Reply Buying and Advice
MG42 help Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EmpressMotoko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:04 pm
Im going to build an MG42 but If found a few plans with no mesurements or anything that would be a real help. So Im looking to my pals for help.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:52 pm
EmpressMotoko
Im going to build an MG42 but If found a few plans with no mesurements or anything that would be a real help. So Im looking to my pals for help.

Well... if you're not looking for functionality but exactness and you have the money. Some places sell 'part kits' of MG42s and MG34s, only thing is the receiver is torch cut and some other parts might be missing but they're about whole.  

OberFeldwebel

I am an eggplant
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:48 pm
Are you thinking about getting an 80% complete receiver? It's not exactly a project for someone who's just starting out.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:39 am
ohh links?  

EmpressMotoko

Lord Plate
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:45 am
x.X

I don't recommend trying to build an MG42 unless you have some experience with other stuff.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:50 am
Lord Plate
x.X

I don't recommend trying to build an MG42 unless you have some experience with other stuff.
I do and I have a friend who is a machines and has a part stamper.  

EmpressMotoko

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:30 pm
I don't suggest building an MG42 period if you have no wish to deal with the BATF.

That is, unless there is more than one MG42.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:14 pm
uryu ishida
I don't suggest building an MG42 period if you have no wish to deal with the BATF.

That is, unless there is more than one MG42.
No legaly of course.  

EmpressMotoko

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:17 pm
If you are a lisenced manufacturer of NFA Class-III firearms, you won't have to deal with being in legal piles of crap, but as a civilian, you must register it. And, the NFA has restrictic civilain Class III (macine guns, not silencers or AOWs) to having been manufactured and registred before or when the NFA went into effect. The only people that are allowed to register new class-III firearms is law enforcement and Military.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:12 pm
uryu ishida
If you are a lisenced manufacturer of NFA Class-III firearms, you won't have to deal with being in legal piles of crap, but as a civilian, you must register it. And, the NFA has restrictic civilain Class III (macine guns, not silencers or AOWs) to having been manufactured and registred before or when the NFA went into effect. The only people that are allowed to register new class-III firearms is law enforcement and Military.

The only restrictions on owning a classIII are:
1) criminal record (no felonies or anything worse than a traffic violation.)
2) a $200 tax.  

Freak_090
Captain

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:19 pm
I know and speak commonly with a Class III AOW and Law Enforcement dealer. Hero Gear. I also have learned of the NFA through a lot of different sources, a fair portion of which linked to www.guncite.com, and even a few dealers themselves. THe NFA restricted registration of new machine guns to law enforcement. THey had ot have been registered when the NFA went into effect. If it wasn't so, purchaing a machine gun wouldn't cost you six digits plus the tax. I would prefer being able to go look at the text itself. Give me a day or two and I'll find it.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:25 pm
Found the article!

Since the Firearms Owners' Protection Act of May 19, 1986, ownership of newly manufactured machine guns has been prohibited to civilians. Machine guns which were manufactured prior to the Act's passage are regulated under the National Firearms Act, but those manufactured after the ban cannot ordinarily be sold to or owned by civilians.

http://guncite.com/gun_control_gcfullau.html

I;m still goingot see if they have a link to the actual text itself, but I;m not that far in the article as of yet.  

uryu ishida

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:31 pm
Or you can make any NFA weapon, except for machine guns (see
below), by filing ATF Form 1, "Application to Make and Register a
Firearm", and paying the $200 making tax, which applies to all of
these weapons, including AOW's. You may not make the proposed
weapon until the Form 1 is returned to you approved. The law
enforcement certification, photos and fingerprints also apply to
Form 1's, and in fact to any transfer to an individual.
Additionally the manufacturer of any NFA weapon, including an
individual making one on a Form 1 must mark the receiver of the
weapon with the maker's name and city and state. NFA Branch can
grant exemptions from this for DD's. All types of corporations,
including corporate type 01 FFL holders, need not do the
certification, photo and fingerprint requirements. Any of the
forms listed, and the fingerprint cards, are available for free
from ATF, either in Washington, D.C. or your local office.

Here is a good resource for you:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/wbardwel/public/nfalist/nfa_faq.txt  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:32 pm
err well im in Canada.......  

EmpressMotoko

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:30 pm
Canada's laws are actually worse than in America. I would suggest speaknig ot your federal firearms agency about this matter.  
Buying and Advice

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff