Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Arts (Writing, drawing, Commission services and more!)
My Sakura tree finished (colored) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nuk0n

Feline Gaian

4,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:47 pm
Yata!

I finished my colored version of my sakura tree

User Image

---dang color is pretty messy---- neutral

---advise to improve the pic are welcome---arigatou gozaimas!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:12 pm
Mmm, lovely... I really like the richness of the trunk's color, and the alternating shades of pinks. Also, nice touch with the branches poking out through the blossoms... whee The flatness of the bottom of the tree bothers me a little, but other than that I like it very much. What medium did you use to color it? biggrin  

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Nuk0n

Feline Gaian

4,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:04 pm
thanks! Guess i'll fix the flatness --thanks for the advise as well--

Medium? i think i used a wax crayon -- XD  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:59 am
Really? Geez... eek I have the utmost respect for people who can use crayons to create works of art, especially as they seem difficult to layer. I thought for a while there it was oil pastel or something! biggrin  

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Bellabie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:29 am
Wow!
Lovely!
heart

I was going to draw the sakura tree, but didn't... I was distracted and only got so far.
(Perhaps I'll enter this in Neon's contest, also...)
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:22 am
>to kyangfan
Eheh, thanks. I don't really use oil pastel much, I used crayon cause thats the only coloring material I have at the time

>to bellabie
Hey thats a nice work! If it would be a sakura tree It might have been awesome. Goodluck on winning too--- XD  

Nuk0n

Feline Gaian

4,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:08 pm
Well, it's pretty dang amazing! xd I have a friend who doodles all the time with a Sharpie, because she doesn't have anything else to draw with in class... and she creates these stunning little pieces on scraps of notebook paper and on the insides of her folders. We make use of what we have, after all... ^^

Bella: the touch with the ribbon blending into the branch is absolutely beautiful! The abstract yet fanciful feel of the picture is really quite interesting... It goes quite hand-in-hand with the Krusadin picture, in my mind. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:31 pm
Thank you both very much! Your encouragement is astounding.
heart
b  

Bellabie

Nuk0n

Feline Gaian

4,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:53 am
>kyangfan
oh cool! Hmmm....to think of it, a lot of people in our class does something like that using different stuff drawing on different things. i'm also amazed when i see them, a lot of people (poeple who are artist) are resourceful!

>to bellabie
Hey sure thing-- xd

Oh, almost forgot. pls call me len for short. Its an abbreviation of my real name (for some reason i avoid using my real name) Thanks ! XD  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:37 pm
70v3n
>kyangfan
oh cool! Hmmm....to think of it, a lot of people in our class does something like that using different stuff drawing on different things. i'm also amazed when i see them, a lot of people (poeple who are artist) are resourceful!

>to bellabie
Hey sure thing-- xd

Oh, almost forgot. pls call me len for short. Its an abbreviation of my real name (for some reason i avoid using my real name) Thanks ! XD

Len, you say? Sure thing! ^_^ Most people, I think, don't use their real names anyway, so it's not a big deal.. My own username is based off my best friend's abbv., because it's cool-sounding and he's an amazing artist (who is severely in denial rolleyes ) and maybe he will lend me positive karma somehow. xp  

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Nuk0n

Feline Gaian

4,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:45 am
hehehe, thanks. Wow, seeing u have a nice username I wonder what ur name is? Hay, wait, why is he in denial (sorry for asking I know its not my buss, but I got curious) sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:29 pm
Oh, he's just kinda self-conscious about his art, though he draws really well(like snakes, and plants and animals... that kind of thing). Every time I compliment his art he goes off "no, it's horrible, how can you say it's good, this isn't even art" etc., etc. He's a good friend, though... almost like a brother. ^^ And his name was cool shortened. My real name is one of the months, and yet not my birth month. sweatdrop Ironic...  

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Nuk0n

Feline Gaian

4,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:53 am
Hmmmm...I can relate to htat, somehiow hen I draw I seem to hthink its distorted or something(this is usually the cause of me taking along time to finish). But ur friend must be good!

Wait I still can't get ur name, ehhehe sorry sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:01 pm
It's June, but I just go by Kyangfan online. It's easier to remember, after all. ^^ And yeah he is good, just doesn't seem to accept it. sweatdrop I can understand the distortion thing too, because it happens to me all the time... it's hard to tell, so I usually have to ask other people for their opinions before I finish. ^^;;  

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Nuk0n

Feline Gaian

4,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:47 am
hmmm... nice name, haven't met anyone with thename june before. I think June is easier because it has less syllablel thank kyangfan, but kyangfan is more unique.

Well, i see all of my drawngs as distorted(all the anime at least or any human figure), I don't bother to ask anyone cause they never say anything bad about it......i don know maybe its just me? Dang even tried to draw everybody's avatar here in the art arena, i failed miserably sweatdrop  
Arts (Writing, drawing, Commission services and more!)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games