Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
T.T Stupid Abilities... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Le Kayk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:42 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
...people imagined its eerie howls...

Ugh... Is there a place where you can take your Pokemon and have its ability changed to the other of the two? Breeding for the right nature takes forever as it is, but matching up abilities takes even longer. T.T First Murkrow with Insomnia and now Houndour with Early Bird. *headdesk*

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

...to be the call of the Grim Reaper...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:11 pm
nope you just have to match up your abilites to the correct one like if you wanted your yanmega to learn the ability tainted lens you would have to have a yanma with the one that isnt Speed boost(forgot what it was)  

16bit-Plumber

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:10 pm
Ya what he said the abilities are random like the natures unless of course you nature breed using Dittos.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm
50:50 is pretty discouraging though.

=o

That's why I tend to stay away from duo-abilities.  

Shigeru the Hero

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:56 pm
16bit-Plumber
nope you just have to match up your abilites to the correct one like if you wanted your yanmega to learn the ability tainted lens you would have to have a yanma with the one that isnt Speed boost(forgot what it was)

its "tinted" lense sweatdrop not important but speed boost is probably more useful XD  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:56 pm
Deathguiser
16bit-Plumber

its "tinted" lense sweatdrop not important but speed boost is probably more useful XD

For the majority of Yanmega Tinted Lens is better over Speed Boost.  

Kunx990

Bouncy_Pineapple

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:56 pm
I think if you give the Pokemon everstone while breeding it has more of a chance to pass down its ability, along with its nature. O_o I heard it from somewhere.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:14 pm
Do you not know about the ditto trick or what?  

Itakio

o-Soulless Raven-o

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:00 pm
well imagine a scyzor with speed boost now thats what i call i pokemon  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:52 pm
Kunx990
Deathguiser
16bit-Plumber

For the majority of Yanmega Tinted Lens is better over Speed Boost.

yamega cannot outrun most sweepers without speed boost, even with Max IV's and EV's plus a speed nature. Protect for one turn, speed boost. I don't know who you have been battling, but every yamega I have fought uses speed boost. If you still don't believe me, go on smogon and look up the common movesets for yanmega. Out of the three most common, I believe you will find 2 to use speed boost, and one the ability is up to you.  

Deathguiser

Le Kayk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:00 pm

Nope. I don't know the Ditto trick. sweatdrop I've heard of it, but I don't know how it works exactly.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:22 pm
The Ditto trick is simple. If you want to get Pokemon with certain natures, get a Ditto with the nature you want the Pokemon to be. Give it the Everstone and mate it with _____ and ______ has a 50% chance of getting the nature of the Ditto. Then getting the Abilities should be pretty easy.  

PhoenixBlade983

Le Kayk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:30 pm

Sweet beans! *goes to track down lots of Ditto*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:23 pm
um i hate overgrow i wana sceptile with speed boost crying also can somone pm how to get the thing in yer post evry time like yer houndoom one  

the Nightmarish Angel

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:27 pm
sceptile the jungell king
um i hate overgrow i wana sceptile with speed boost crying also can somone pm how to get the thing in yer post evry time like yer houndoom one

Just breed a Sceptile with three Darkrais.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff