Reply Buying and Advice
I'm in a predicament. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mathem

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:15 pm
I don't know if any of you are hunters out there but anyways.
My parents gave a me a deal that if I got good grades for my senior year, they would buy me any gun I wanted. I ofcourse danced and said I wanted a Colt .45. Buuut, no. It has to be a hunting gun. So either a shotgun, or rifle.
Now see, I use a shotgun most of the time for birds, rabbits, ect. So it's kinda universal. But deer hunting with rifles is my passion. But it's only once a year. What should I get? Rifle or shotgun?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:30 pm
I'm moving this to the buying/advice subforum. ^^

As for what to get... well, you could always tell them people hunt with handguns. Which they do.

I'd get the shotgun so long as it was a rather nice one.  

Lord Plate
Crew

Mathem

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:33 pm
Yeeeah, i think my parents biggest issue is the problems I would encounter if I bought a handgun, and when i need to cross the border back into the states when i move. I would get beaten senseless with questions. So yeah. If I went with a shotgun i would go a highend brand like Mossberg or Benelli.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:38 pm
Yeah, I'd recommend either of those.

If the border you're crossing is the Canada/US one, you won't have any trouble going into Canada with it. Basically, don't declare the damn thing. mrgreen  

Lord Plate
Crew

Mathem

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:42 pm
Heh. I'm going into the states with it. And I can get a** raped with a fine if they decide to randomly search my car D:  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:48 pm
I'd wait until you get to the states to buy it anyway. Doesn't Canada have a sizable tax on firearms?  

Lord Plate
Crew

Mathem

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:51 pm
Yeah, i think. With the whole "No second amendment" thing you need tot take a test and all this crap. Friggin' Canucks.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:18 pm
I say go for a rifle. You could start out with a Remington 700 SPS and piss them off by building it into an M40 clone. xp  

I am an eggplant
Crew

Mathem

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Well sure.
But I'll be acctually using it for hunting purposes xD.
So no military awesomemness needed.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:39 pm
Mathem
Well sure.

Since when?  

ArmasTermin

Mathem

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:06 pm
ArmasTermin
Mathem
Well sure.

Since when?

Since I...decided?
There's no purpose to making it all fance schmancy if I'm shooting animals with it. Especially since Ill be carrying it through muck, cornfields, and forests.
So all I'm asking is what would you get and why/ Shotgun or rifle.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:29 pm
For whatever my two cents are worth, I would vote for a shotgun with interchangeable barrels. You could have one dedicated to bird hunting and a second for nothing but deer slug. The best of all possible hunting solutions.

There are too many choices to make a firm suggestion. I'm a fan of the sadly discontinued Winchester Model 1300 and Model 12 shotguns. The Model 12 is about as nice a breakdown gun as you can find.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Sabotabby

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:43 pm
benelli makes fabulous shotguns! But try out a few different shotguns and rifles at the store (snug them in your shuolder and see what you think) before you get any.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:45 pm
Ehh...I guess I didn't make my point clear.
I have a need for BOTH.
But I can only get ONE.
Which would you get and why?  

Mathem

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:11 pm
Mathem
Ehh...I guess I didn't make my point clear.
I have a need for BOTH.
But I can only get ONE.
Which would you get and why?

You you are going for birds, and deer. Just get a shotgun, they do both very well.  
Buying and Advice

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff