[PRP] I know what's in your heart Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Asparegus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:14 pm
User Image

Ever since the day they had started from the unity walker lands, Muroki, Kainda running ahead, a lioness named Safiya, Johari, and Laini, she had been watching Muroki and Johari together with her little joyful glee. She hadn't found happiness herself but that didn't keep her from meddling in others'. She saw the way they looked at each other and the way they were when they were alone together. They obviously liked each other and she sure figured it'd be quite fun teasing each other with that fact, shoving them together by leaving hints here and there.

But the first goal on her list was to get Johari by herself and have a nice, lovely little chat. Ho-ho! This was going to be fun!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:08 pm
User Image

Johari wasn't hard to locate. While it was true that the queen-cat (though she hadn't yet started thinking of herself this way) stood out in most green foliage, where she was resting currently there was no where to hide. She'd decided to go fishing for the traveling pride. Fish might be less filling, but packed more energy that she was sure they'd be able to use. Already in high spirits, a little more boost couldn't hurt.

She'd managed to catch one or two already, and planned to transport them back on a piece of tree bark she'd managed to find half broken on it's home. That is, until she caught Laini from the corner of her eye. A good friend of Muroki's, Laini was someone that Johari hoped to be able to grow close with. Truthfully, she'd always wanted a close circle of friends, but just didn't seem to hit it off that well with anyone in particular until Muroki came along.

"Laini! Did you sleep well?" Johari purred the greeting with a companionable smile.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Asparegus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:15 pm
Laini was delighted to have found Johari so quickly. But it was so quickly she didn't know how exactly she planned on doing her little teasing. "Well, yes I slept quite well, thank you," she replied. Well, here went nothing. "So I've noticed Muroki's formed quite an attachment to you." She said it in an offhanded manner, almost as if it didn't matter and pretended to observe the fish. Although out of the side of her eye, she glanced up at Johari to catch the reaction. Quite amusing it should be.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:28 pm
Oh, if lions could blush, she'd be a nice red shade by now. Instead she seemed to grow suddenly quite modestly quiet, ears tucking towards her head instinctively. They hadn't made public their coupling yet, and Johari wasn't sure when they would, though they also hadn't gone to any extreme lengths to hide it. That Laini had picked up on this already...

"O-Oh?"

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Asparegus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:35 pm
Laini almost danced with glee. Yes, there was the disappointment of Johari seeming rather oblivious but she felt like she could "win" at this. "Why yes," Laini replied. "I don't think I've seen him so attentive to someone before now." She nodded as if to confirm it. "It's almost as though he saved himself all this time just so that when he met you, he could give it to you."  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:47 pm
Well, Johari knew that wasn't entirely true. She'd heard about Hisani, knew about her engagement to Muroki, the two were very open with each other after all. She would have asked if it was truly that obvious (not that she minded), but something Laini said caught her ear.

It? What was "it"? Was she talking about Muroki's heart? His love? A possession? Something that transcended words? Oh, Johari's curiosity once again got the better of her, and as she looked to Laini curiously she couldn't help but wonder out loud.

"... It...?"

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Asparegus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:52 pm
Somehow this wasn't as exciting as she had hoped. Johari didn't seem to be very happy about this or showing any sign of happiness at the thought of someone liking her. "His heart, silly." she replied trying to remain joyful about it all. Of course she also knew about Hisani. How could she not when she had the same name as said lion's mother? Muroki had mentioned it the first time they had met. But she was hoping that none of that would effect her words.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:21 pm
Johari was unaware of Laini's disappointment, particularly because she actually was delighted to have Muroki's returned affection, it was just that she was still wrapping her brain around being thought of so highly by someone other than her loving parents. This time she gave a small, shy, but none the less sincere and warm smile.

"Forgive me, Laini, this is all still very new to me." She admitted, tail curling around one of her hind paws for a moment before settling to brush the ground behind her, her green eyes glancing at the fish in the river. Now, if Laini didn't know they were together, why might she be bringing this to Johari's attention? ..... Perhaps she wanted to help Muroki and Johari find each other?

Jo was inexperienced, but she was certainly quick, if nothing else. It was the redeeming quality that made up for how naive she tended to be at times.

"I just didn't realize it was... that is, I didn't realize anyone else had noticed."

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Asparegus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:28 pm
"Oh... OH," she said. She chuckled awkwardly. "Here I was told not to tell you he liked you bluntly ...although I tried my darnest to hint at it. To find he already confessed to you. I feel so out of the loop."

She smiled friendly at Johari. "Someone can always tell when other people are in love." Especially when they're looking for it for themselves...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:37 pm
"I think he's been waiting for something... but I'm not sure what." To tell the others, she meant. Johari smiled sheepishly. "I'm sure he intended to tell you, you seem to be very good friends. I wish I'd made some of my own before all this, but I'm hoping that you and I can become friends too."

The smile gained a bit of confidence, and she nodded once, confirming it with the solid gesture.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Asparegus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:54 pm
"Friends?" she asked, puzzled. "Really? You should have lots of friends." The last bit came out muttered and accidentally, thinking out loud. If Muroki liked her, she must be really nice. That she didn't have a bunch of people following her around ready to do anything for her was almost surprising to Laini.

"nd I'm sure we could become friends! Any friend of Muroki is a friend of mine!" She grinned at her to emphasis this.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:02 pm
"I never really got around much when I was younger. I knew of the other pride members, but the only time I ever really saw them was at the full moon festivals, and even then I was too quiet to get to know them. Then people started to disperse... No, I mostly kept to my siblings until Muroki came along. I'm glad though, I get the chance to get to know his friends, and if they're all as kind as you are I'm sure we'll become such too." She chuckled, for this logic seemed infallible. "Well, Laini, would you like to help me catch the rest of lunch? I thought fish would be good since it's high energy food."

She motioned to the water with one sand-toed paw.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Asparegus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:32 pm
Laini smiled broadly in spite of herself. the first time Muroki and her had met, they had fought. True, it was over the importance of conversation but still. She looked to the fish and nodded slowly. "Sure I'll help." She looked up at Johari. "I'll admit, though, I've never caught fish before. Probably yummy though," she offered with a laugh.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:50 pm
Johari had a friendly laugh at that, grinning at the darker female after. "It's easy once you get the hang of it... or, well, technically I guess it's harder compared to hunting, but, it's at least not as much work, so much as patience and timing. Here--"

She motioned that she intended to demonstrate, gesturing to a fish in the water, currently oblivious to their presence.

"They move quick... so usually the best way to catch them is to scare them with your paw, then catch them with your jaws. Like this..."

Once she found her position again she did just that, splashing the water with her left paw, and snapping her jaws forward almost simultaneously, closing them around the fish as it shot forward to try avoiding the first danger.

Closing her jaws around it until she was sure it was dead, she dropped it onto the "plate" with the rest, licking her jaws. "Want to give it a shot?"

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Asparegus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:59 pm
"Really?" She tried to do just what Johari did after spotting a fish that looked to be in a good position for it. She struck the water and opened her jaws but it slipped away, going in a different direction. "I suppose it takes some getting used to," she laughed.

She eyed the "plate". With how many were in their small "company", they'd need a good amount more. "Well, time to get crackin' I suppose!"

[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff