Reply +Illusionary+
[PRP] Libraries are weird (Fai and Anala) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tahoi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:39 pm
Alek was starting to think that maybe he shouldn't have sat at the big table near the teens section. Even if it was unoccupied, even if it did have a nice big space between it and the other tables for Anala to sit in, like she liked doing. Alek had been having weird luck (well, maybe not luck but something) latey, and as usual...there was a couple seated in the next table over, in the teens section. Doing couple things. Very noisily. It was distracting and gross and very uncomfortable and...Alek would break them up himself, but that meant drawing Anala's attention to it. He really, really didn't want her asking any questions about it.

Anala sat on the floor by Alek's chair, absorbed in a picture book of birds Alek had found and blissfully unattentive to what was going on the background.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:53 am
Elda was annoyed. The internet at home was down, so she’d tried to come to the library to do her research the old fashioned way, with books; unfortunately, that also meant bringing Fai out with her. So her little boy lay in his car seat, comfortably, and not strapped in, while chewing/drooling on a cloth book about the letters of the alphabet.

Research was Elda’s least favorite part of starting a new novel, but it was something she knew had to be done. The library was almost empty, save for an oblivious librarian, a young man with a little girl a few tables over, and, much to Elda’s displeasure, a preppy teenage couple who’s decided the library was their own personal make-out spot, and we going at it with gusto.

She could always leave, Elda knew, and come back another day, but this research needed to be finished today. Anyway, she was not going to let a couple of stupid teenagers with no modesty run her off. She tried to consternate on her book for just a little while longer, while ignoring the sounds and wet noises coming from the next table over, but finally it was more than she could take.

Picking Fai up, she stalked in the direction of the teens, her face set with determination. . .

Elda-Kun

Tahoi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:04 pm
Shaking his head and muttering about stupid people, Alek glanced around. Empty tables, librarian, Anala, couple, lady with a baby--no one else around? And none of them were moving, so there wasn't much hope of someone else stopping the pair... Making a face, Alek got up as carefully as he could, wincing as he stumbled on his bad leg and banged the table. Trying to dismiss Anala's curious look, Alek looked around again, hoping that maybe the noise distracted the busy couple.

No such luck. The teens were still obliviously making out, and Alek twitched at the realization that they were probably close to his age. Ew. Spotting Elda, he raised his eyebrows. Was she going to try and stop them?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:35 pm
Determined, and oblivious to the word around her, Elda approached the teens and tapped the male on the shoulder.

“Hellooooo.” She said, softly, her voice laced with anger. “I case you haven’t noticed people are trying to work in here, and you two are being very distracting. Not to mention the example you’re setting for the small children.” She gestured to Fai in his carrier and the little girl sitting nearby. “So, can we please act like reasonable young adults over here. . . Or leave.”

She then turned and walked in the direction of the man and the little girl.

“Sorry about that, I hope I didn’t disturb you.”

Elda-Kun

Tahoi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:11 pm
"Mnnnwha?" Twitching at the tap, the boy pulled himself out of a particulary awkward-to-watch kiss and looked at Elda with a slightly dazed, blank look. His brows furrowed as he slowly processed what was being said, then rose when he realized what the issue was. Rising as a unit, the couple offered such words as "Chill a bit, man" and "Whatever" and a brief, somewhat unconvincing apology, and left, trailing fluttery laughter and imaginary romantic sparkles.

Reseating himself with a relieved sigh, Alek smiled slightly, saying, "Nah, you weren't any trouble. It was those two other kids; I was kind of going out of my mind, having to listen to them." He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "I wanted to go stop them myself, but I can never get out of a chair quietly--and anyway, thanks for that." He jabbed his finger towards the exit and made a face. "It was kinda really gross, too, those guys're probably close to my age. Egh."  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:02 pm
“But I’m sure you don’t make out randomly in public places do you?” She teased. “I’m Elda by the way, and this little poo-flinger is Fai.”

She lifted the carrier up so he could see the little boy what was practicing in his favorite hobby, blowing wet, gooey, spit bubbles. Elda grinned sheepishly.

Elda-Kun

Tahoi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:23 pm
Alek's ears turned red at the thought of him ever making out with someone and she shuddered. Ew. He waved a hand in front of him, as if dispelling the notion. "Oh god no, that would be several kinds of mortifying! Ugh." Smiling, he offered his hand to shake. "I'm Alek, and--" He lifted Anala off the floor, making her giggle. "--this is Anala. It's nice to meet you two."

Anala giggled at Fai's bubble, reaching out a hand to pop it. "HIII~!"

"Anala! Indoor voice, remember?"  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:49 pm
Fai stared at the space that only a moment before his masterpiece bubble had occupied, and frowned. He then stuck a wet pink tongue out at the little girl.

Elda frowned. “That’s not very nice, Fai.” She said firmly. “Say sorry.”

“Sowery.” A less than remorseful voice repeated.

Elda-Kun

Tahoi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:06 pm
Anala grinned and stuck her tongue out in return. Waving a hand at Elda, she chirped. "S'ok, see?" Convinced a tongue for a tongue fixed things, she then clapped her hands and looked at Fai. "'Ey, do tha again!"

Alek covered his eyes, smiling sheepishly.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:18 pm
Fai giggled and began to once again attempt to blow the mother of all spit bubbles for his new friend. Elda rolled her eyes, but smiled all the same.

“I guess I have to apologize again for my son’s corrupting influence.” She joked.  

Elda-Kun

Tahoi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:32 pm
"Nah, Anala's always like...eh." He waved a hand towards Anala, who was attempting to copy Fai's feat. "That. It's interesting though, I thought spit bubbles of that size only appeared in cartoons, like when the characters sleep, and these things come out of their noses...but those are snot bubbles, aren't they? Nevermind then."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:44 am
Elda stilfed a laugh.

"Well, I guess cartoon character do blow spit/snot bubbles, maybe that's where Fai got the idea." She paused and though about it for a moment. "But he's never really been instreaded in television, not even kids shows, he'd always rather play with his toes, or try to break a flashlight or something."

Elda-Kun

Tahoi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:10 pm
"Break a flashlight...that makes life interesting at least?" Alek smiled, rubbing the back of his neck. "Joking, joking, but at least you don't have to worry about him picking stuff up from TV? Anala watches my brother play video games all the time and picks up stuff like 'nuke,' and then she goes around saying it at us for a week." Alek set his hand down on the table, making the papers on it scrunch. He twitched with an "Ack!" hastily pulling his hand away.

Popping her bubble, Anala laughed at Alek, clapping her hands with a "Boom!"  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:29 pm
"Actually none of my kids really watch much TV. . . which I find kinda of weird." She smiled down at Anala and Fai who seemed to be getting along brilliantly after the initial bubble incident.

"I'm glad Fai's made a friend; he tends to be anti-social."

Elda-Kun

Tahoi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:37 pm
"Anti-social?" Alek raised his eyebrows. "I wasn't aware babies could be anti-social. I thought babies were all smiley-face suns and bunnies, or close enough anyway." Alek half-smiled. "A new thing learned every day, I guess."  
+Illusionary+

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff