Submit

Albus/Gellert?
  HELL YES.
  Ew... no. You're all perverted.
  Mmm... I still prefer Albus/Giant Squid
View Results

Aari-chan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:44 pm
So... J.K. Rowing just told her audience in New York that Dumbledore was, in fact, gay! He was in love with dear ol' Gellert Grindelwald. So... Reactions? What do ya think? Are you rejoicing? (If so, join us all partying at the Great Grindeldore Thread. It's freakin' amazing.)

WELCOME ABOARD THE SHIP GREATER GOOD!

Links:
Grindeldore Thread

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:04 pm
the anesthetic never set in and i'm wondering where
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

i soo did
not see that coming!
i never thought he'd be
one to be romantically in
love, ya know?

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
the apathy and urgency is that i thought i phoned in

- m a c a r o n i e -

Spiral Out

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:36 pm
I knew it from the sparkly robes and high heels.

Then, seven books later he hadn't managed to find a girlfriend, so...

I'm glad it's canon though! Now there are... three canon pairs that I don't hate! Whoo!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:24 am
I totally did not see that coming. I just read the article on MSN this morning.

Article  

Fleur Evette

Aari-chan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:52 am
Well, if you haven't been converted yet, you should check out the thread in the HP subforum. The fanart alone will do it. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:49 pm
I wasn't too surprised, but was very happy at the announcement.  

willowtree
Captain

covo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:29 pm
I truely and honestly applaud JK Rowling. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:08 pm
That was a big surprise to me.  

Charmed 4Life

Dapper Dabbler

7,925 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200

FayeKasumiValentine1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:41 pm
I'm very shocked and saddened. She did it just to upset or please everyone. Good way of alienating some of your fans and do it to make a big political statement.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:10 am
This will have a very big impact on the Christian community. 3nodding  

Da_Pretender

Spiral Out

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:34 am
FayeKasumiValentine1
I'm very shocked and saddened. She did it just to upset or please everyone. Good way of alienating some of your fans and do it to make a big political statement.
She didn't say it to make a statement, she said it because someone asked.

She doesn't seem like the kind of person who would lie because she was worried about offending a handful of obstinate people. Don't forget that her books burned when they first came out by people who embraced a similar kind of narrow-minded dogmatism. confused  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:14 pm
i don't think Dumbledore is gay. i mean him being gay totally kills the Harry Potter books. he shoudln't be gay. J.K. just wants attention. like brittany but J.K. didn't shave her hair.(i still love J.k. Rowing though)  

Charli Harte

Spiral Out

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:25 pm
Charli Harte
i don't think Dumbledore is gay. i mean him being gay totally kills the Harry Potter books. he shoudln't be gay. J.K. just wants attention. like brittany but J.K. didn't shave her hair.(i still love J.k. Rowing though)

Well, he was in love with a man and never had a relationship with a woman, so I'm pretty sure he's gay, and I'm pretty sure that it has NO affect on the books/movies what so ever.

Again, she didn't do it for attention, someone asked her if Dumbledore had ever had a great love in his life, and he had, and it was a man.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:14 pm
Spiral Out
Charli Harte

Well, he was in love with a man and never had a relationship with a woman, so I'm pretty sure he's gay, and I'm pretty sure that it has NO affect on the books/movies what so ever.

Again, she didn't do it for attention, someone asked her if Dumbledore had ever had a great love in his life, and he had, and it was a man.

yes, but some of his actions do not reflect the fact that he is gay. J.K. should have alluded to it, but instead she said it during a book interview, why so late???  

Charli Harte

Spiral Out

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:33 pm
Charli Harte
yes, but some of his actions do not reflect the fact that he is gay. J.K. should have alluded to it, but instead she said it during a book interview, why so late???

What actions? What did he do in the books that made him straight?

And like I've said a few times, she said it because someone asked her.  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff