Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Extended Discussion
gay marriage Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

carry on wayward daughter

Dapper Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:18 pm
yay or nay?

in my personal opinion, gays have the right to get married like anyone else. but, then again, im a really liberal person. i border on libertarianism.

anyway...

yay or nay?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:46 pm
tourniquetsmile
yay or nay?

in my personal opinion, gays have the right to get married like anyone else. but, then again, im a really liberal person. i border on libertarianism.

anyway...

yay or nay?

i dont mind it~ i respect their decision to get married 3nodding ---the problem arises from a-holes who are stuck in a one-minded way and say that its intirely against god and blah blah blah...*and most of those (mostly, 90%) republican bastards are FREAKS. >< so many of them have been found sleeping with men, or should i say BOYS...ha! dont eeeeven get me started..*

if it was so much against god, he wouldn't have given us free will >,>~ we have it for a reason---

now, personally, its kinda against my morals, but who am i to judge?! i don't do everything to everyone elses standards, so why should they? i dont agree with everyone, and neither should they. It's their life, let them live it wink  

scintillio

Bellabie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:07 am
I have absolutely no problems with gay/lesbian love. I think that it is magnificent that people should be able to "pursue happiness" however they wish, so long as it doesn't hurt anyone.
I think that Gay and Lesbian Marriage is a red-meat issue that politicians throw about rather than dealing with real issues. Personally, I think it would be just magnificent if people could marry to whichever gender they wished, but I don't think that it is fair to say that everyone who opposes the issue is anti-homosexual. (In case you've not yet noticed. I'm trying my best to be very politically correct. Gay and Lesbian Marriage.)
Marriage is a legal issue, symbolized by the love that two people have for one another. I should like to think that if I ever love a man (or woman, I suppose) so much, I would not want to marry them. I think that it shows truer commitment not to "require proof," but that is personal taste.

Does the prevention of homosexual marriage infringe upon their rights to the pursuit of happiness?
b  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:30 pm
i totally agree with you Bella~ wink let people be happy~! ^_____^ you only have one life! cool

Bellabie
Does the prevention of homosexual marriage infringe upon their rights to the pursuit of happiness?
b

domokun yes, it does. the constitution is suspose to be undenounceable. its like the 'untimate common sense rule book'. but because they throw around words like 'god' and 'the bible' that's supose to make it ok.

ha! DEVOUT BASTARDS! >,< no! that doesn't make it ok---it makes it wrong on sooo many levels.

(you know, thats how many European countries long ago used to force other races and cultures into submition, by delcaring it 'unjust to god' or 'blasephemy' if they were themselves. BULLSH*T!) now the US wants to use it too.

for everything. ninja

Now, more and more, the government is trying to take away our basic rights to keep us sedated and retarded. like why is public school without the nessissary books, classrooms and standard classroom utencils it needs to function properly?! *and BELIEVE ME, i know what i'm saying, i live in what was declared the poorest city in the nation at one time.*

these schools are broken and poor, and the few students that do go to school when their suppose to, do not get what they need to survive. Like myself for example; there was so much more i could have learned, but could not because my 'newly renovated' school came without 'newly renovated' books! WTF?!

i totally blame the current government for this catastrophy. totally.

* sweatdrop oops, sorta got off topic...^^;...*  

scintillio

Bellabie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:29 pm
Czar Liece

domokun yes, it does. the constitution is suspose to be undenounceable. its like the 'untimate common sense rule book'. but because they throw around words like 'god' and 'the bible' that's supose to make it ok.

ha! DEVOUT BASTARDS! >,< no! that doesn't make it ok---it makes it wrong on sooo many levels.

Sorry sorry sorry!
Someone has to do it, and, quite frankly, I think it is good to do:
No.
I'd like to agree with you, but I cannot. You seem to suffer what many do (something that I am sure that I, too, am subject to, no doubt). You've been so ingrained to believe stereotype that you forget. Christianity is not the only religion that opposes homosexual relationships. Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are the "big three," but religion is not all that dictates the dislike.
If you think about it, (assuming that you believe in this) it is evolutionary not to.
As people have said that homosexuality is often genetic, then it would be something, like cannibalism, that we would have evolved to avoid to prevent endangering our line. (Cannibalism was evolved out of, more so the attempt to prevent the creation of resistant strains of disease, than the fact that one would be eating another. This is also a reason that we do not like the idea of eating animals sometimes because they look like us or resemble our young (you wouldn't want to eat a kitten, would you?).) If the homosexual mutation was spread (say, one of lesbianism, because it is often the male, in species, that approaches), then the line of that male who impregnated her may suffer. Thus it would be better for him to look elsewhere. On the other side, it is my theory that some men find lesbianism and some women think that gay men are attractive because it would trigger a part of the brain that says, "two is better than one."

Devil's Advocate, ftw!

From the standpoint of rights, I definitely think that people should be able to love whomever they choose. I merely wished to offer alternative views. (Even those ot religious that explain why people disagree with homosexuality.
Thank you.
b  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:00 pm
Who says th constitution of marriage has to be involved? Commonlaw relationships are a variant nobody has actually considered! Even if homosexuals aren't allowed to marry, they can still be together and mate as whatever gods exist intended and didn't intend! If you read my post in here concerning alternate realities, you shall find that recent god comment valid and just. And you won't. And you will care. And you won't.

Etcetera.  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Gender Swap 100

spaztastic psycho

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:01 am
Ok, i think they should be allowed to marry... i mean, if god wanted two men to be together, then he makes it so... so no one can say god didnt want two men or two wemon together... i belive that god is the one that makes everything happen... and he does it for a reason... so mabey he has something planed for gay marrage(like world domination)... plus, three of my uncles are gay...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:30 am
Bellabie
Czar Liece

Sorry sorry sorry!
Someone has to do it, and, quite frankly, I think it is good to do:
No.
I'd like to agree with you, but I cannot. You seem to suffer what many do (something that I am sure that I, too, am subject to, no doubt). You've been so ingrained to believe stereotype that you forget. Christianity is not the only religion that opposes homosexual relationships. Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are the "big three," but religion is not all that dictates the dislike.
If you think about it, (assuming that you believe in this) it is evolutionary not to.
As people have said that homosexuality is often genetic, then it would be something, like cannibalism, that we would have evolved to avoid to prevent endangering our line. (Cannibalism was evolved out of, more so the attempt to prevent the creation of resistant strains of disease, than the fact that one would be eating another. This is also a reason that we do not like the idea of eating animals sometimes because they look like us or resemble our young (you wouldn't want to eat a kitten, would you?).) If the homosexual mutation was spread (say, one of lesbianism, because it is often the male, in species, that approaches), then the line of that male who impregnated her may suffer. Thus it would be better for him to look elsewhere. On the other side, it is my theory that some men find lesbianism and some women think that gay men are attractive because it would trigger a part of the brain that says, "two is better than one."

Devil's Advocate, ftw!

From the standpoint of rights, I definitely think that people should be able to love whomever they choose. I merely wished to offer alternative views. (Even those ot religious that explain why people disagree with homosexuality.
Thank you.
b

ok. i really understand you. but answer me this.

if homosexuality is 'genetic' then why is there not, 'man, woman and *blank*?'
i mean, why did the world start out, and may i say pretty well, as far as mankind is concerned, with just man and woman---?

homosexuality, i believe is NOT geneic, because when your young, do you really understand what you are? no. you dont--you need people to tell you, you almost have to be taught that your a girl or a boy---

which is why i say homosexuality is infact inflicted by people, not genetics or the like.
people inflict themselves onto others, weather they know it or not---they influence you on many levels, even sub levels we do not know of.

homosexuality is not a 'dna' problem---its people really, who inflict themselves onto others---weather by rape, choice or just wanting to 'expermient.'

whee im sorry---but no, i dont agree with that. at all.  

scintillio

scintillio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:38 am
spaztastic psycho
Ok, i think they should be allowed to marry... i mean, if god wanted two men to be together, then he makes it so... so no one can say god didnt want two men or two wemon together... i belive that god is the one that makes everything happen... and he does it for a reason... so mabey he has something planed for gay marrage(like world domination)... plus, three of my uncles are gay...

xd
um----i believe its 'free will' that God gave us to do as we please. thus the gay issue and all that...

i dunno why some *and i do mean some, not all* people are starting to believe that God is just like this awesome superhero like being *not literally...but you know...* who'll swoop down and take care of whatever ales you.

God is like A FATHER, literally. Fathers,(well good fathers who love you), will tell you when you mess up, they'll help you---but does your father tell you what to do every second of the day?! does he follow you around and get on your case about EVERYTHING you do?

nope. thats not a father, thats a mother wink

a father will tell you what to do---and you choose to do what you will---listen or not.

God is the same. he'll love you, even when you f- up. but its YOUR choice---god doesn't have true dominion over this world like we think he does---he watches us grow and make desisions, and you can call him for help---but he does not own our lives. talk2hand  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:12 pm
Czar Liece

homosexuality, i believe is NOT geneic, because when your young, do you really understand what you are? no. you dont--you need people to tell you, you almost have to be taught that your a girl or a boy---

which is why i say homosexuality is infact inflicted by people, not genetics or the like.
people inflict themselves onto others, weather they know it or not---they influence you on many levels, even sub levels we do not know of.

Men, women, and ___?
Come again?
Hermaphrodites
As Nature Made Him
Intersex
(If you believe that my use of Wikipedia as a source is faulty, I suggest that you use the links provided at the bottom of each page)
Quote:

homosexuality is not a 'dna' problem---its people really, who inflict themselves onto others---weather by rape, choice or just wanting to 'expermient.'

First off: "Problem?" You say that you support gay/lesbian rights, but say that their "choice" is a "problem?"
I acknowledge that there is a portion of people who merely choose to love those of the same gender, but I do not think that makes up for the majority of homosexuals. (Note, my questioning is due to the fact that "mutation" is not a negative word, it is rather applicable. "Problem" denotes a negative aspect of the change.) So, if you would, please, correct this statement because I am very confused.
Homosexuals force themselves upon others because they were raped or because they want to experiment?

For those who are not familiar, the phrase devil's advocate is one used to describe to others that one is speaking against the general consensus in order to bring up more points on an issue. (Abraham Lincoln (who I personally think was rather ingenious in this) filled his advisory of opposing candidates so that he would be able to gain the information about what others thought on topics.)
"The phrase "let me play devil's advocate" or equivalent is used in group discussions to counter groupthink; the speaker is about to say something counter to the perceived group consensus and does not want to be personally ostracized for this." -- Devil's Advocate, Wikipedia

Also, because I severely lack knowledge of theology, who is it that does the "judging?" (... of who goes to the heaven, hell, or otherwise?)

Dear Czar, I think that your comparing the God of which you speak to a father is a very nice comparison. Regrettably, though, many seem to say that God's love is only applicable to those who follow his teachings. It is not unconditional, but quite the opposite.
You say that you are of the main denomination Christianity, is this your own opinion or what you are taught? I wonder because some of the sects seem to make it a point to recognize that there is a contradiction in some texts and I wished to know if this was the reason that they separated.

Thank you.
b  

Bellabie

Alchemist of the Twilight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:00 pm
I think that it's alright, because really, most people don't really decide whether they are gay or lesbian. Not being one, I do not know, but in my mind, it's more like, they're born that way and can't control it. You can't control emotions.
I'm not getting into the religious stuff, because I'm not too big a religious person.
I could get a lot more into, but as of now I am too lazy.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:25 pm
Alchemist of the Twilight
I think that it's alright, because really, most people don't really decide whether they are gay or lesbo. Not being one, I do not know, but in my mind, it's more like, they're born that way and can't control it. You can't control emotions.
I'm not getting into the religious stuff, because I'm not too big a religious person.
I could get a lot more into, but as of now I am too lazy.

Feel free to write however much you feel is necessary.
(the term "lesbo" may be offensive, I do not know, so please use it carefully)
I agree with you, in that, emotion has not, usually, a thing to do with what someone wishes. It is, as you say, out of their control.
b  

Bellabie

carry on wayward daughter

Dapper Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:37 pm
rofl

i love how this thread has started up.

thanks for letting me read the debate!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:20 am
Bellabie
Czar Liece

Men, women, and ___?
Come again?
Hermaphrodites
As Nature Made Him
Intersex
(If you believe that my use of Wikipedia as a source is faulty, I suggest that you use the links provided at the bottom of each page)
Quote:

First off: "Problem?" You say that you support gay/lesbian rights, but say that their "choice" is a "problem?"
I acknowledge that there is a portion of people who merely choose to love those of the same gender, but I do not think that makes up for the majority of homosexuals. (Note, my questioning is due to the fact that "mutation" is not a negative word, it is rather applicable. "Problem" denotes a negative aspect of the change.) So, if you would, please, correct this statement because I am very confused.
Homosexuals force themselves upon others because they were raped or because they want to experiment?

For those who are not familiar, the phrase devil's advocate is one used to describe to others that one is speaking against the general consensus in order to bring up more points on an issue. (Abraham Lincoln (who I personally think was rather ingenious in this) filled his advisory of opposing candidates so that he would be able to gain the information about what others thought on topics.)
"The phrase "let me play devil's advocate" or equivalent is used in group discussions to counter groupthink; the speaker is about to say something counter to the perceived group consensus and does not want to be personally ostracized for this." -- Devil's Advocate, Wikipedia

Also, because I severely lack knowledge of theology, who is it that does the "judging?" (... of who goes to the heaven, hell, or otherwise?)

Dear Czar, I think that your comparing the God of which you speak to a father is a very nice comparison. Regrettably, though, many seem to say that God's love is only applicable to those who follow his teachings. It is not unconditional, but quite the opposite.
You say that you are of the main denomination Christianity, is this your own opinion or what you are taught? I wonder because some of the sects seem to make it a point to recognize that there is a contradiction in some texts and I wished to know if this was the reason that they separated.

Thank you.
b

the word 'problem' the way i used it, was not suspose to mean that it is, infact a 'problem'; it was to make a statement, i suspose--but i could see how that could come across as such---since im not talking to you in person sweatdrop *darned words* xd

Hn, i think the opposite on the DNA thing. i think most people are conscientious of what their doing almost 80 or 90% of the time they do it. Yes, their is that rare 10 or less percentage who DO NOT know what they are, and thus might say it is because of genetics---but think like this:

i knew a guy at my high school who was gay, and his brother, his older brother, was also gay.
this could be infact genetic---or, the simple fact that the younger brother grew up very close to the elder and simply chose to become gay.

can i prove either one? nope, i cant---all you could do is ask. sweatdrop but thats rude...

sometimes i think most homosexuals say that its genetic because deep down inside they know its wrong---but this is from a religious stand point, so its mostly oppinion im speaking from. but i do believe that it may account for a few.

Oh~ about the judging, well i think that's Jesus...*from chrisitanity, of course* but i think most gods from lots of religions are the 'judge's' of their 'heavens, hells or nirvanas' or what nots.
My thing about God literally being a father does encompas all people---well, at least in my eyes it does.
God can still love you, or respect you, if you choose that instead---and know that you don't 'believe' in him---
like, i've seen people, drug addicts who steal from their parents---but the parents still love them, even though the child is now quite distant from them, and may not even respect them any longer..

Hopefully this makes sense. sweatdrop xd

Well, christianity, the whole of it---is man's idea. that is merely oppinions that people had when they started to discuss the Bible.
they divided, some, like in Judiasm *sry for misspellings!* believe in the old and not the new testimate---leaving out Jesus, the savior. some only believe in the context taken OUT of the bible---i think thats Mormons...
and Catholics... sweatdrop well, they do mostly ritual...*sry if i offend! but ive heard it from many ex-catholics that's all they do!*

there are lots, and they may believe what ever part they wish---but when i say Christian, for myself, it means i believe in ALL parts of the bible. not just one piece focusing on one perticuar family, person or problem. 3nodding  

scintillio

Dameon the -V-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:25 pm
it isnt exactly that gay marrage is bad but its more of the fact that it bothers people because they are afraid the "Queers" will go after them or they feel challenged....

Personally Im for it as long as im not the one getting married if im drunk

>.>
<.<

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out