Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Anyone else makes real houses? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rone R

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:05 pm
I ussually take photos then make them in the Sims game.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:49 am
Oh, well, I normally get blueprints of houses only. Like houseplans.com or somewhere like that, and then I divide the feet amount of the room by ten, and then I trasfer it into my sims game from re-constructing it from graph paper. It makes my houses realistic, not perfect, but at least they look and can feel like a real house.
Also, sometimes I make my own blueprints of other homes. I have done my home many times, and they almost come out perfect. Alot better then the ones you can get online. And whenever I'm at a friend's house and we hve nothing to do, I normally make a blueprint, and then upload it so taht they can download it for their sims game.

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:30 am
I made my house and two of my mates houses. I even put my friends in there.

Blueprints are a good idea.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:30 am
i have never made a real house, i always design them myself blaugh i though about making my house once, but i never did  

Kitties_at_the_disco

Kasumi_Uzumaki_Chan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:40 pm
Anyone ever try re-modeling a house so it looks like one in real life? I've kinda done that before, but I haven't had much luck.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:04 pm
I once tried making my grandparents' house on the sims 1. It worked well except for the bathroom.  

Emradrig

Aged Healer

9,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50

Kitties_at_the_disco

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:40 pm
i always design my own houses xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:30 am
I do the blueprints thing too, sometimes it works out well and sometimes it doesn't, but I usually build my own houses in game.  

Sapphire_Sorceress75

Kadaj Ishamu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:36 am
I've done up my house, but it didn't go too well...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:15 pm
i suck at making houses from scratch, so i usually download them or use the defaults
i tried making my own house once, but since i couldn't put the garage next to foundation, it's not perfect. and i couldn't make the driveway going uphill into the garage so it would end up the same height as the foundation, like my house does. so yeah.

User Image

`R a i n b o w

Charly_Deamen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:29 am
I will proudly say that I go to websites that offer house floor plans, I have a whole fat folder of printed floor plans in my filing cabinet. I always look for something new and fresh.

My favorite building style has to be Victorian. I find that building Victorian homes allows for maximum efficiency. Spanish haciendas, well my sims spend half an hour walking from the bedroom to the kitchen in the morning. It's kinda inconvenient.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:05 pm
Once I did. I built my fathers house. It was a lot of fun, and turned out pretty neat too. Though it's probably not playable, haha.

tamenak

Nana-Misa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:32 pm
i did bult a house once that i took to a friend who is an architect and he built it..not exactly..but he did the outside exactly as i designed it. I got paid a good sum of money..im paying for college!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:38 am
I love designing houses. When my sister was building her new house i stole the blue prints and made a new model  

Colorguardangel2010

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:30 pm
acum esti acasa... nu ai unde sa pleci

I've tried it, but I'm not really that good at making houses.
sweatdrop

-----

maggot disaster

The Sims Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out