Reply [IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]
[PRP] Stop - Muroki/Johari Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:13 pm
They'd stopped at midday to avoid the scorching hot sun, passing the time under a shady tree, but otherwise the group of lions had been on the move all day. When night came it wasn't long, just a couple of hours, before Muroki had them stop in a rough spot - all bushes and stunted trees -for a nice long rest . After all, they'd be up at dawn. Still, as he laid stretched out, watching some go find water and others sleep, Muroki couldn't drift off. He just felt proud, happy and sort of responsible for the small band. Not really tired, not yet. Even though he'd tucked himself in an out of the way corner in the scrub.

With a smile, he got up again and went to find Johari. He padded around a dozing off Kainda and paused to make sure she was fine after running back to them. Then it was back on a mission to see the golden lioness with a spring in his step and a purr in his throat.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:20 pm
Johari was actually one of the few in search of water. She hadn't had much luck yet, but was tracking a faint scent to see what she might find anyway. When she heard Muroki following her trail she paused, looking back over her shoulder, intense green eyes standing out like beacons in the night. She smiled, a rumbling purr echoing his.

"Muroki... I thought you'd be asleep already by now." She greeted, not at all disappointed to be joined by her mate on her search.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:27 pm
It didn't take long for him to find her. Muroki walked until he was alongside Johari, rubbing his cheek against her shoulder as she went like an affectionate cat. It still thrilled him to be able to do something like that, chaste though it was. Golden eyes met green.

"On a night like this? Impossible."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:58 pm
It was with one of her rare, actual grins that Johari listened.

"A night like this, hm...? And what kind of night would this be, if I may be so bold?" She'd tease, brushing her muzzle against his in return for the gesture to her shoulder, but otherwise perfectly content and happy just to be walking together like they had all those mornings before.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:03 pm
"All is well, everyone's safe, it's a nice clear night..." He listed them as is if he were just scratching mundane things off a list, though they both knew these things were good. More than good. Things so far had been great and nothing had gone wrong since they'd hit the road really. Nothing worth noting. So then he smiled and winked at his mate, feeling impish in his happiness.

"Then there's a gorgeous girl I happen to know."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:40 pm
As he listed things off Johari gave a short nod to each, agreement. All was well, yes, everyone safe, yes, a clear night, yes, yes. Oh, and then that comment.

"Oh? Should I be jealous?" She couldn't help but chuckle, humbled by the wink and compliment, and letting her eyes flicker ahead to where a small stream trickled. Likely the others would find this soon too.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:45 pm
He just laughed softly and kept his peace until they reached the stream. Muroki noted it not long after she did and swiftly came up with an idea. The silence was comfortable enough, with such a companion.

He crouched down on all fours and lapped up some of the fresh water quite innocently.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:37 am
She moved along side of him and crouched down as well, trusting, and began to partake from the stream too. Drinking until she had her fill, she caught the stray water dripping from the top of her muzzle with her tongue. Her eyes caught the stars reflecting on the dark surface of the water then, and she couldn't help but stare in silent admiration while she waited for Muroki to finish.  

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:18 am
As he finished quenching his thirst, Muroki snuck a glance at his intended victim - he'd been going to start a water fight if he could, maybe one of their chases. That he could joke around and play with Johari as well as have serious conversations was something he liked about their relationship.

...but she did look so peaceful. So he let it go and just straightened up, waiting for her in turn.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:26 am
"They reflect like this at the shrine back home."

She knew that he'd know just what and where she meant, and she was also sure that he'd be able to tell it was an observation of nostalgic happiness rather than homesickness. Leaning over with a purr, she brushed her head against his, adding a soft, heartfelt confession.

"Of all the places I could have gone, or all the lions I could have gone with, there's no where else I'd rather be than here at your side..."

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:38 am
Muroki understood, summoning up an image of the view as he could remember it from his cave in the Unity Walker lands. He looked up at the sky now and smiled. It really was a gorgeous night. Then Johari moved and spoke again and everything seemed to shine that much brighter.

"I can't describe how happy I am that you're with me." He turned his gaze to her once more and inclinded his head to rest his cheek against hers a moment.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:50 am
The lioness felt a broader smile pull at her muzzle at his returned affection, and she lifted a paw around his front for a moment in a partial hug before moving to stand again.

And when she was sure that his guard was absolutely dropped, that same paw reached down to sweep some of the water in his direction with a wide grin, just before she darted to the middle of the stream. Bright green eyes glimmered, playfully taunting in the dark, as bright as the stars themselves.

"You're it!" She giggled.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:54 am
For a second, Muroki sat with the silliest expression on his face, watching her bound off. Then with a feeling like his heart was about to burst - see?? This was the girl for him! - he started to give chase, laughing as he went. Water droplets went flying everywhere as they went.

"Only for a little while!"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:05 pm
This time it was a heartfelt laugh that followed his promise, and she kept her pace, flying through the stream and enjoying the freedom. In the jungles and forests back home, running flat out like this was impossible. One had to worry about vines, roots, plants, trees, holes and alcoves that they couldn't immediately detect. Out here it was just wide open spaces. The wind in their fur, the water at their paws, the stars acting as their daylight, and the light of their lives keeping them each companionship.

"Only if you can catch me!" She taunted, relishing the chase.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:51 pm
Right - that taunt did it. Muroki lowered his head as he ran, changing from a cub like leaping gait to a proper sprint for a while. Time to catch his queen! Running together was a pure joy, all speed and giggles.

He even managed a mock growl as he closed the gap between them.

[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff