Welcome to Gaia! ::

Super-Happy-Fun-Time Guild

Back to Guilds

A fun place to make both friends and gold. 

Tags: giveaway, game, gold, contest, free 

Reply Contests, Giveaways, and General Chat
Seen any good movies lately? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Let's all go to the lobby, let's all go to the lobby...
  Let's all quit singing that song before Sheer gets it stuck in her head xP
  D'oh! Too late D=
View Results

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:46 am
I think the last movie I saw was the new RE movie. It was pretty good - the special effects were great, and the crows were awesome xD There was a bit of it that I didn't think fit in with the theme of the movie, but at least they hinted at it at the end of the second movie, so it wasn't completely "WTF?"

Spoiler:
Alice's psychic powers. I can see the T-virus boosting her strength and agility, because it was made to strengthen the little girl's muscles, and I suppose I could see it boosting the brain cells too, but I still thought it was a bit of a stretch D=

Anyway...seen any good movies lately? ^.^  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:52 pm
I've seen quite a few good movies lately, mostly comedies, like license to wed and evan almighty, both awesome, I lol'd so many times xd  

j-factor762

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:14 pm
Requiem-X2
I've seen quite a few good movies lately, mostly comedies, like license to wed and evan almighty, both awesome, I lol'd so many times xd
Those were good? I've mostly heard negative things about them >.< (haven't seen them myself, though)  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:23 pm
no not really....I'm thinking about watching a horror movie or something  

Broken_Wingless

j-factor762

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:34 pm
Sheer_Immortal
Requiem-X2
Those were good? I've mostly heard negative things about them >.< (haven't seen them myself, though)

Really? Those two movies are really popular around here. I wouldn't call them epic or masterpieces, there were a couple things I didn't like, but they make you laugh, and that's what makes a good comedy.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:01 pm
Requiem-X2
Sheer_Immortal
Requiem-X2

Really? Those two movies are really popular around here. I wouldn't call them epic or masterpieces, there were a couple things I didn't like, but they make you laugh, and that's what makes a good comedy.
Well, like, with License to Wed, one of the "good" things that I remember hearing about it is that the guy (whats-his-face...the guy from The Office) will probably go on to do better movies xD I dunno, I heard that they were predictable and "had their moments", but overall weren't that great. But like I said, I have yet to see them for myself ^.^

Xumander - ooo, I love horror movies, myself. ^.^  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Mochikomi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:54 pm
Narnia.
I watch it all the time, but I still like it.
Makes me feel Christmas-y.
;D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:04 pm
Sheer_Immortal
Requiem-X2
Sheer_Immortal
Requiem-X2

Well, like, with License to Wed, one of the "good" things that I remember hearing about it is that the guy (whats-his-face...the guy from The Office) will probably go on to do better movies xD I dunno, I heard that they were predictable and "had their moments", but overall weren't that great. But like I said, I have yet to see them for myself ^.^

Well, if you don't like comedies I don't think you'll like them that much, if at all. There's also the fact I love almost anything that makes me laugh xd Even if that's not its purpose.  

j-factor762

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:22 pm
Requiem-X2
Sheer_Immortal
Requiem-X2
Sheer_Immortal
Requiem-X2

Well, if you don't like comedies I don't think you'll like them that much, if at all. There's also the fact I love almost anything that makes me laugh xd Even if that's not its purpose.
Nah, I have no problem with comedies; I'm just generally more into the raunchier ones xD

I also love unintentionally funny movies, like Jeepers Creepers. ^.^  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:44 pm
Sheer_Immortal
Requiem-X2
Sheer_Immortal
Requiem-X2
Sheer_Immortal
Requiem-X2

Nah, I have no problem with comedies; I'm just generally more into the raunchier ones xD

That movie is funny? sweatdrop I can't imagine that. Um, at the risk of sounding ignorant, what does raunchier mean?  

j-factor762

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:06 pm
Requiem-X2
Sheer_Immortal

That movie is funny? sweatdrop I can't imagine that. Um, at the risk of sounding ignorant, what does raunchier mean?
Meh, I thought it was funny, but not on purpose. Like, it was so lame, it was funny. In my opinion, anyway ^.^

Raunchy means something like vulgar, crude, or obscene. 3nodding Like dirty jokes vs. knock-knock jokes; dirty jokes are raunchier than knock-knock jokes ^.^  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 pm
Sheer_Immortal
Requiem-X2
Sheer_Immortal

Meh, I thought it was funny, but not on purpose. Like, it was so lame, it was funny. In my opinion, anyway ^.^

Raunchy means something like vulgar, crude, or obscene. 3nodding Like dirty jokes vs. knock-knock jokes; dirty jokes are raunchier than knock-knock jokes ^.^

That's one of the best kinds of funny. So lame it makes you laugh XD That has saved so many awful shows.

I figured that's what it meant, but I wasn't sure since I haven't seen raunchy humor in a while. Yeah, dirty jokes are definetly raunchier XD  

j-factor762

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:22 pm
Requiem-X2
Sheer_Immortal
Requiem-X2
Sheer_Immortal

That's one of the best kinds of funny. So lame it makes you laugh XD That has saved so many awful shows.

I figured that's what it meant, but I wasn't sure since I haven't seen raunchy humor in a while. Yeah, dirty jokes are definetly raunchier XD

Hehe, it's like this new vampire show that just came out - called "Moonlight," I think. I happened to catch it last week, and couldn't keep myself from making comments throughout the show xD

Speaking of vampires, I'm looking forward to "30 Days of Night". I haven't seen the graphic novels that the movie's based on (didn't know that it was based on graphic novels 'til I was looking up stuff on the movie), but it looks good 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:44 am
Sheer_Immortal
Requiem-X2
Sheer_Immortal
Requiem-X2
Sheer_Immortal

Hehe, it's like this new vampire show that just came out - called "Moonlight," I think. I happened to catch it last week, and couldn't keep myself from making comments throughout the show xD

Speaking of vampires, I'm looking forward to "30 Days of Night". I haven't seen the graphic novels that the movie's based on (didn't know that it was based on graphic novels 'til I was looking up stuff on the movie), but it looks good 3nodding

You like vampire movies a lot, do you? I've never seen one myself, can you believe it? I think that movie already came out, so I'm sure you've seen it already xd Your new avatar looks kinda vampire-ish too, is it because of that?  

j-factor762

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:37 am
I am a fan of vampires, yeah wink I even run a roleplaying game based on vampires xD

Yeah, my bf took me to see it this last weekend xd It was decent, but I thought it kinda crapped out towards the end (I heard the graphic novel did the same, so I guess it was true to the story then whee ).

You've never seen a vampire movie? eek (*dies*) xP

Well, if you're looking to broaden your horizons, I'd suggest "John Carpenter's Vampires". Not the sequel, with Bon Jovi, but the original with James Woods 3nodding That'un's my favorite ^.^

Nah, I just felt like a "queen of the underverse" look xD And I figured that if the brooches actually mean anything in terms of the event, then I had better wear my Vonpire brooch (I dunno that they will, but just in case) ^.^  
Contests, Giveaways, and General Chat

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff