourning Chaos: Adds Confusion to regular attacks

>>Heine's Shadow
Hold and release
P-ATK +50
Past Invite: Half the Target's HP
Mind Grasp: Absorb 25% of regular attack damage as SP
Mourning Bind: Adds Charm to regular attacks

>>Heine's Zero
Hold and release
P-ATK +50
Devolve Invite: 10% chance to reduce the enemy's HP to 10% of its max
Physique Grasp: Absorb 50% regular attack damage as HP
Spirit Grasp: Absorb 25% regular attack damage as SP

>>DG-0
Level: 101
Capacity 8 Shots
P-ATK +18
Double Trigger: Readies Double Trigger for use
Avenging Bullet: The lower your HP is, the larger the bonus is to your P-ATK

>ARMOR

>>Other Self
Level: 150
P-DEF +50
M-DEF +40
Fire +25 / Water +25
Wind +25 / Earth +25
Light -25 / Dark +25
Physical Analogy: Reduce damage taken from physical attacks by 75%
Mental Analogy: Reduce damage taken from magic attacks by 75%
False Existence: Convert normal damage into SP damage. When SP is 0, damage is dealt normally to HP

>ACCESSORY

>>Shadow
Fire +50 / Water +50
Wind +50 / Earth +50
Light +50 / Dark +50
Multiply Self: Gradually increases HP (recovers more than HP Regen 2)
Saturate Self: Gradually increases SP (recovers more than SP Regen 2)
Carefree Friend: Increases damage from physical attack, arts, speel, and attack items by 1.25

The Slate Scholar
Crew

The Slate Scholar
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:34 pm
How do I defeat Doppelganger?
::Quick-Summary::
Prepatations: Xth Form, Cheat Alchemy on Guns, Beast Awakening
Attacking: Beast Awakening
Attack relentlessly

Finally, I was able able to defeat Doppleganger in .hack//REDEMPTION. In fact, I found him actually easier in this version than in the previous versions.
I suggest defeating Doppleganger after getting the Xth Form and are able to use "Cheat Alchemy" in NetSlum Tartaga. Though the upgrade technically powers up Doppleganger by giving him another weapon, this method is actually quite simplistic. When warping to a field, try your hardest to, by the final battle, fill up your Morale Gauge to the max. Switch your Awakening to Beast Awakening. This Beast Awakening was the first awakening [save for Demon Awakening] you received in .hack//REBIRTH. If you forgot, this speeds up and strengthens your attacks while temporarily freezing your opponents. Though this may seem useless, Doppleganger's recovery armor is rendered useless and he is no logner able to attack.
If you need a little extra edge, use Endrance or Pi. On Free-Will and Rage, both use Arts relentlessly, a helpful edge. Because Dopple Ganger's Own Self armor and Shadow accessory can only be won after the game, choose one of the Azure Knights [I prefer Azure Kite because of his Rapid Twin User attacks].
Now that you have made the proper preparations, find Doppleganger. When entering the battle, waste no energy and press Square to activate the Awakening. Now, if you used Cheat Alchemy, you guns may be able to fire 14 bullets before having to recharge. Dopplganger freezes and you are able to attack him without being interrupted. I do advise not to use Arts because they waste time. The only time you should use them is if you have just barely any gauge left to get a final edge attack in. However, the Beast Awakening [if properly used] should give you plenty of time to kill him before he even has a chance.

NOTE: Ramming him with the Bike is no longer effective. It will damage him about 300, but it doesn't slam him against the wall anymore. Thus it must be said that Sleipnir doesn't take effect during this fight [or at least in my version]. Sleipnir's effect is supposed to take away half, but it no longer does anything and is useless.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:35 pm
Bonus: Story of the Doppelgänger

The doppelgängers of folklore cast no shadow, and have no reflection in a mirror or in water. They are supposed to provide advice to the person they shadow, but this advice can be misleading or malicious. They can also, in rare instances, plant ideas in their victim's mind or appear before friends and relatives, causing confusion. In many cases once someone has viewed his own doppelgänger he is doomed to be haunted by images of his ghostly counterpart.

Other folklore says that when a person's doppelgänger is seen, the person him/herself will die shortly. It is considered unwise to try to communicate with a doppelgänger.

For more information, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppelgänger

The Slate Scholar
Crew

The Slate Scholar
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:08 pm
I finally finished it. Sorry I've been neglecting my work. c;  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:38 pm
How come all my stuff just hit's 0's?  

The Avenger Tarvos

The Slate Scholar
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:47 pm
Statistics of the Armor
>>Other Self
P-DEF +50
M-DEF +40
Fire +25 / Water +25
Wind +25 / Earth +25
Light -25 / Dark +25
False Existence: Convert normal damage into SP damage. When SP is 0, damage is dealt normally to HP

If you'll note, his armor has the ability to convert normal damage to SP. As a result, he will take 0 damage until his SP is completely depleted. However, when using the Beast Awakening, his armor becomes null.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:03 pm
The Slate Scholar
Statistics of the Armor
>>Other Self
P-DEF +50
M-DEF +40
Fire +25 / Water +25
Wind +25 / Earth +25
Light -25 / Dark +25

If you'll note, his armor has the ability to convert normal damage to SP. As a result, he will take 0 damage until his SP is completely depleted. However, when using the Beast Awakening, his armor becomes null.

Thanks, I found out later after I posted that.  

The Avenger Tarvos

Blue_Innis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:51 pm
ownage  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:54 am
Thankies! biggrin I've beaten Doppelganger as Terror of Death, and got the special item. I beat him again, and got something Tiger. Now I know I have to beat the game to get it all X3

I don't remember if this was mentioned. I usually go to a x08 field, and fill up the Moral Gauge. Then I kick the Sleipnir, and wait the 5-10 minutes. When I find Doppelganger, I go into battle, let Sleipnir and the bike do damage, then use a Smokescreen. I do that over and over again until Sleipnir's effect goes away, then use the Beast Awakening. It's tricky since the Doppelganger can get all his HP back really fast D:  

HirotoSumi

Friendly Friend

36,725 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100

zawardo

Green Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:03 pm
TIP FOR FIGHTING THE DOPPLE GANGER
Poison and curse, or Voodoo and Venom, on twinblades, HOLY SHITE IT KICKS HIS WITTLE ARSE  
Game Assistance and Talk

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff