Submit

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:25 pm
Johari stared out into the heat of the desert from her resting spot at the oasis chain. They'd made camp at the last oasis, and already the others had gone off to hunt. Johari was feeling strange however, so she opted to stay behind. Maybe the after effects of her now receeding cycle, or maybe the adjustment from humid and hot to hot and dry weather. Whatever the case, she was worn out without having done much.

After a while she began to grow restless, and thirsty, so, rising to her paws the female carried herself in the direction of the nearest water supply, to moisten her tender paw pads and have a drink as well. She wondered if any of the other pride members were about though. One would think with the size of their group it would be easy to tell, but at times it seemed like she was all alone when the others weren't immediately accounted for.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:35 pm
Ilori wandered the sands, searching for the right way to go. It was hard to say exactly what he was looking for. The desert only reminded him off... the firekin, and what they had done to his mother. He knew that these lions were different... and he was trying to fit in, he really was. It was harder than he had expected, for once.

All he had really felt like doing was sleeping, so for the most part, that was exactly what he had done. Slacked off... he had slacked off to no end. He couldn't believe how much he had done that! It had felt fine, he supposed, being lazy.

demonstration_evil

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:47 pm
Adanna loved being back in the desert. She didn't know what it was, but it was comforting being back. Her childhood had consisted of long periods of time in among the sands with her elder brothers. And though that wasn't the case now, it was still like meeting an old friend again after a long time.

She loped along at an easy going pace, her paws easily adjusting to the shifting sands. It was a familiar form of balance, like riding a bike. The heat was scortching, but for some reason it didn't bother her. How it affected her family, however, was a little different. Nukta and one of her sons suffered in the heat due to their dark coats. At least little Ilori was a bit better off. She peered over her shoulder to look at the boy, since he had come along.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:22 pm
The female looked up again from where she'd just settled herself down at the side of the oasis, smiling at the arrival of the mother and her cub. She wondered if or when Muroki and she would have little ones of their own, but didn't put a rush on it. They had a mission still after all.

"At least I'm not the only one braving the heat for a drink. Hello, Adanna, Ilori..." She smiled at the two, eyes flickering from mother to son respectively.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

demonstration_evil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:32 pm
Ilori smiled brightly, despite his dislike of the desert... he still liked the people. He liked the Queen of the Dawnwalkers, she always seemed to be really friendly. He didn't mind her at all... but then, as long as people were nice to him, Ilori generally liked them.

"Hello Majesty," He said, grinning brightly, "So nice to see you."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:42 pm
"Braving? Don't know what you're talking about! I happen to like this temperature," Ada scoffed with a grin, siding over the water. She bent down to lap up some of the cool liquid. The only thing she could say about when they had been traveling was that having water constantly was a blessing. In the pridelands they had even been able to swim! But she didn't mind not doing so here. It felt more...normal.  

Ary Keeyara

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:56 pm
"And you as well Ilori. It's good to see a pair of young spirits out and about, always." She chuckled, though truthfully she was even younger than Adanna, she admired the mother's spirit and energy, so she could call her such.

Shifting on her paws so that she supported her weight in more of a sitting posture, she grinned at the older female.

"It's an adjustment from where I used to live. Your mate... he carries the same markings as my old pride, the Unity Walkers? I don't guess maybe you know if he's from that bloodline?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:03 pm
Ilori smiled back at her before he looked down at his own paws thoughtfully, smiling as he saw the markings on his legs. Though his brother was plain black like his mother was plain orange, Ilori had some of the markings that his father did. He thought that they were pretty...

He bent down and started to drink from the pool, listening to the older females talk. It was wierd... constantly being around other lions. He was used to being alone.

demonstration_evil

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:09 pm
Adanna lifted her head, licking her whiskers of drops of water as she thought. The Unity Walkers...? The name sure sounded familiar. "Hm...sounds kinda familiar...I think Ausi talked about it once...she's Nukta's mother. Not too sure though," she mused. Family lines had never been something she had really kept track of. She only knew of her only family's past because of tales from her brothers...and anything that had to do with those boys stuck in her head like glue.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:23 pm
"I see, well, it's mostly just curiosity."

Her eyes drifted towards the horizon where the captured temple rested. Would they be able to free their comrades from the vultures? She couldn't imagine what it must be like, being slaves to birds who couldn't care less if you lived or died? What would they find in rescuing them? Was there anyone left to rescue?

"So... Ilori, do you like it here so far?" She smiled, glancing from Adanna to the young boy with her.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

demonstration_evil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:28 pm
Ilori blinked, a little suprised that he had been spoken too now, "Oh... well... it's... wierd I guess. I mean... we traveled a lot, always saw new places every day... and now there are always people and lions around... so... I guess... it's wierd." He repeated himself, "I never thought we'd stop moving. Now that we have... it isn't good or bad, it's just different."

He looked off into the distance as well, "I like the desert... I think... or I think that I like the desert. I don't mind the heat, like mom," He smiled up at Ada.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:33 pm
"That's my boy!" Adanna said with a grin. She leaned towards him, lifting a paw and ruffling his growing mane. She leaned back a little though, looking out at the sand, "Miss the moving a bit too myself but...plenty of room to move around here. It just feels more...active. When me 'n Nukta hung around the pridelands we didn't have to do much." She laughed though, dawning a grin, "Nukta sure liked it, lazy bum!" It was an affectionate sort of scolding towards her absent mate.  

Ary Keeyara

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:43 pm
"I can't say I blame you. We didn't travel for as long as you but, I got used to seeing different places all the time too. You're both very lucky that you got to see as much as you did. I hope the adjustment will end up being a positive change for you in the end."

She purred, lifting a paw to flex her toes before settling it back down again against the warm sands.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:50 pm
"Yeah... I guess so," Ilori smiled, "And don't call dad a lazy bum mom, or I get twice the blame!" True enough, next to his father's laziness, Ilori could have likely won a gold metal. It was just his way. More so than he had been before, but he felt less like doing things he didn't want to do lately... and was much better at escaping.

Before he had searched every area he went to, very thouroughly, before they left it. By now he knew every knook and cranny of their area. All the better for getting out of too much hard work.

He snuggled up against his mother, "I like it when it's warmer out. I like the desert..." but he liked traveling. He missed it. He guessed he would get used to staying in one place, and it was better than it was a place he liked... it made it easier.

demonstration_evil

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:54 pm
"Well maybe you should get up and move around more! I don't understand you boys, always wanting to sit around. I couldn't stand doing that," she shook her head, giving Ilori an affectionate push. She turned slightly, offering the queen a wide grin, "Think it's a male thing, don't you?" She was jesting, of course.  
[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff