Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Time travel! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should I invest in foriegn currecy? Everything's in the USD at the moment for me.
  Yes, the Euro
  Yes. *other curency*
  No.
  I don't know.
View Results

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:36 pm
Would you travel 100 years in the future or 100 years in the past? Pick one. You can go back to the past and change it, or go into the future and join it or come back and change something now to aviod the future you saw. Let's assume nothing is set in stone and nothing is "destined to be." Put down this:

-Forward or back?
-What would you change?
-Why?
-How do you think today would be different? (answers may be simple or complex, complex or semi-complex answers are prefferd)
-Chocolate or vanilla?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:10 pm
I would go forward, get cybernetics, come back and kick some a**.  

Rellik Chan

dark_LordBeld

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:54 pm
Rellik Chan
I would go forward, get cybernetics, come back and kick some a**.

thats a good i dea, but i personally would lean more towards the past option.
not anywhere close to 100 years but there are some things i would change in my own life  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:35 pm
.....go to future times, get many weapons, and state of the art super armor, along with genetic enhancements.......then travel back to ancient times and declare my self a god.......

....now for my serious answer...I'd prefer not to screw around with it......knowing my luck I'd travel far enough in the future that the earth is sucked into a black hole......or mess up and end up in space while the earth is in another part of the orbit.....that and screwing up my own birth which would then mean I never existed to screw up my own birth........things like that....  

OverlordMMM

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:15 pm
I would go with the past, at least then I know what i"m getting myself into. I could research it to my hearts content before taking the jump and know everything I need to to avoid bad things happening, though I agree, I don't really want to be aroun 100 years ago at the height of the industrial revolution and all. Not the most appealing era to me personally.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:43 pm
OverlordMMM
.....go to future times, get many weapons, and state of the art super armor, along with genetic enhancements.......then travel back to ancient times and declare my self a god.......

....now for my serious answer...I'd prefer not to screw around with it......knowing my luck I'd travel far enough in the future that the earth is sucked into a black hole......or mess up and end up in space while the earth is in another part of the orbit.....that and screwing up my own birth which would then mean I never existed to screw up my own birth........things like that....

DUDE! You could be your own dad. D;  

Rellik San
Crew

Asher_Scree

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:00 pm
Mmm, well, there's no way I'd go back and change my life (I've already spent a good many years getting over my regrets) and I'm not really interested in times past so... I guess it would be the future for me. I'd like to see if this apocalyptic future has as many nightclubs as they do in all the movies...

And chocolate, definately chocolate.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:09 pm
I read a book (no idea what it was called) where this girl used a machine to travel into the future, but she only traveled through time, not space. So since the earth kept moving, but she didn't, she ended up in the middle of nowhere in space and died.
domokun

perrenthezombie

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:32 pm
Krypta9
I read a book (no idea what it was called) where this girl used a machine to travel into the future, but she only traveled through time, not space. So since the earth kept moving, but she didn't, she ended up in the middle of nowhere in space and died.
domokun
Sounds like a happy ending xd  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:32 pm
OverlordMMM

That would be freakin' AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Man, you could build an empire, "discover" North America/South America, and bend the land there to your will!!!Muahaha!  

Henneth Annun
Captain

osirisgoauldgoddess

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:38 pm
I don`t think so, it is best not to temper with the time. However 100 years are not really tempting for me either. Make it 4000 years into the future and I might go for it.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:15 pm
I would go to the future for 2 reasons. One you could wind up screwing something up and have a butterfly effect to where you weren't born or worse like WW 3 or something. The second reason is a lot of luxuries I am used to would not exist.  

Capn Cyrenaic

VampyreofGraves

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:00 pm
If i could choose i'd go to the passed, but thats me  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:15 am
Why, simply the choice is Vanilla.
As for the matter involving time travel, I would chose to simply stay put.
Previously stated was the possibility of a "butterfly effect". That, I believe would happen at even the slightest alteration of history, past, present, or even future.

If you alter the past, you thus alter all of the future which is a massive change that could invariably affect the entire universe. Just as changing the future may as well do.

Staying put is the best option.
Besides, the Time Machine is a crappy ride.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

dark_LordBeld

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:05 am
Macabre_Cogitation
Why, simply the choice is Vanilla.
As for the matter involving time travel, I would chose to simply stay put.
Previously stated was the possibility of a "butterfly effect". That, I believe would happen at even the slightest alteration of history, past, present, or even future.

If you alter the past, you thus alter all of the future which is a massive change that could invariably affect the entire universe. Just as changing the future may as well do.

Staying put is the best option.

Besides, the Time Machine is a crappy ride.

its not a bad idea if it only goes forward at regular speed xd xd  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces